“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Sun City, AZ
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

What a charming place to stay! The grounds are lovely, the rooms are funky and fun and the staff is wonderful. One minute walk to the beach and the broadwalk. There are places to eat within a nice walking distance. We loved our stay and hope to return! Hollywood Beach is beautiful!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Bergen County, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

My wife and I went for a family event for the weekend and booked our room based on reviews we read on this site. We were initially disappointed with the dated conditions of the rooms. Without central a/c, the cycling of the room air conditioners kept us up half the night. But we spoke with management and they did everything possible to accommodate us - and did so gracefully. We were upgraded to a suite and found it much more amenable. I can't speak highly enough about the service. Our recommendation: book the best room available - it's a class above the standard and well worth it.
One more point: Hollywood is no South Beach so rent a car.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I chose this location based on the excellent reviews it had received. I was a bit skeptical since the reviews were all glowing. The reviews were right. Totally relaxing, 200 to 300 feet from the beach, a great layout of the rooms all leading to a great courtyard with numerous nooks and crannies for seclusion. You even have a hammock to use if so inclined. The breakfast was your normal cereal and coffeee an juice, but was highlighted by fresh muffins each morning. I personally enjoyed each morning with the peace and quiet, a cup of coffee and the breakfast. The location was small, but the room we had was great for the 3 of us. The Hollywood board walk had many cafe style places to eat and your usual shops selling the normal things. I found the area to be very safe with a small town feel. I have reccommended this location to friends and hope to return in the near future.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I had a great time here, they made me feel very welcome and at home. They have a public computer if you don't have one to use and free wi/fi.The room & bathroom was very clean with a comfy bed. Did not have a problem wth any of the appliances's.The outside area was a nice garden to relax and chat in. Excellent location, the beach is 2 min away with plenty of parking. I would come back again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Stafford, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

Lovely garden. Made my puppy feel welcome. Spotlessly neat and clean.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

We booked one night at this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and it wasn't exactly what we had expected although perhaps it should have been. First the good news. The hotel is certainly small and cozy. The rooms surround a small but pretty courtyard with tables, chairs and lounge chairs. There is free wireless internet, although I didn't use it so I don't know how well it worked. There is also a computer in the lobby for guest use. There is free parking which is a big deal in this part of town, where most hotels charge for parking. The continental breakfast was nice, although nothing special. The hotel is located close to the Hollywood boardwalk, which is very cool and reminded me of Venice beach in California without the body builders. The Boardwalk was certainly a highlight and makes this part of Miami an interesting place to stay.

However, the hotel is located directly on AIA, a very busy and very noisy road. There is heavy traffic noise from early morning until late into the night and because the rooms are not well insulated, the noise is very intrusive. Also, cars from this hotel and others are parked very close to the rooms, so you will hear doors slamming, people talking and horns "pipping" as cars are locked at just about any time of the day or night. The rooms are small with low ceilings. The walls are painted concrete block and are painted with dark purple and red paint which makes the rooms seem even smaller. The rooms have small window air conditioners set into the wall and THEY are very noisy also. In April, we didn't need the A/C but in the summer you will need it running all night. Sleep well ! The fixtures are old and worn and although functional, they are certainly in need of replacement. The bathroom is very small with the paint peeling off the walls and in our bathroom there was a crack in the concrete floor. Because the hotel is essentially surrounded by parking lots on three sides and AIA on the other, none of the rooms have any kind of a view.

Having lived on Miami Beach in 1980, this hotel is exactly how I remember the cheaper hotels from that era - in need of renovation but really not worth upgrading. For one night, it was OK, but I wouldn't have stayed for a second night and I wouldn't stay there again. The price was right and the hotel staff were very nice,, but I'm afraid that just can't make up for old, worn out accomodation. and rooms which just don't meet todays expectations for a basic hotel room - or at least not my expectations.

Stuart, Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

This small, but charming, in an Old Florida way, inn is perfectly located, just a few steps from the wonderful boardwalk and beach. It had a warm, family feel, and you felt cared for.
The staff was wonderful, so warm, friendly and helpful. I needed to transact some business while there, and Scott, the owner, with Felipe's assistance, handled everything efficiently.
Ada, who sets up breakfast some mornings, knew we had an early business appointment, she prepared everything early just for my daughter and myself. The juice was fresh, as were the freshly baked muffins, and good coffee too!
Our room was perfectly comfortable, and in the closet was a coffee maker, refrig. and microwave - a little kitchenette. Very convenient.
On the boardwalk, there were many restaurants, shops, and the Band Shell provides entertainment on weekend nights.
I heartily recommend the Ocean Inn to anyone needing to stay in the Hollywood area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ocean Inn? Share your experiences!