“Met my expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Toronto, Canada
“Met my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nites at Angelfish right after hurricane Sandy left. Innkeeper Karen was great. Loved the room decor (#9) and the Inn's proximity to the beach. Everything was sparkling clean. The room was small but the kitchen, although tiny, was well designed (and thankfully, curtained off from the living-sleeping area so you don't see the kitchen appliances etc. from your bed). Bed and beddings were good, slept well. No complaints, except for the daily flooding in the streets (Sandy's after-effects?).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I picked the Angelfish Inn because it was recommended by a friend several years ago. I've stayed there on 4 different times. Each time was better than the last.The owner is always helpful and goes out of her way to assist my many needs. I liked the grills outside and the remodeled kitchens. I always enjoy the quaintness, comfortable feeling I get when I'm there. When I wasn't working I was so close to the beach and all the amenities that the Boardwalk has to offer ex:music at the Bandshell,shops,restaurants , fun hot spots.

Room Tip: I've stayed in 4 different rooms and enjoyed them all, When I have my kids I use the 1 bedroom a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I were exploring the Florida everglades. She drove as I read aloud hotel and restaurant reviews at random from my Iphone. After she listened to all 67 reviews of the Angelfish Inn, she headed the car toward Hollywood. Upon arriving, the office was closed - I called the phone number on the office door. Karen, the owner, answered - she was actually in North Carolina. She called her husband who was 5 blocks away, to go over and check us in. An hour later she called me to make sure we were settled in OK. A personal touch!
This is an "older property" The only things in the room that reminded me of 2012 were the flat screen TV and remote control, a queen size bed (with a good mattress), and a modern coffee maker in the kitchenette. I liked the Angelfish Inn for the same reason that I would enjoy driving across Arizona on Route 66 . . .Nostalgia.
The room was very clean and well decorated in an ocean and beach motif. My wife remarked that she would like to have Karen decorate our winter home in Fort Myers. Outside our room was the cutest courtyard with tables and chairs for outside lounging and eating. Its focal point is a large pond with goldfish and turtles to watch.
This was not an expensive room in comparison to the other hotels in the area. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carapichaima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm a professional boxer who travels to Ft. Lauderdale ever so often to prepare for competition. In 2009 my coach introduced me to Karin Valentine and suggested that I stay at the Angelfish Inn (AFI). I did. Since then, I have stayed at what I call my home away from home about 12 plus times. From the 11 rooms, I’ve stayed in 9 of them!! Throughout the past 3 years, I have seen constant upgrade and improvement in the rooms. Just when you think it can't get any better, it does. The rooms are equipped with all that you need. And if there is something else that you require, the owner is always just a phone call away, that is if she isn't around the motel cleaning up, greeting guests or just simply making sure everyone is satisfied. Even when I'm not on training camp, I stay at AFI during my vacation trips. The environment is very friendly yet you have full privacy. With the beach just a minute away, you can "live it up" or you can relax and rest quietly at the motel. There are washers and dryers at the motel too! Training twice a day, 5-6 days a week, well you can imagine just how convenient that is for me!! And to top it off, I've always felt safe at the Angelfish Inn. During my most recent stay, (September 2012), I invited a few friends over. They all loved the place, commenting on the cheery but not loud room colours, the paintings hanging on the walls to the fact that I seemed completely at home . I’d recommend Angelfish Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great but I loved rooms 6, 13 and 14. 6 and 13 both have the bedroom separate and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Have known owner for over 6 yrs.

Son stayed here for over a yr.

We have stayed at Angelfish inn several times and it gets better every time we stayed.

High speed is superb at 2 mb/per sec plus.

Over 200 hundred tv channels.

Only several hundred feet from the beach and broadwalk (board walk)

Close to shopping, restaurants, groceries, etc.

We will go back often.

Larry and Rosemary

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

At PISSED OFF.... I have spent 2-3 weeks at the Angelfish Inn the past two Summers and not only had a wonderful time with my family, but also had a VERY pleasant experience with the proprietors.
They did make it VERY clear when I booked quite a bit in advance both years over the phone that the $100 is a NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT.

When you get the benefits of a small, quaint beach hotel feel, I guess understanding the amount of rooms to rent out during season that large chains like the Marriott & the Hilton have just aren't as available- due to the fact that your a cute, small, quaint hotel with a personal feel.

I look forward to visiting Angelfish again!

• Stayed July 2012
New Castle, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Booked a room here after reading some interesting reviews in here. Stayed only one night after our family went on a 4-day cruise, and simply wanted a place close to the beach that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Pro's: Nice person runs the place that is a time warp back to the 1950s (give or take a decade). There is a fridge, older gas stove and microwave in addition to some other perks in the small kitchen. Our room had been painted I'd say within the past few years with beach-related framed pics hanging all about along with extra bedding and beach towels provided. Con's: limited parking spaces outside and outdated plumbing, rusty door frame and baby cock roach in tub inside. The toilet seat hinge was broken on one side, the tub drain plug was missing, but worst of all was a very noisy window air conditioner over the master bed that made it nearly impossible to sleep well. Our daughter was going to sleep on the trundle bed under the twin bed our granddaughter was sleeping on, but she said the mattress was not in good enough quality to do so. There is no pool or similar amenities at this motel. As other reviewers have shared, if expecting a modern chain hotel with lavish appurtenances, do not stay at the Angelfish. If you are fine with a quaint charm, older facilities and furniture, an outside cement "pond" with fish and kitty cats roaming about and an owner who gives personal attention to her guests, then it may be worthy of your consideration. Being only a block from the beach and beautiful Hollywood boardwalk is another plus worthy of consideration. Do some research before booking this or any hotel in this beach area as there is a wide range of options and costs for one to weigh.

Room Tip: Ask to see a few rooms before committing. Each room is different in their size, sleeping accommodati...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for posting your review. We have corrected a few of the issues mentioned and have moved the other items to the top our list. We appreciate guests taking the time to point out all the good our property has to offer and to include ways we can improve

Been to Angelfish Inn? Share your experiences!