“dirty” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Hollywood, Florida
“dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No parking at hotel. You have to pay like 15$ a day. Hotel is remodeled, but looks like they cut every corner possible. I smelled cigarettes all night. I ended up making my own gasket around the door because the air and smoke was just blowing right around it. You can hear everything in just about every room around yours. Found some roaches hanging out in the bathroom. To top it off, after you book and pay, they charge you a 10$ "resort" fee. What a joke. I'm not even a picky person. I have stayed in a lot of "shady" hotels with little complaints. I have nothing good to say about this place. They need to sell the real estate, rip this place down, and put a real resort in this great location

Room Tip: get a room away from ANY smoking rooms
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Ocoee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Nice efficiency room with full kitchen, nice flat-screen TV's, comfortable bed, and a really big swimming pool that comes right up to the Broadwalk. Helpful and sociable front desk employees: Jorge, Alejandra, Ana, and Dan.

Victor

Room Tip: For a small amount more, get a "Front View of the Ocean".
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

this hotel although is not kept to its potential in looks and entertainment, we always seem to stay here because of the service and location and of course price. I just wish they would remodel it and make more attractive and entertainment friendly.

Room Tip: if you book a ocean view, make sure you get a full view and not a side view that you have to almost...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

Stayed 2 nights, I had read reviews but couldn't cancel because it was a prepaid rate, took sheets,towels,cleaning products,my husband and I cleaned as best as we could, a miracle was needed. Curtain rod in the shower was about to collapse, dusty curtains in the room, bed was hard...air would not go lower than 75...we tried to be out of the room as much as possible, parking is a joke, $15 a day to self park overnight, no in and out privileges, if you go out 2 to 3 times you end up paying more than $20..overall it was a dump, the pool and location is the only thing worth at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2014
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

The hotel is right on the beach and has a cute little outdoor mall. The beach is great! There's a bunch of great places to eat just down from the hotel. Valet is $18, ouch, and don't lose the beach towels!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

i would stay there again. the pool was everything i wanted. we walked on the beach, just out side our door. the staff was helpful and professional, i.e., Dan. We asked for a late check out and that was not problem. I wish the parking was free but at these frugal rates Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel was still a bargain. i give them 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

I booked a room here and was not even able to check in! Their service is the WORST I have ever encountered. This summary is a bit long, and detailed, but it gives an accurate description of the complete lack of professionalism displayed by the people here and I hope very much to save anyone else the trouble of a similar experience.

We had taken a cruise and arranged for pick up with the hotel that morning at the Port. The driver didn't show at the agreed upon time, and when I called the hotel, he hadn't even left. He'd FORGOTTEN about us. I was told he was on the way, (after correcting him twice on our location) and was told he would call me when he arrived.

Over 30 minutes later, no phone call & no driver. I called the hotel again, was placed on hold, then told the driver would call me. When he finally did call, he said he had been at the port, and couldn't find us, so he left! (He NEVER called my phone).The driver said that he had been there "in a white shirt", calling for me by name. When I reminded him he had promised to call my phone on arrival, he said he didn't have my number. (Even though he was able to call me after I called the hotel asking where he was.) He said he could be back to pick us up "around noon." (We were supposed to have been picked up at 10:30 am!) When I told him this was unacceptable, he argued with me and hung up on me.

I finally called Orbitz, through whom I'd initially booked the room, for help in making new / other arrangements. Even their service people told me after speaking to the hotel staff that they had been "very uncooperative."

The front desk seemed unorganized and was completely unapologetic. When I called again to ask for a refund, (after Orbitz had helpfully tried to negotiate with them for us with little success), I was greeted by the front desk staff as being "the woman who called Orbitz on us." Their front and reservation desk employees both greeted me this way and were hostile and rude for the duration of conversation.

(They did agree to a refund after I explained that their driver had lost any good will and I now felt it would be dangerous to ride in his vehicle as he was obviously upset with me. Further, because they were unwilling to provide any other transportation to their location, as previously agreed, there was no way for me to reach their hotel in order to attempt to check in.)

After this, they refused to answer any other questions and hung up the phone on me. (The third person from this group to do so). Not one person I spoke with through the entire ordeal ever apologized for the driver's tardiness, or behavior nor did they make any attempt to keep my business or rectify the situation at all. I was told to wait, and he'd be there, as soon as he could. (After I'd already been waiting for almost 2 hours, in a loading/ unloading area next to a boat!)

The location looked ideal and I booked this room with such high hopes of a unique location and experience. As it is... I'm kind of glad we never made it there. When I booked the room in June, 2014- they had 4 star reviews on this site... now they're down to 2.5... it's no wonder. I hope this review saves someone else the trouble of dealing with these people.

Room Tip: Avoid this place completely!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!