“Nice place for the money!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #56 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
“Nice place for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This was a nice place to stay to get away from it all. It was actually a condo so we had lots of room. So it was a little dated, it seemed we had an apartment not a hotel room. Great views of the ocean, only wished it had a balcony or the windows could open. Great pool deck and a very uncroweded beach. You can take the bus or trolley to just about anyplace if you want to be around the crowds. We'll come back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Great location directly on the beach and boardwalk. Many restaraunts within walking distance on the Broadwalk or across the street on the waterway. I have stayed here several times over the past 5-6 years. It's a gamble as to what kind of room you will get. Some are awful; others are very nice and renovated.Price seems to have nothing to do with it. I had a lovely ocean view room with 2 beds for 90.00 in early November. Prices I see today ($227.00) are utterly ridiculous for this hotel. Rooms should go for about 95/night; maybe a bit more during high season but not over 150.00. I think they are trying to inflate themselves with their prices. if people are smart they will not pay those prices. unless you are there for the beach stay downtown prior to the cruise. Plumbing is old; water pressure and temp are not consistent. Windows don't open and are often in disrepair. mold and mildew is not uncommon in the bath. ( a bit of clorox will do the trick.) Housekeeping is OK but not really concerned. a pile of sand remained in the corner of the bathroom the entire weekend i was there in November. I have always had great service from the front desk. SO, it's a gamble. I go solely for the beach and ocean and only sleep and shower in the room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is not the place for you if you want a top-flight experience and are willing to pay the premium for that. We wanted a clean, safe, reasonably-priced room to sleep in the night before a cruise, and we got that, and even more. The room was fine, clean, no bedbugs, but it was not fancy. The hotel has a faded elegance which is being restored, and we were charmed by the lovely art deco features and vintage photos. The staff were incredibly helpful, even gave us a ride in their shuttle to a nearby pharmacy and picked us up when we were ready to return. The big bonuses were the beach and boardwalk, right outside the back door, and O'Malleys, where we ate well and were made to feel welcome. If you want elegance, go somewhere else. If you want a great location, serviceable room and bend over backwards staff, stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We had prepaid for our rooms for before and after our cruise. The first room we had smelt of mold , very out dated , sheers were rotten and literally hanging in shreds, plug in was broken off fridge .In all very bad. We went to Key West for a night and returned to find the next room was not much better. After our cruise we spent one more night and this room was better . It had had some upgrades but the whole place had moldy smell.
It was a constant fight with shuttle service. They kept wanting to charge us $18.00 for the service. When we got back from our cruise and called to be picked up we were told they only drop you off but do not pick you back up so it cost us another $27.00 for a cab to return to the hotel. Don't waste your money spend a few more dollars for a decent place to stay. Very little to offer here. I am sure in it's day there was but every thing is closed up now. |The towels they provided at desk for the beach and pool were just rags.

Room Tip: DON;T . if you do make sure you as for a room that has some upgrades
Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel before and after our cruise, When we arrived they gave us a room that was reeking of mildew, had dirty floors ,a torn bed sheet and really in need of repair. We got assigned another room that was better but certainly not up to our standards.
As we had prepaid our stays we did the best we could.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is beautiful being on the beach but there is little else.
This is an old hotel in need of demolition. From now on we will stick with 4-5 star hotels, they may cost a few dollars more but health and safety are more important.

West Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I went into the Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port expecting the absolute worst, based on the several negative reviews I read after booking my trip. I arrived Monday morning of Thanksgiving week. Having called the day before my trip from Minneapolis to Ft. Lauderdale, I called and inquired about the free shuttle service. They told me to call when I landed and someone would come right out. After landing, I waited no less than 10 minutes before an extremely friendly driver showed up. We talked music all the way in (I'm an air-personality on a radio station in Minneapolis). I arrived at roughly 11AM, worried that I would have to wait until the 4:00PM check-in. I was told my room was ready and that I could check in right away. I went up to the 5th floor (after being greeted by another friendly employee, the security guard), held my breath and opened the door. What I saw was not a dank and dingy room (as I had read in some other reviews), but instead an immaculate, homey room with a clean and inviting bed. The bathroom, which I had read was awful, was adequate and contained two different soaps, plenty of clean towels and a blow-dryer. I was a little disappointed there was no shampoo, but there was a convenience store directly behind the front desk. I wasn't crazy about the shower head (being spoiled with my own at home), but the water pressure was excellent and I always had plenty of hot water.
I was pleasantly surprised to find a full-size refrigerator, a microwave and dishes, including wine glasses. The television set was an older 27-inch model and the color dropped out once in a while, but frankly, I wasn't there to watch TV.
I highly recommend O'Malley's just outside the hotel. After just one visit, I felt like a regular, which was especially nice since I was traveling alone. The foot is excellent, especially the oysters (stay away from the foot-long hot dog, though), and reasonably priced, as are the drinks.
The pool had a nice atmosphere and the water was perfect (if not a little too warm), but the hot-tub didn't work for the most part and only one jet worked when it did. The pool towels, gotten at the front desk, are nothing to write home about softness-wise, but they are nice sized. The beach, which is directly across from the hotel, is spectacular.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

We stayed here in unit 424 for 2 weeks. This unit is privately owned by a local accommodating family.
You can't rent it at the desk but must go to vrbo.com listing 369424
Under Hollywood beach And faces the ocean with a great view. I stay at this hotel every year and this was the cleanest best values with many included ammonites in studio beach towel, chairs, etc. I look forward to staying here next year.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!