“Simple & basic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Richard's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Richard's Motel
1219 South Federal Highway, Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Ranked #29 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Pattaya, Thailand
“Simple & basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Simple & basic accommodation, cleaning done only once a week ! but towels replaced every day. Close to groceries and other services. Don't expect a 4 stars hotels, it's nothing but basic, extremely basic place to stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Richard C, Owner at Richard's Motel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thanks Daniel for your comments.
Next time you are in town, let me know if you need something more fancy and not so basic. I have a wide range of accommodations. I got nice condos, one & two bedrooms apartments available.

Let me know.

Hope to see you back soon.

Richard

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is very clean. But I got inside the covers and got really really itchy. We were in the new building. They building across from the office is fabulous tho. I couldnt ask for nothing more for the value and location were excellent as well.

• Stayed April 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I loved the motel, the rooms were great and our porch overlooking the pool made it soo cozy!
Thanks to a friend that stayes here every time he visits south Florida we found this hidden pearl of accomodation.
We will be back!

Room Tip: Felt like staying another week, so make sure you have enough time to enjoy this place, the staff, th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is very clean and reasonably priced. Usually that is enough for me to give an excellent as those are the two things I value most in a motel.

Their policies are annoying to say the least. There is no do not disturb sign to hang on the door. I thought this was strange, but perhaps my room was just missing it's sign or something. So I wrote on a piece of paper, "Please do not disturb" and hung that on my door nob. I needed rest because during this visit, I was in town working a temporary gig that had graveyard hours. The next morning, the office calls me at 9 AM informing me that guests are not allowed to hang do not disturb signs on their doors. It is the hotel policy to come in every day and clean and inspect the room. I asked them to please do it later in the day and explained that I worked late. The office agreed to have the cleaning crew come late however the next day, and every following day, housekeeping was waking me up between 9 and 10 AM.

So do not come here if you do not like being disturbed. They will come in to your room every day and clean it. They don't care if you want it clean or not. I had left a note for them to please not change the sheets. I had the bed made with my own since I am allergic to harsh detergents. They called me at work and informed me that they must change the sheets anyway. This was the second time they had entered my room that day. There is no explaining or reasoning with these people, they have their policies and they stick to them.

It's too bad because this place is excellently maintained and clean. Should have been an excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Schweinfurt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I read much positive reviews of this hotel and terefore I was driving late in the evening to this hotel.
They gave me a room fresh painted and after 1 Hour stay my eyes were burning.
The bathroom was dirty and the floor full of painting drops.
The refridgerator spilled water on the floor and was full of ice.
There was no hairdryer, no coffemaker, no showergel
I wold never recommend to stay in this hotel !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Me and my son was visiting about a week on this wonderful and charming motel. The people that worked there was so kind and nice that you hardly never come to the beach, because they was so nice to talk to. The rooms was very nice and to that price, it was excellent.
When i sat with the pool in the evenings and writing on my book and when i get coffee from the motel crew in the morning and once again sat there.
It was a small Shangri a la.
That was a both perfect start and finished of a day. The motel crew gave good advice about the area and all together, Hollywood and Richards Motel gave me and my son the most perfect vacation ever ! I really recommend this motel !!! Ronny Westerlund Sweden

Room Tip: I had two different rooms and i can just say that both was absolutely great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We checked-in to Richard's motel around 2pm.
We had not even unloaded our bags from the car when we realized that we had confused our flight itinerary and had to leave immediately.
We explained the situation to the motel owners (snobby French-speaking staff) and they refused to give us a refund.
We had been on their property for all of 20 minutes.
We had NOT even brought anything into our room or used it in any way and they still refused to give us our refund. They said we had to show proof of our changed itinerary.
When you are in a rush to catch a plane you don't have time for this kind of thing. We ended up just getting in the car and rushing to Orlando. This was a totally despicable approach. Enough that this is the first time I'm ever writing a review online I'm so furious. To think that I paid for a night in a hotel room that I barely even entered. Total cash grab on their part.
The place looked fine to stay for a night but based on their approach to our situation I'd discouraging endorsing a place that maintains this poor level of customer service. Will be our first and last trip to Richard's hotel.

Room Tip: Not available. They charged us for a room we didn't stay in.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Richard's Motel? Share your experiences!