“Friendly and accommodating staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Richard's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Richard's Motel
You added Richard's Motel to your Saves list
1219 South Federal Highway, Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Friendly and accommodating staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This motel offers basic, clean rooms with a friendly, accommodating staff. This location is within walking distance to downtown (Young's Circle) Hollywood, restaurants and attractions; and it is just minutes from the beach, casinos, and I95. Some of the rooms have a full kitchen w/full size refrigerator and stove. All of the rooms have microwaves, coffee-makers and toasters. Across the street is a grocery store, drug store, and a specialty market that has all types of teas, wines and beers from around the world. The only problem is that no one is in the office prior to 8:00am.

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool have separate bedrooms; and the sound from the water cascading is calming.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bay Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

.Great location near the beach. The fish pond and realistic gators in the yard. Friendly staff. Walking distance to the beach, stores, and banks. A quiet neighborhood. Ocean access without a parking fee. Near I-75 and Miami.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Pattaya, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Simple & basic accommodation, cleaning done only once a week ! but towels replaced every day. Close to groceries and other services. Don't expect a 4 stars hotels, it's nothing but basic, extremely basic place to stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Richard C, Owner at Richard's Motel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thanks Daniel for your comments.
Next time you are in town, let me know if you need something more fancy and not so basic. I have a wide range of accommodations. I got nice condos, one & two bedrooms apartments available.

Let me know.

Hope to see you back soon.

Richard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is very clean. But I got inside the covers and got really really itchy. We were in the new building. They building across from the office is fabulous tho. I couldnt ask for nothing more for the value and location were excellent as well.

• Stayed April 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I loved the motel, the rooms were great and our porch overlooking the pool made it soo cozy!
Thanks to a friend that stayes here every time he visits south Florida we found this hidden pearl of accomodation.
We will be back!

Room Tip: Felt like staying another week, so make sure you have enough time to enjoy this place, the staff, th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Whidbey Island, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is very clean and reasonably priced. Usually that is enough for me to give an excellent as those are the two things I value most in a motel.

Their policies are annoying to say the least. There is no do not disturb sign to hang on the door. I thought this was strange, but perhaps my room was just missing it's sign or something. So I wrote on a piece of paper, "Please do not disturb" and hung that on my door nob. I needed rest because during this visit, I was in town working a temporary gig that had graveyard hours. The next morning, the office calls me at 9 AM informing me that guests are not allowed to hang do not disturb signs on their doors. It is the hotel policy to come in every day and clean and inspect the room. I asked them to please do it later in the day and explained that I worked late. The office agreed to have the cleaning crew come late however the next day, and every following day, housekeeping was waking me up between 9 and 10 AM.

So do not come here if you do not like being disturbed. They will come in to your room every day and clean it. They don't care if you want it clean or not. I had left a note for them to please not change the sheets. I had the bed made with my own since I am allergic to harsh detergents. They called me at work and informed me that they must change the sheets anyway. This was the second time they had entered my room that day. There is no explaining or reasoning with these people, they have their policies and they stick to them.

It's too bad because this place is excellently maintained and clean. Should have been an excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Schweinfurt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I read much positive reviews of this hotel and terefore I was driving late in the evening to this hotel.
They gave me a room fresh painted and after 1 Hour stay my eyes were burning.
The bathroom was dirty and the floor full of painting drops.
The refridgerator spilled water on the floor and was full of ice.
There was no hairdryer, no coffemaker, no showergel
I wold never recommend to stay in this hotel !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple