“Best Hotel Stay EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
South Boston, Virginia
“Best Hotel Stay EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My new husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon, and let me tell you - this place was AWESOME! It was absolutely perfect for our trip. From the time we checked in until we left, the owner, Karin, was always there to make sure we had everything we needed. We didn't check in until after 11 p.m. (we drove from VA), and she was so friendly when she met us to check us in, even though we got in so late. The next morning, she stopped by to see if we needed anything and make sure we had a good first night. From there until we left a week later, she was always checking on us! I've never had hospitality like that before! She would recommend places to eat or things to go do while we were there, and every place she recommended was a hit!

There's no other place in the area that I would ever consider staying at. The convenience of being able to walk to the beach a mere block away, or being able to walk to countless restaurants was really nice. Plus, Karin made us feel like we were visiting a relative with how hospitable she was!

Oh, and I should also mention that this place is absolutely adorable! I've been to plenty of beach areas in my life, and the Angelfish Inn took the beach feel and brought it into every room, outside and in. There's a weird amount of "nondescript" buildings in the area, but Angelfish Inn stands out in an amazing way.

If you're going to the Hollywood area (or even anywhere close), do yourself a favor and stay at the Angelfish Inn. You'll be glad you did!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Jessica and Josh it was awesome getting to know you guys and so glad you choose the Angelfish Inn for your Honeymoon. please come back soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I live in Holywood and we just wanted to get away for a couple of days, so I called Karin at the Angel fish inn.What was so amazing to me is remembered who I was from back in December when we had our wedding there.So we had a fabulous time it is so relaxing, the fish and turtle pond, the patio area with the grills, all thecomforts of home.All you need is food to cook she has everthing else. And the room was very clean.Thanks so much Karin you think of everything and you have a great place.

Room Tip: No special room they are all cheerful and clean
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I love repeat customers. So glad you choose to return. Hope to see you again soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great place to stay. The room was very clean and my stay felt very comfortable & safe. Short walk to the beach, tuns of activities, the boardwalk is always busy with people exercising, biking, jogging and ect. There's food all down the beach. Great place to spend the weekend, you don't need a car to go any place because its right there for you to enjoy. I will return.

• Stayed September 2013
karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Marisol so glad you finally got to stay with us. Looking forward to your return when in Hollywood again
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel and Karin- the owner - were amazing. We stayed for 10 days and do not regret it at all. 1/2 minute to the beach, clean, friendly cats, nice people, BBQ's grills in common areas, pet friendly, all the basics in the room (also for cooking)!

She keeps the place very well, has beautiful turtles and goldfish. She helped us find a notary to get married as well, and did everything to keep us happy, she even gave us a nicer room (alone, without dad) for our wedding night :)))

xoxo
Paola P.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
so happy you found us and the other property was full. I am also glad I was here to celebrate you wedding. Congrats, many years of happiness and lots of grandchildren
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

About two years ago my husband and I were looking for a relaxing yet affordable place to vacation so my mother and her girlfriends highly recommended the Angelfish Inn. We instantly fell in love with the place and Hollywood Beach!!!

My mom and I just came back from our second stay at the Angelfish Inn and still found it as charming as ever! Your room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Karin is just amazing and was always available. We would even text her and she was fast to response. I love the courtyard and turtle pond. The best part is that your only steps away from one of the most beautiful and relaxing beaches in south Florida. We didn't want to leave.

I can’t wait come back with my husband next month when we will be staying for 2 days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
thanks Michelle, cant wait for your return next month. i will order better weather for you
Ft. Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We've stayed in some crazy places around the world but American crazy is a bit different. We were worried we'd be stuck in a place with an awful bed and a terrible innkeeper.

Karen Valentine was amazing! Staying in contact and meeting us late, recommending a great place to eat in the middle of the night, and welcoming us back, we fell equally in love with Karen.

Our room was absolutely adorable (we got a free upgrade!) and spacious. And the bed? I haven't slept that well in a very long time.

Clean, roomy, comfy, I really wished we'd just stayed here our entire trip.

Patio area for relaxing, turtles and fish and lizards! I absolutely cannot wait to go back! The rates here are more than reasonable, but be sure to call Karen directly to book, and ask for a discount ;)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
thank you so much! it was a pleasure meeting you hopefully you will return again soon
small town in missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Karin the owner was absolutely the best! She did everything to make our stay enjoyable. I love the cottage feel to the Inn. Just a short walk to the beach. Had a lovely trip and could not have asked for more. Met people from around the world staying there. Stayed an extra day because we did not want to leave. Will never forget this trip!

Room Tip: Had room 16 it was like a small apartment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
thank you for your review. i was glad you were able to add an extra day. it makes us happy when our guests are happy

Been to Angelfish Inn? Share your experiences!