“Great motel! Great owner ! Great staff !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Richard's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Richard's Motel
You added Richard's Motel to your Saves list
1219 South Federal Highway, Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Geveva
“Great motel! Great owner ! Great staff !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I spent 2 weeks at the Richard's Motel, all I have to say it was a wonderfull experience and the price was great. I will recommend it to everybody !
1 mile 1/2 from the beache, 5 minutes away from the young circle, restaurants, bars, and publix are very close by. The airport 10 min. Away

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Florida City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

....DO NOT book Richard's Hotel if you have children with you.....

Look, is it the Marriott? No. Was I expecting 250 count pillow covers and sleek, modern finishes in the bathroom? No. Was I expecting to have drug addled husks as neighbors for two weeks? Not really, but they were actually pretty nice guys. Was I expecting my first encounter with a prostitute to be with a scabby lady at Richard's Hotel as I smoked outside of my room? No but things happen and I laughed it off and moved on.

What I won't laugh off is how the proprietor acted on the second to last day of my stay, Thanksgiving. I wasn't sure if I was going to spend my last night at the hotel or at a friends. Had I stayed at my friends, I didn't want to have to drive all the way back to the hotel just to drop off the key. I wanted, however, to leave the option of staying at the hotel open. Easy solution, just kindly ask the man and his wife at the counter if I could leave the key with him and just pick it up later that night if I decided to spend the night there. They seemed nice enough.

Mind you, the place is 24/7. People check in at all hours. All he would have to do is hand me the key to the room i already paid for when I get there. He just said no. Period. End of story. No offer to explain something I might have been missing. Just a big no with a side of impatient huffing and eye rolling. He said that its was not a service he provided and if I left the key with him, he would check me out. What? The service of hanging the key on the board with the other keys? Really? How petty. I just gave him the key and left the office feeling more skeeved than I did after encountering the prostitute. Oh, and you guessed it. No refunds.

Honestly, the place was clean. Staff were very kind and friendly esp. the cleaning staff. I just feel bad that they have to work for a jerk.

Room Tip: DO NOT GO if you have children. You really should just avoid the neighborhood if you have kids. If y...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

i have been there for over 6 years now and i cannot find anything wrong with the place exept the internet speed.f you ask richard (the owner)he or his staff will bend over backwards to help you with anything.
exellent prices parking is clean yard is well kept . this is a great location 5 mins from beach and shopping

Room Tip: choose the condo side if you can its quieter but the pool side is nice , near the pool is nice but t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We got the last room available, a one bedroom with full kitchen. As a result, the clerk or owner gave it to us for less than the usual price, $57!

The bathroom was 90% clean and infested with ants. Even one of the towels had an ant crawling on it. The kitchen was clean though. The bathroom tub was upgraded. Everything else was 70's-80's vintage. The Pool looked nice. The grounds were taken care of. The a/c was over the bed and was so loud, I couldn't sleep. Won't stay there again, but a person who has a limited budget could make it work.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Avon, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Clean, comfortable and an excellent value for the money. I stayed in one of the studio apt. for one night(Only looking for a room but thats what they gave me). Nice people! Wanted to be close to the airport for an early morning flight.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Vallée du Richelieu, Québec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We will recommend Richard's motel for the quality of services. The staff are nice and pay attention to our needs.
Our room was nice and clean. Fabulous outdoor setting.The BBQ was at our disposal.
Bilingual or trilingual staff, French, English or Spanish.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sorel, Qc, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I was in South Florida for a few meetings and vacation. This is my third stay at this place.
I stayed in different condos 3 times. The place is really clean and well maintained. The owner is available and the staff very polite.
Located on US 1, it is close to everything. For the kind of money they are asking it is hard to beat.
I only have one little criticism, their internet connection sucks. If you are there for a long period and need to do some transaction on line, forget it. I am certain that the owner Richard will correct the problem.
I recommend this place with no hesitation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple