“Great value and friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Richard's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Prices are for rooms, adults
Richard's Motel
Save Saved
You added Richard's Motel to your Saves list
1219 South Federal Highway, Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Miami
“Great value and friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Good value and very friendly staff. Location could be better but close enough to hollywood and Hallandale beaches. Good enough if you are on a tight budget. Rooms are on the smaller side but were clean... Again, this is a value place do don't expect great amenities but overall solid experience.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

i live in Hollywood- i wanted to surprise my house guest with his own room- as my house is too small for both of us-

i walked to Richards- and asked what they had- after telling them i had a coupon- which they told me to go get- i was told no coupons- fine- how about a AAA discount- yes-

then the rules were very rudely explained to me- if u r not the one in the room- u will be kicked out and we keep ur $- ok- no problem ' i'll stay in the damn room-

then i mentioned-mostly likely- in the day time- we will both be in and out of the room - briefly- i was told- ' then u will be asked to leave as we cant have all that traffic '

i UNDERSTAND that this area is full of hookers and drug addicts and homeless- and i did not look my absolute best when i showed up- but to treat me like i WAS one of the above- i finally said- ' this all sounds much to complicated- " and the rude girl promptly ripped up the slip and looked very satisfied that she did not rent a mid week room - to a local - who is actually looking for a place to house his house guests on a regular basis-

very rude- sorry- i think its a racial thing

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I loved it the service was great, It wasn't very expensive... My kids were very happy, you can always trust the staff to keep your room or house clean. Very quiet on the South I loved it, keep up the good work Richards Motel!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter and are next to the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for antiquated cramp rooms with staff that is either rude and belligerent or completely unable to speak clear english, this is your place. To the east there is a quaint neighborhood, but you happen to be on Federal Highway where if your vacation plans include crystal meth and hookers you've got the place. Lousy wifi, and rooms that just emanate despair.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I liked it. The room was very very clean and the personal stuff was very very nice and provided the best service. The area location not the best., but the low price was suited more to the location than to the service. Thank you guys!!! Keep up doing great job!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Maria N, Guest Relations Manager at Richard's Motel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the lovely review. We appreciate your comments. The area does provide a variety of services and things to do . There are casinos, restaurants, horse and dog tracks, beach a mile away, and the Hollywood circle that that can provide families with fun things to do, including movie night, and food truck night. They also have a sprinkler park for the kids. Next time your in town feel free to come see me, I'd love to assist you with your stay.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The location and place is nice, clean and quiet. However, I had issues with the staff and services provided. Service and Cleanliness - the property and the rooms were impeccable at check-in, but the staff refused to clean the room for the next 5 days alleging that I received a weekly rate and I was not entitled. I did not. I originally checked-in for 2 nights and received 1 night at a discounted rate with a coupon, and 1 night at the regular rate. Then, I extended my stay for 3 more nights and received 1 night at a discounted rate with a coupon, and 2 night at the regular rate. Yet, after explaining to this to the head cleaning lady, she still refused to clean the room. Too bad! Great place!

Room Tip: Service and Cleanliness - the property and the rooms were impeccable at check-in, but the staff refu...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I am so glad that you found our place is clean, quiet and comfortable . Its true we work very hard to provide our guest with a good clean room. During our summer months, the rates are very inexpensive .Unfortunately you did not your communicate concerns with our main office. Our staff is always ready to help you with any request . If you return please feel free to come to see me (Maria) i would be glad to assist personally.
bayonne, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

After passing this hotel many times over the years I decided to give it a try last week (with the help of TripAdvisor reviews). If you drive this section of Rte. 1 you'll pass many small motels just like it, but just on looks alone I'd pass on every one of them. This place from the street looks very appealing. I showed up without a reservation on a Friday (travelling solo) and all they had available was the "small room." Being it is a very unusual room (very narrow, with a bunk bed) they insisted I see it first before booking. The room was fine by me, and the price was very fine by me for the 3 nights I stayed. Even though it was very narrow there were two doors in the room, both opening to a small sitting area with 2 chairs and a table. I only used the room to sleep as I was out all day, so it more then served its purpose.

The room was bare bones. No phone, old style TV. Small freezer, I think there was a microwave, and a table clock. Tile floor kept the room looking clean. Powerful wall air conditioner. Seems a lot of Canadian folk stay here. Seems people stay for weeks, if not longer. There are at least 3 buildings in this complex, with a few pools of different sizes. Lots of nooks with tables and chairs for outdoor sitting. I think in order to get maid service to your room you must stay a week, being I was there 3 days I got none.

The girls at the front desk were friendly as was the one housekeeper I spoke to who showed me my room. There seems to be quite a few rules in force, the usual ones, and probably for the good. No loud music, public drinking (or at least keep it low). No guests, etc. They also strictly enforce the turn off lights, TV, A/C when not in room policy. People did sit out late at night around the pool area though, gave the place a nice atmosphere.

The only real negative is the neighborhood. Of course this is of no fault of the motel and they do everything possible to make your stay as safe and secure as possible. There are tall gates that connect the various sections of the motel giving you an added sense of security.

Check out the pictures on the motels web site, they'll give you a idea what to expect. All in all a good stop if you need a place when in Hollywood and you're thinking budget.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Richard's Motel? Share your experiences!