“Perfect Location!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charter House-Ocean Beach Hotels

Charter House-Ocean Beach Hotels
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Charter House-Ocean Beach Hotels
You added Charter House-Ocean Beach Hotels to your Saves list
321 Minnesota Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Greenville, Indiana
“Perfect Location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is the first time I have ever written a review for a stay, but I was so IMPRESSED by the accommodations I felt compelled to share.

Originally, I had other accommodations for my trip. Colleagues were booked at the Caroline and the Charter House and insisted they could get me in!!! So, I changed and boy am I glad I did!! The Charter House had EVERYTHING I needed and was so close to the Beach.

From the moment I walked through the door, I felt like I was in an island getaway (something you would see in a movie)!! Although, a one bedroom rental, it had plenty of space!! It was akin a one bedroom apartment; and I even thought this would be a great place to live!! The room had all the necessities including t.v., phone, internet service, sofa/futon, dresser and mirror, chest of drawers, 2 night stands, very comfortable bed with Island palm trees bedding. Even though I was there on business, I felt like I was on vacation!! Should someone have children, the futon provided a place to sleep as well as still having plenty of room for an air mattress.

The kitchen was great- fully furnished with pots/pan, cups, dishes, utensils, fridge, microwave and a little dinette set. I was also very happy to learn of the washer/dryer on site.

One of the best parts of the Charter House also was the outside courtyard!! Plenty of places for all of the guests to sit out, enjoy a magazine and a drink, and watch passersby walking to the beach. Hungry? No problem, you are literally a few steps away from the Boardwalk where you can find any cuisine imaginable.

I hope this review will help anyone not sure of staying somewhere that's not "a huge commercial high-rise" as I was one of those "skeptical" of staying somewhere without a huge corporate brand name!!

Stop by and ask for Tammie-- SHE IS AWESOME and very helpful!!
Jill L.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times. The property manager is Tammmy who is absolutely wonderful. The property itself is clean, neat and reasonably priced. If you need anything at all Tammy and her staff will be more than happy to assist. The location is perfect right on Hollywoods beautiful boardwalk. This is the only place I will stay on the beach in Hollywood

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

It is a wonderful experience and grate rates as well. Best deal in town.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I have lived here for one month now and plan to stay for several more. I feel so at home with the surroundings and the staff. Tammie, the landlady is simply amazing. The groundskeeper, Richard is very friendly, helpful and efficient. The hotel / apartment is very clean, updated, nice and the other tenants are very quiet and respectful. I simply couldn’t have found a better place and it’s only steps from the edge of the ocean! I thought that the traffic and hustle from the boardwalk would be loud, but I was wrong. It’s very quiet and peaceful at home. I’m so glad that I found this place and I’m here to stay for a while! Check it out!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Windsor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Loved it here. The room was clean and comfortable. The location was excellent.
Very curtious and friendly staff. Enjoyed our stayed very much..
The rooms are a little older, but you can tell they were very clean and well maintained.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

The Charter House is a wonderful set of apartments located on a quiet street a few feet from the Hollywood Beach boardwalk. The hotel was extremely clean and rooms equipped with stove, oven, coffee maker, toaster, dishes, and refrigerator. Parking was free which is an added bonus when you go to the beach. The hotel itself was in very good condition. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to stay within walking distance to the beachfront. There are many restaurants to choose from along the boardwalk that are within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed at the Charter house for 10 nights for a great price. We booked for The Caroline Beach Motel but Tammie contacted us before we left the UK, that she had doubled booked us and she had moved us to the Charter House. We were a bit concerned as we couldnt find any pictures of the place or even locate it on google.Tammie assured us that we would be OK.
On arriving Tammie met us at the Caroline and directed us to the Charter House, it was raining and no where looks the same as it does when the sun is shining. It wasnt quite what we expected but after staying the first night we settled in and we were quite comfortable. The Charter House is basic in comparison to other places in Florida,but we have stayed in a lot more basic in Greece and Spain.
The Charter house was clean, the room was quite large with a double bed and 2 other beds for the kids.The bed linen could have been of a slightly better quality and should have matched for the whole room but it was clean.We could have done with a few extra pillows.There were plenty of towels and we just left them in a laundry basket to be washed as often as needed.We had a large fridge freezer with ample room for the many cold beers and drinks that are needed in the hot Florida sunshine.The only thing that we missed being from the UK was a decent kettle. The courtyard at the Charter house was well maintained,despite getting biten by mosquitos that goes with being in Florida. There was a large bar-b-que for all to use, many people did but we enjoyed going out to the nearby restaurants.
Charter house was just steps away from an amazing beach that was miles long and apart from independence weekend was pretty much empty in comparison to any beach that we have visited in Europe. There were restaurants a few bars and ice cream parlours which were generally all quite nice,fantastic meals in Nicks and the other restaurant that we would recommend would be Las Palmas that overlooked the inland canal.The outdoors theatre had some great music acts with people dancing on the promenade.
Staying at the Charter House and in Hollywood was a fairly good location for getting to many other places, we visited the Everglades, Fortlauderdale,and as for shopping we thought Aventura Mall was great as well as Sawgrass Mills.Bargains galore if you like Abercrombie, Ralph Lauren Hollister Tommy Hilfiger and many many more.
We had a great time at the Charter House, met some lovely people from all over Florida and then went on to the Keys.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family