“BLAST FROM THE PAST” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Ketchikan
“BLAST FROM THE PAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed there pre cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We were there for 3 days and had the apartment the largest room available. total of 4 girls by the time the last one arrive the 3rd day. The accommodations are very retro which is was what I found appealing as well as clean, walking distance to anything you might need. Beach is few steps out the door and beach chairs available if you want them, Board walk and shops everything. Management was delightful and always on island time I might add. Very relaxed atmosphere. pet friendly. I hope to come back and stay for at least a month with my husband and pup to get out of this miserable Ketchikan Alaska weather next winter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Saint James City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed there to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary the end of January 2013. Upon arrival, we knew it would be a great place. The decor is definitely Florida all the way. :-) The rooms were extra clean and comfortable. We plan on returning later on this year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

It's not fancy, but it's lots of fun!
Right on the Broadwalk and close to everything.
The room was clean and comfortable and the property has a lot of charm.
Karin and Mary Lou couldn't have been nicer and when they say they love pets - they mean it!
I had a great time there and look forward to going back!

Room Tip: The one bedroom was very comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
North Woodstock, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

On January 23rd my wife and I rented Room # 7 at the Angelfish Inn in Hollywood Florida, I found this Inn online and we decided to make this lovely place our home for the week, we had a great time, and had everything we needed, the service was great, the rates can not be better, rooms are extra clean, we drove to Florida and stopped at a few other motels on the way and even in motel chaines are not as clean as the Angelfish Inn, the maid and the owner, Karin were just great people, the maintenance man is a awesome person to talk with, people I met at the Inn were very nice to talk to, very friendly place, everyone made us feel at home, we know from experience, we also own a motel in NH for 25 years and we also make everyone feel at home, motel work is not easy as people think and Karin knows what I'm talking about, great work Karin, we love your place and we will go back.
Four members of my family stayed at a beach front property and saw where we were staying and told me they would stay here next time, the place they stay at they couldn't sleep at night case of the noise and traffic alone the boardwalk, I would recommend the Angelfish to anyone who wants to spend quiet time and enjoy a great vacation in Hollywood Fl. Thank you to Karin and the staffs at the Angelfish Inn...
France and Dennis

Room Tip: Very clean rooms
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at Angelfish for a week in January with our two young kids. Angelfish is located on a quiet street that doesn't get a lot of car or street traffic, and it is literally steps from the wonderful Hollywood Broadwalk and beach.

Every morning my daughter and I walked over to the beach to watch the sun rise over the Atlantic, as we drank tea and milk in one of the many cafes lining the Broadwalk. Then we would walk to one of several beach-side playgrounds for some more early morning fun. All within a 2 minute walk of our room!

It is a small motel-like property, which means you won't get daily room service or other amenities of a large hotel. But the owner, Karin, was always around, extremely friendly, and very very responsive to our needs (and with young kids, we had a few). She could not have been more hospitable to us. Thank you!

There is a wonderful garden courtyard where we ate breakfast in the morning and watched the turtles and fish in the pond.

I feel like Angelfish offers a really great value for being a charming, clean, comfortable, homy place so close to the beach, with free parking and internet access. Before coming to Hollywood we thought not having a pool would be a downside, but you are literally just steps from warm ocean water (and the outdoor pools we saw at some of the other small area hotels weren't exactly attractive).....

We hope to stay here again in the future!

karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. It was great meeting your family. I was just tiling the other door frames and could have used my helper
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed one month in December/January and it was wonderful. Karen was great to work with. Our daughter Chloe, who was 11 months old, loved the fish/turtle pond and the cats. The location was great as it was close to the Hollywood stage but set back enough so that it was always peaceful and quiet. It is also close to 2 playgrounds if you have kids. My husband has allergies so we always have trouble finding a place to stay with good clean air, but everything was clean and there was no carpet, so he had no trouble. We didn't want to leave. We will definitly be back! Thanks for everything Karen!

karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. It was fun having you and chloe is the most beautiful baby ever. Don't tell my other guests. Oops I just did
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honey moon after getting married on the beach.I must say for a quite laid back place it was perfect.our room was very clean, and Karin helped with so much.We will be back for our first year anniversary. So if any one is looking to get married on Hollywood beach you need to look Karin up she will make it happen. The court yard has Gold fish and turtles it was very relaxing and enjoyable.Thanks Karin you are the best keep up the good work.

M&M

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Angelfish Inn? Share your experiences!