“Wedding Bliss” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #58 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Rochester, New York, United States
“Wedding Bliss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My husband and I got married in Florida this weekend and this was the hotel my guests stayed in. There were some check in issues but I think everything was handled eventually. I can't tell you the experience my out-of-town guests had, but my bridesmaids and I stayed in the Tower 3 story suite at the top of the hotel. We used this suite for our rehearsal dinner, bridal shower and bachelorette party and the top floor of the suite was where the groom and I stayed. If individuals didn't enjoy their rooms, they definitely enjoyed our suite. The hotel is steps from the beach and the strip where there is plenty to do and eat. The pool was heated so if you didn't want to get in the cool ocean water you could enjoy the pool. Went to visit some of the guest rooms and they seemed nice, but hopefully our guests will give you their experiences. From the pix it seems like everyone enjoyed the strip. :-)

Room Tip: If you want a new or ocean view room make sure you specifically ask for it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

566 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
OVERLAND PARK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Although the prices quoted aren't budget, the condition of the hotel is. They have made superficial improvements but the problem is that they appear to hire unskilled contractors and pay no attention to detail. the room may have a new granite counter, but it won't fit and will pieced together. the windows, tubs, tiling are all caulked poorly and it looks like a 6th grader tried to do the work. I have been coming here 6 years now. this type of shoddy workmanship is evident in every room i've stayed in. My rooms have been clean on the surface, but don't look behind the bed or dresser - inches of dust. sometime there is mildew in the shower. a little bleach is all they need. tubs and showers are not in good condition; again poor workmanship. water pressure had varied a lot for me. they have also cut back - they used to have an omelet station at breakfast for a fee in addition to the free cold foods, but not this year. can't blame them there; you can walk down the Broadwalk and get a good hot breakfast from $2.00 up. Their other HUGE managerial mistake is to charge a $10.00/day "resort" fee. This covers chairs and towels at the pool and a news paper IF you ask for it and IF they have one. Now any Motel 6 will give you a chair by the pool w/o charging you for it. (Go to the beach instead.)Their charges are ridiculous at best. they would be better off including that cost in the room rate instead. it's just poor management and a lack of business sense. BTW- this is NOT a RESORT by any stretch of the imagination. You get a room that includes a kitchenette and a shower. there is a pool and a nice continental breakfast. nothing else to distinguish them as a resort. There is a wonderful bar behind the hotel and the beach is right there- has nothing to do w/ the hotel which is attached to an empty mall. there are two independent tee shirt type shops and a convenience store in the mall. this year a bike rental place also moved into the mall. if you want to be close to a beach w/ cabanas to rent (26.00/day) and a bar and the Broadwalk and plan to just sleep and shower in the room, it will do. don't expect anything above a budget motel. their location is why they are still in business. get a good price. i have paid anywhere from 90.00 to 170.00 for the very same room. (my stupidity) try priceline or kayak. i have never been treated rudely by the staff. one last thing - WIFI does not reach most rooms. if it does it is super slow and you get kicked off constantly. forget it. luckily i had 4G this year and relied on that.

Room Tip: don't go for the petite studio. these are essentially large closets.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
bailey,n.c.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

we went for a get away found it on line we stayed 2 nites no place to eat in hotel only pub out by the beach open at 11,closed at 2pm good snack food and drinks . nice walk way on ocean front nothing in the hotel empty space's staff very rude .offer you no help .if cost was not a facter we would have flown out the next day NO STARS FOR THIS PLACE

Room Tip: nothing wear socks in room ,dogs are allowed
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Steinbach, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed here for seven nights. I am used to budget hotels and this is what the hotel was. My room was falling apart. I had to laugh at the shape my room was in. I did a lot of activities in Miami Beach and the Bayside Market. On a good day it was a 45 min to one hour drive and rush hour it was a 1 hour 15 min to 2 hour ride. The hotel seems to be in the middle of no where. The internet was very poor in my room and I would have to go down to the lobby to browse. I could hear the next door neighbors snoring, laughing, and heard their TVS. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed in a "Petite Mini Suite". It was not a suite but it sure was a mini! The end of the bed was less than a foot from the dresser/TV stand. One whole wall was a mirror (I guess to make it look bigger) and that was not attractive. I felt claustrophobic in the tiny room--I have never stayed in such a tiny room at a resort. The "kitchenette" was sparsely furnished. Ironically, there were pots and pans but no stove. The bathroom was dirty, the walls were thin so you could hear everything--people talking, walking, banging their hotel doors. The best thing about this hotel is the location--right on the beach and on the boardwalk.

I love to sit on the beach but this hotel does not have any free chairs to use on the beach nor do they rent any beach chairs out. There are beach chairs available for rent on the beach thru an independent company if the people who rent them are working. I was at Hollywood Beach from Monday to Saturday and the only day the beach guy showed up was on Saturday. So, if you want to sit on the beach you will probably have to buy a chair to use for the week.

The pool is nice--but I was at once again there was a chair problem There weren't enough chairs for the people who wanted to sit at the pool. I did enjoy the Broadwalk--lots of shops, restaurants, and good people watching. Good for biking, walking, and rollerblading as well. Rent a bike and ride down to the pier-nice ride.

Room Tip: It's all a crap shoot as rooms are individually owned and decorated by owners. Many people at t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

My family and I stayed here 2/6/12 through 2/8/12... and we are severely ILL! Apparently, because this is a cruise port hotel, the cruise ship illness is being passed around this place! My mother got sick the first evening, and we were all 5 sick by the time we left! The bug is apparently floating around this place. DO NOT stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this old historic hotel that was located right on the boardwalk on Hollywood Beach. This hotel was not one that we will ever go back to ever again. It was right on the beach which was nice and they had a great pool. Our room was gross. The bathroom was falling apart (the drain in the bathtub/shower didn't work, the shower head threatened to fall off, there were stains on the blanket and pillows, the kitchen looked filthy). My husband and I could not wait to get out of there. Oh and the concierge was less than helpful. We wanted to go to Sawgrass Mills mall to shop and he quoted us $80 by taxi. The next day when we were waiting for the airport shuttle we found out that there was a tour for $30 to the mall offered by the hotel. Um so why didn't he tell us. Also there was a free internet connection in the business center that we found by accident because the ladies at the front desk told us that there was no internet at the hotel. They have no safe place to store luggage if you should happen to arrive before your room is ready. Your luggage is left right out in the open beside the consierge desk and he his rarely at his post. Did I mention how rude this man is. I think he's in the wrong profession because he was not helpful to the guests at all.

This hotel is off our list.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!