“loved the place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Whidbey Island, Washington
“loved the place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The owner was very nice to us upon arrival and made sure we had everyting we needed. I was surprised at the size of the room, it was more like an apartment. The kitchen was fully stocked with every possible appliance you could need. The place was decorated nicely. Great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nites at Angelfish right after hurricane Sandy left. Innkeeper Karen was great. Loved the room decor (#9) and the Inn's proximity to the beach. Everything was sparkling clean. The room was small but the kitchen, although tiny, was well designed (and thankfully, curtained off from the living-sleeping area so you don't see the kitchen appliances etc. from your bed). Bed and beddings were good, slept well. No complaints, except for the daily flooding in the streets (Sandy's after-effects?).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I picked the Angelfish Inn because it was recommended by a friend several years ago. I've stayed there on 4 different times. Each time was better than the last.The owner is always helpful and goes out of her way to assist my many needs. I liked the grills outside and the remodeled kitchens. I always enjoy the quaintness, comfortable feeling I get when I'm there. When I wasn't working I was so close to the beach and all the amenities that the Boardwalk has to offer ex:music at the Bandshell,shops,restaurants , fun hot spots.

Room Tip: I've stayed in 4 different rooms and enjoyed them all, When I have my kids I use the 1 bedroom a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I were exploring the Florida everglades. She drove as I read aloud hotel and restaurant reviews at random from my Iphone. After she listened to all 67 reviews of the Angelfish Inn, she headed the car toward Hollywood. Upon arriving, the office was closed - I called the phone number on the office door. Karen, the owner, answered - she was actually in North Carolina. She called her husband who was 5 blocks away, to go over and check us in. An hour later she called me to make sure we were settled in OK. A personal touch!
This is an "older property" The only things in the room that reminded me of 2012 were the flat screen TV and remote control, a queen size bed (with a good mattress), and a modern coffee maker in the kitchenette. I liked the Angelfish Inn for the same reason that I would enjoy driving across Arizona on Route 66 . . .Nostalgia.
The room was very clean and well decorated in an ocean and beach motif. My wife remarked that she would like to have Karen decorate our winter home in Fort Myers. Outside our room was the cutest courtyard with tables and chairs for outside lounging and eating. Its focal point is a large pond with goldfish and turtles to watch.
This was not an expensive room in comparison to the other hotels in the area. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carapichaima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm a professional boxer who travels to Ft. Lauderdale ever so often to prepare for competition. In 2009 my coach introduced me to Karin Valentine and suggested that I stay at the Angelfish Inn (AFI). I did. Since then, I have stayed at what I call my home away from home about 12 plus times. From the 11 rooms, I’ve stayed in 9 of them!! Throughout the past 3 years, I have seen constant upgrade and improvement in the rooms. Just when you think it can't get any better, it does. The rooms are equipped with all that you need. And if there is something else that you require, the owner is always just a phone call away, that is if she isn't around the motel cleaning up, greeting guests or just simply making sure everyone is satisfied. Even when I'm not on training camp, I stay at AFI during my vacation trips. The environment is very friendly yet you have full privacy. With the beach just a minute away, you can "live it up" or you can relax and rest quietly at the motel. There are washers and dryers at the motel too! Training twice a day, 5-6 days a week, well you can imagine just how convenient that is for me!! And to top it off, I've always felt safe at the Angelfish Inn. During my most recent stay, (September 2012), I invited a few friends over. They all loved the place, commenting on the cheery but not loud room colours, the paintings hanging on the walls to the fact that I seemed completely at home . I’d recommend Angelfish Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great but I loved rooms 6, 13 and 14. 6 and 13 both have the bedroom separate and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Have known owner for over 6 yrs.

Son stayed here for over a yr.

We have stayed at Angelfish inn several times and it gets better every time we stayed.

High speed is superb at 2 mb/per sec plus.

Over 200 hundred tv channels.

Only several hundred feet from the beach and broadwalk (board walk)

Close to shopping, restaurants, groceries, etc.

We will go back often.

Larry and Rosemary

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

At PISSED OFF.... I have spent 2-3 weeks at the Angelfish Inn the past two Summers and not only had a wonderful time with my family, but also had a VERY pleasant experience with the proprietors.
They did make it VERY clear when I booked quite a bit in advance both years over the phone that the $100 is a NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT.

When you get the benefits of a small, quaint beach hotel feel, I guess understanding the amount of rooms to rent out during season that large chains like the Marriott & the Hilton have just aren't as available- due to the fact that your a cute, small, quaint hotel with a personal feel.

I look forward to visiting Angelfish again!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Angelfish Inn? Share your experiences!