“Just what I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Greenfield, Indiana
“Just what I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had read several very positive reviews of this property. To my delight I discovered that they were all true. This is a quaint one story retro-hotel that exudes hospitality. The rooms are nice with adequate space. They are clean and well cared for. The bed was comfortable. The clientele seems to all be very friendly. Its a very good deal for the money. We will definitely stay there again next year. The only small drawback is that it is at one end of the broadwalk so you have to walk over a mile to get to the restaurants on the beach. My wife and I actually were glad of this because it got us exercising again. The people that work at the hotel are the most helpful I have ever experienced.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

wow!!! This hotel is super convenient with so good staff!!! I loved this hotel.
I have lived in many hotels around the world and know already what i wanna see in hotel. So I really can say I found everything in this hotel what I was looking for.
Very clean, quiet and most importantly just few steps from the beach.
Of course Ocean Inn is oriented for family and couples. But if u are alone like me but looking for a relax, this hotel is perfect for you

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is an affordable cool little hotel.! It's small and quiet, great courtyard, very cozy, the staff goes over and above. Wifi was weak inside room, breakfast was a little light and they need a large ice machine in the hall but, other than that, a really great place! Clean room, comfy, 2 minute to boardwalk. Would stay again for sure!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Looking for the perfect spot to stay and bring along your furry one. This place cannot be compared, the rooms are great, comfortable, extra clean, and over everything else very friendly. We only stayed one night but wishing it would be more. This will be my go to place in Ft. Lauderdale hands down. See for yourself and I guarantee your review will be even better. 2 thumbs up from me and my wife and 2 paws up from our little one.

• Stayed January 2014
Ball Ground, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed with them for a long term work assignement and it was a wonderful place for my temporary home! The court yard was adorable and welcoming, the room was perfect for me and my dog (who loved the dog treats he got from everyone there)! Also just a stone throw from the beach! Thank you Philip and Joe!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is not our first trip to Hollywood - we have stayed in different Inns, but we had a best stay at the Ocean Inn. The staff members are super nice and very easy to deal with. They would do anything to make you stay njoyable and memorable. ( e.x. we came around 7.oo pm and found freshly baked complimentary cookies in our room with a welcoming note)
They do have a very nice courtyard where you can seat and enjoy the evening with the glass of wine or beer.
The room was clean and well equipped so we had everything we need for our stay.

Room Tip: stayed in room 14 and very liked it
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I just stayed for 3 nights for the second time. I have an annual convention in Ft Lauderdale and don't particularly care for the big hotels. This place is about a 20 minute drive south of the convention center and the main Ft Lauderdale beach strip.
It was quite cold in South Florida during my stay (by a Floridian's standards) and they do not have heat. But they had 2 warm blankets and having stayed there last January, I brought warm clothes so I was fine.
This place is similar to many high rated places on Trip Advisors -- it is not luxurious, it won't stay in your memories as wonderful, but it is a good solid value. It is one of the last small motels on the oceanside of Ocean Drive in that area. They have kept the place up and have several charming extras that show this place is well cared for. It is clean and honestly represented on their website. Both years I booked a queen studio and it is spacious. I have slept on a waterbed for many years so I really have trouble sleeping in hard beds. This one was as good as it gets away from home. Even the pillow was great. The shower was hot with good pressure.The kitchen (with full size fridge) is well stocked. One odd thing is the microwave is on top of the refrigerator so I had to stand on a chair to use it. They did have a sturdy chair right next to the fridge for my use. I was on the second floor and enjoyed my semi- private balcony - well actually private since the one other room seemed unoccupied.
My only problem occurred last year. I had reserved online and then called them because one of my knees had been bothering me and requested a ground floor room. He said that would be fine. When January arrived my knee had gotten worse so I was glad I had called and wouldn't have to unload and carry everything up the stairs to the second floor. I arrived late and we had prearranged that they had taped an envelope to the office door for me. Sure enough they gave me the second floor and I had to haul all my convention stuff up the stairs. So if you can't climb stairs, you need to tell them more clearly then I guess I did that you must have a ground level room. Both years I never did see any staff as I left early and got back late.

All in all I will probably return again next year. They do have construction going on next door. The workers arrived around 7:30 or so but they were quiet both mornings at least until 8 when I left for the show.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business