“100 steps from the clean sandy beach, beautiful, friendly, and relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Inn

Save Saved
You added Ocean Inn to your Saves list
Ocean Inn
3405 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #8 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Fort Collins, Colorado
“100 steps from the clean sandy beach, beautiful, friendly, and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Literally 100 steps to the nicest, most beautiful beach. OIL FREE too! Clean sand, shallow blue waters. and brown pelicans flying by and fishing too.The beach and neighborhood is quite, and very uncrowded. The motel is beautifully landscaped, and has several secluded nooks and a big group table in the courtyard. You get to walk out of the motel daily over fresh fallen blossoms, or collect a few for your room as I did. There is a light breakfast available every morning with muffins they baked moments ago and really good coffee. The staff and owners are all friendly and happy to be there, and I never saw Phillip without a huge smile on his face and a offer to help with something. The rooms are great too. Lots of room and storage, clean, well decorated, A/C and fans, free wi-fi, and comfortable beds. I'm over 6'2'' tall and I loved my shower! I've had to shower on my knees at rooms I paid over twice what I paid here, and I had no problems at all here. I also had a fully furnished kitchen in my room, but I didn't use it as much as I thought I would because of the wonderful food all around there. I especially loved all the food at "OceansEleven at the Beach". It was only 3 blocks (at 2 houses per block) away along the beach and broadwalk to the south. Tell them all that Chris, Laura and Alex say hi.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The staff was very very nice and helpfull! The garden is lovely and only 1 minute from the beach! Rooms are great everything you need. The whole place has a tropical atmosphere!
Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I always stay at Ocean Inn when in the Hollywood area as they are one of only 2 pet friendly lodging establishments on the beach. It is my home away from home.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Loved the charming atmosphere, great staff and proximity to the cruise port. The only thing I wished for was a fan over the big table in the court yard. Otherwise, it was absolutely lovely.

• Stayed June 2010
Clearwater, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

The owners are extremely nice and really go above and beyond in the customer service department! The room was clean and comfortable but it was definately old Florida and had a wall unit air conditioner, no overhead fan & the room never got cooled off. If you want a nice, reasonably priced place close to the beach with no frills it is great! If you want modern, up to date, luxurious this is not the place for you!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

This is our first time to stay in a non chain of hotels and we were worried at first that it might be a disappointment. We booked it anyway because of the excellent reviews. When we got there we found the reviews were all true. The Inn was like home away from home. The beach was really a few steps away and located at the far end of the broadwalk which was more private and a bit away from all the activities but still a walking distance from it. The beach was not crowded and clean... NO OIL SPILL.
The staff was accommodating and friendly. They had free breakfast and we loved the muffins. The courtyard's a relaxing place to be when you come back tired and hot. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Yes, the reviews were right. This place was charming and relaxing. It is located literally steps from the beach. The breakfast in the garden was quite nice. The room was very clean and the tropical decor quite inspiring. Our room was very quiet, I never heard my neighbors, even though I knew every room in the place was occupied. The only drawback is that it didn't have a pool. But altogether it was definitely a good value. We had a very nice time at the ocean inn, and hope to make it there again soon!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Inn? Share your experiences!