“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Ocoee, Florida
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Nice efficiency room with full kitchen, nice flat-screen TV's, comfortable bed, and a really big swimming pool that comes right up to the Broadwalk. Helpful and sociable front desk employees: Jorge, Alejandra, Ana, and Dan.

Victor

Room Tip: For a small amount more, get a "Front View of the Ocean".
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

this hotel although is not kept to its potential in looks and entertainment, we always seem to stay here because of the service and location and of course price. I just wish they would remodel it and make more attractive and entertainment friendly.

Room Tip: if you book a ocean view, make sure you get a full view and not a side view that you have to almost...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed 2 nights, I had read reviews but couldn't cancel because it was a prepaid rate, took sheets,towels,cleaning products,my husband and I cleaned as best as we could, a miracle was needed. Curtain rod in the shower was about to collapse, dusty curtains in the room, bed was hard...air would not go lower than 75...we tried to be out of the room as much as possible, parking is a joke, $15 a day to self park overnight, no in and out privileges, if you go out 2 to 3 times you end up paying more than $20..overall it was a dump, the pool and location is the only thing worth at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2014
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is right on the beach and has a cute little outdoor mall. The beach is great! There's a bunch of great places to eat just down from the hotel. Valet is $18, ouch, and don't lose the beach towels!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

i would stay there again. the pool was everything i wanted. we walked on the beach, just out side our door. the staff was helpful and professional, i.e., Dan. We asked for a late check out and that was not problem. I wish the parking was free but at these frugal rates Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel was still a bargain. i give them 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked a room here and was not even able to check in! Their service is the WORST I have ever encountered. This summary is a bit long, and detailed, but it gives an accurate description of the complete lack of professionalism displayed by the people here and I hope very much to save anyone else the trouble of a similar experience.

We had taken a cruise and arranged for pick up with the hotel that morning at the Port. The driver didn't show at the agreed upon time, and when I called the hotel, he hadn't even left. He'd FORGOTTEN about us. I was told he was on the way, (after correcting him twice on our location) and was told he would call me when he arrived.

Over 30 minutes later, no phone call & no driver. I called the hotel again, was placed on hold, then told the driver would call me. When he finally did call, he said he had been at the port, and couldn't find us, so he left! (He NEVER called my phone).The driver said that he had been there "in a white shirt", calling for me by name. When I reminded him he had promised to call my phone on arrival, he said he didn't have my number. (Even though he was able to call me after I called the hotel asking where he was.) He said he could be back to pick us up "around noon." (We were supposed to have been picked up at 10:30 am!) When I told him this was unacceptable, he argued with me and hung up on me.

I finally called Orbitz, through whom I'd initially booked the room, for help in making new / other arrangements. Even their service people told me after speaking to the hotel staff that they had been "very uncooperative."

The front desk seemed unorganized and was completely unapologetic. When I called again to ask for a refund, (after Orbitz had helpfully tried to negotiate with them for us with little success), I was greeted by the front desk staff as being "the woman who called Orbitz on us." Their front and reservation desk employees both greeted me this way and were hostile and rude for the duration of conversation.

(They did agree to a refund after I explained that their driver had lost any good will and I now felt it would be dangerous to ride in his vehicle as he was obviously upset with me. Further, because they were unwilling to provide any other transportation to their location, as previously agreed, there was no way for me to reach their hotel in order to attempt to check in.)

After this, they refused to answer any other questions and hung up the phone on me. (The third person from this group to do so). Not one person I spoke with through the entire ordeal ever apologized for the driver's tardiness, or behavior nor did they make any attempt to keep my business or rectify the situation at all. I was told to wait, and he'd be there, as soon as he could. (After I'd already been waiting for almost 2 hours, in a loading/ unloading area next to a boat!)

The location looked ideal and I booked this room with such high hopes of a unique location and experience. As it is... I'm kind of glad we never made it there. When I booked the room in June, 2014- they had 4 star reviews on this site... now they're down to 2.5... it's no wonder. I hope this review saves someone else the trouble of dealing with these people.

Room Tip: Avoid this place completely!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First I called to check on parking and they specifically told me to use the parking garage so I did and u have to pay for parking sooooo I did which wasn't a prob. ..till I went to check in and they said I had to go over to the next building which is the Hollywood towers and it is also a time share and their parking is included in the over all price so when I went back to talk w the guy he said well maybe they will give you a refund buuut they didn't, second I paid for the "resort fee which is only 10 bux a day but 10 bux a day adds up and I wasn't even staying at the resort I was staying at the towers so I had to go round n round to get that back, third I paid extra for an ocean view room w a regular queen size bed as opposed to a murphy bed...now if u don't know already a murphy bed pulls down out of the wall and sleeps kind of like a couch pull out bed....which is exactly what I got....the room n the towers was very nice don't get me wrong n the end I was greatful I was staying there bc the resort looked so so bad...it is lit like connected to an abandoned mall which it states as an added attraction hahahahaha....oh and the breakfast holy cow!!!! I'm not sure where they got their pics from online but it isn't this place. I arrived early to fl so I called to check on an early check in time and they stressed 4 oclock and any sooner would be impossible so it is what it is can't argue policy but once I got there and got shift over to the towers their check in time was 3 so that was a bit aggravating not to mention I stood in line at the resort for 20 minutes waiting to be told to go stand online at the towers for another 30....the staff doesn't rly care they just keep giving the run around and telling you to talk to 1 person or another...then on my final day seeing as I booked w the resort check in was 4 check out was 11 i took all my stuff to the car and went back to the room to make 1 final sweep to make sure nothing went as left behind and my room key wouldn't work...bc they disable all keys after 10...at the resort check out is 10 not 11 so I had to go down to the desk,wait n line just to get another key....vacation isn't supposed to be about stress....I'd advise against staying at the Hollywood resort or the tower. Hope this helps someone else.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!