We have coming to this hotel annually for the past 7 years. Each year our experience has declined. The ONLY reason we continued to book this hotel was because O'Malleys Ocean Pub was right outside on the Broadwalk and the beach was right there- no car required. Well, they ran off OMalleys. We were there the week of Feb 3rd. No beach bar. The place was boarded up. OMalleys was truly the only reason we booked this hotel. It has been moved upstairs but has none of the great drinks it used to have and no menu.No people there either. It's dead. They will serve food from the hotel's new restraunt but the food is awful. The free breakfast used to be great- cut up fresh fruit salad, coffee cake, bagels, pastries. No more coffee cake or fruit. The hotel is now managed by two separate entities who are at war with each other. Customer Service at the SG check in desk was seriously lacking. Not one person behind the desk was pleasant or personable. Our room was OK-typical of what we find every year. Rather over priced, fairly clean, comfortable enough. We only shower and sleep in it. Some rooms have been updated; others not. One window was partially open and would not close. The hotel is attached to an empty mall. The Condo owners units are interspersed with the hotel rooms. Security guards were added at the elevator entrance a few years ago. They aren't much help and can't answer any questions. I imagine the Condo owners foot this bill so they feel safer from the riff raff.
BEWARE- they add a 10.00 per day charge to the already overpriced room. (A Resort fee??!!??) for the honor of a towel at the pool (which we did not use.) the "Gym" has some equipment but the locker room is in extremely poor shape and has been for 2 years. They did paint the exterior and updated the halls and doors, but service and attitude are worse than ever. You can stay elsewhere for less money. I suggest anyplace North on the Broadwalk where the action is... tourist shops, many restraunts, cabanas on the beach to rent. Nothing happening here.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
- Ramada Hollywood Beach Hotel
- Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort
- Hollywood Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Hollywood Beach Resort, or “Grand Lady” as it is often referred to is located in Hollywood Florida, in the heart of the 2.5 mile Hollywood Beach Boardwalk and has welcomed families, couples and friends since 1925. This Hollywood Oceanfront Resort sits right on Hollywood Beach, a family-friendly award winning beach featuring the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, voted by Travel & Leisure as one of “America's Best Beach Boardwalks” and Fodor Travel Guide's “Best Beach for Families. The Hollywood Boardwalk is lined with boutique shops, cafes, restaurants and daily entertainment and if that isn't enough to keep you busy for days on end, our Historic Hollywood Beach Resort also features the Ocean Walk Mall right in the Resort with more shopping, activity rentals from land to sea, cruise port access, café's, restaurants, and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Otel, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Stentorian NV, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Historic Hollywood Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.