“We did not let it ruin our time” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #56 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Toronto Ontario
“We did not let it ruin our time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have been trying to decide what to say about this hote property. We book this hotel back in Sept 2012 . It was our day in Hollywood Beach to enjoy with our large family group before going on our long awaited cruise on the ALLURE. Very excited to kick off our day at Hollywood Beach and walk the boardwalk. Seek out the shops and resturants which we did once we got over our frustration and disapointment.
We stayed at this hote Feb 16th -17th. The area is beautiful, great location, the pool areas are nice and the building itself is not too bad. Its OLD and historic but that is what makes it unique and interesting.
Rooms are very DATED and the shower/tubs .... OLD and kind of scummy. We did not notice any bad smells thank god . Some rooms did not have pillows or blankets. The Front desk Unorganzied and untrained.. We had a problem right from the get go. We were told that the hotel had overbooked and that part of our family group was going to be shuttled to another hotel by the airport where we just came from. We said straight out NOT HAPPENING and that the hotel staff had to fix this. We booked WAY in advance and we were a large family group and not separating. The hotel staff were KIDS, disorganzied and not trained in our opinion to work a busy front desk of a popular tourist destination. Some of us spent two hours in the lobby sorting this out. We ended up having to share rooms as some of the rooms had pull our couches. They would not reimburse our credit cards said it had to be done with our travel agent. Needless to say the pull out couches were horrible, those that slept on them got NO SLEEP. It has taken us a while since returning home to get our money back but we have. There was a lot of frsutration and anger but it was a beautiful day in Ft Lauderdale and we did not want this to ruin our day/evening before catching the ship the next day. When all was said and done we had a lovely lunch on a terrace that over looks the pool and boardwalk and ocean and we had a great time. We enjoyed a lovely dinner on the boardwalk later that evening . This hotel needs lots of work, it can keep its charm but it needs a TOTAL OVERHAUL. Needs tender loving care and its a shame it does not get it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jerry W, General Manager at Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest. The Historic Hollywood Beach Resort is under new management since 04/02/2013 we will make sure that the problems will be addressed properly . Please feel free to contact me during your future trips because I want to make sure that I take care personally of you and your stay . I have attached below my contact information for your convenience. Thanks again

Jerrywalker19@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This place is a dump! The hotel smells of rotten smoke! Our room was full of mold,the bathroom ceiling leaked. We had a lamp and alarm clock but no outlet to plug it in.We had no coffee maker or phone in our room. The only good thing about this place is the pool but you have to pay a dollar for the mat and they will only hold your chair for 2 hours so don't go anywhere far for lunch. You have to eat out for all of your meals because you cant stand to eat in your room from the smell of must and mold! If you end up eating in your room, well you can sit on the bed and cook your meals the rooms are so tiny. Hotel staff are very rude! I would never stay here again if you paid me! 10 dollar a day resort fee and 15 dollars a day to park.Oh and they also got rid of the free breakfast.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jerry W, General Manager at Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest.

The Historic Hollywood Beach Resort is under new management since 04/02/2013 we will make sure that the problems will be addressed properly . Please feel free to contact me during your future trips because I want to make sure that I take care personally of you and your stay . I have attached below my contact information for your convenience. Please Remember that there is other companies renting rooms here and promising you the world. Thanks again..

Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my 3rd year coming to this hotel. Can't say enough about the service and treatment I get from all the staff here. With some of the changes taking place with this property the staff have had to endure some challenges from the guests. However, I treat them how I like to be treated and each and every time i stay here my room seems to get better. This hotel is full of character but may not have the latest and greatest of some of world traveller expectations. The rooms are constantly being updated but the property is maintaining the grand old look in the right places. Thank you all front desk staff, to name a few, Danny, Connie, Lena, Sergio, Hortese, Winsome, and Jennifer. Oliver, as always excellent service. Bill welcome, goo job. Maintenance crew, and housekeeping excellent at your jobs, thank you. Kristy you are the best.

Hoping to see you all next year. Love from Niagara, Canada.

Room Tip: Be specific, view and room may not be same. Some rooms without the best view are the best. Some ro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Yes a big difference and with lots of tender loving care. We are back in the top mix of hotels in Hollywood Beach. Sounds like you had a fabulous time and it was a pleasure to have you as our guests from your arrival to departure and l am so happy you had the pleasure to encounter every member of staff to make your vacation wonderful !!! Please let your friends know and Let me know always your concerns. My office and staff is always here for our guest NOW and FUTURE. A very warm thank you for your nice review and from all of us … Hurry Back.....
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Well my wife and I stayed there for a couple of days prior to our cruise. We arrived to the hotel in our car and when walking to the hotel we couldn't help but wonder with the smellof urine...great first impression.
Did the check in and then walked into the hotel...it looked more like a hostel...homeless people sitting in the main lobby...dated...dirty.
We got top our room and were stunned...a little bit bigger than cabin on the cruise ship and extreamely run down.
We immediately went back down to the desk and asked for a different room...and were told "oh we downgraded you and we're full so we can't help you"...no offer to refund the difference or anything. Wanted to cancel the room and get a refund and excuse after excuse as to why they can't do that...pathetic excuse for a hotel for sure.
Due to the timing we were unable to find another room that wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg so we stayed out of this place as much as possible until bedtime.
Just have to say...stay away from this dump...

Room Tip: Avoid this place...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry W, Manager at Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

fear factor style size cock roaches in the bathroom, dust on the celing fan about an inch think, air vents are soooo dusty and crusty, the patio furniture is contaminated with food residue.
the customer service sucks, the manager Jennifer is really bad, needs to take a customer service course. If she smiles her face will crack. very rude and unpleasant. i would never recommend this hotel to anyone who is clean. Its unfortunate the place is a dump and so is the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jerry W, General Manager at Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013

Strongsville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was to be a girl's weekend and we were looking forward to walking out of the hotel onto the beach. Well the weather changed and it was cold but the hotel cannot control the weather and I cannot criticize them for that. I can grade them poorly as things went bad from the time we registered. To start with we are three women and they tried to give us a room with a king bed. It wasn't even the room we were originally promised and for which the first night had already been billed--$257.00. At these prices one does not expect to receive low budget quality. But even with that type of motel you don't have to fight for some of the things we did. The one woman's son had spent an hour and half looking the place over and talking with the manager. They pulled a bait and switch on us. The front desk staff were rude and rolled their eyes at our requests. When we complained that this was not going to work they reluctantly gave us a room with two queen beds and a pull out couch. Arriving in the room there was a terrible odor in the bathroom, lightbulbs did not work, and the sheers in the bedroom were literally sheared in half--almost like a dog had clawed at them. So we complained and a very nice young man came up and recleaned the bathroom with bleach as he believed the odor was from using a dirty mop. We had to practically beg, borrow and steal towels and washcloths for the three of us. We were told they didn't have enough. The second day they never cleaned the room except to empty trash and take dirty towels. Then we had to beg, borrow, and steal new ones for the three of us. A maintenance man did arrive the first evening to fix some lightbulbs but couldn't fix the burnt out one in the bathroom because they didn't have that type of bulb as that was the only light fixture like that in the hotel. All others were a different type. O'Malley's had good food and the kiosks to grab breakfast food were fine. The web site states a continental breakfast but not that you have to pay for it and is not included in the room. That is how we learned of the two different management companies who own the hotel and depending on how you book determines what you get. The whole experience was truly enlightening and not one I want to repeat.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I have been coming here for about 15 years. We were here 4 times in the last year alone. It seems that one's perspective on the property is purely a matter of personal preference and we like it very much. We have never had anything but top notch service and friendly employees, which may be because we don't walk around griping and moaning about every little thing as some others seem to do. (see Don't bother-it's dead, below) The location, pool and spa are fabulous and we enjoy walking the length of the Broadwalk each morning and finding new breakfast spots. There are plenty of activities available and...oh yeah.....there is the ocean and miles of beach. If you can't come here and relax, than I am afraid there is not much chance you will relax anywhere. I suggest you book a stay, keep an open mind, quit griping and enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!