“"Wonderful small hotel"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Santa Rosa, California
“"Wonderful small hotel"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We loved the Ocean Inn, our room was nicely furnished and very clean, they have a lovely courtyard with plenty of tables and chairs and even a hammock and beautiful plants, the staff is super friendly and helpful. All this just a short walk from the beach and Hollywood broadwalk. We were sorry to leave this oasis!

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This place was great. If you're looking for luxury, and extreme pampering... This place isn't for you. However, if you're down to earth and want a cute place to stay near the beach, cozy and clean then you are at the right place. Just about 50 ft from Hollywood boardwalk, and walking distance to the beach this place is awesome. You can walk to dinner, grab a drink, or have an ice cream near by. They serve simple breakfasts including yummy homemade muffins. The caretakers are sweet and friendly. True diamond here... Would totally recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013
Miami, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were at the Ocean Inn this past weekend (08/31-09/02) and we must say the only problem was not finding about this place sooner. This is a great laid back place for families! It is very clean and the service is superb. We rented two separate rooms and to our surprise everything is provided for the kitchen (utensils, pots and pans, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, you name it). Also the guys at the front desk (sorry, I am terrible with names) are awesome and they will explain everything to you in detail, give suggestions and no [--] whatsoever. There is an interior patio with a barbecue and even a hammock where you can kick back and relax. And the best part... it is so close to the beach you could not believe it. I would highly recommend this place and the great people that work there. Oh, and it is also a pet friendly place! Reviewers: Yaday Cabrera and Pedro Mendoza

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I fell in love with the home-away-from-home feel of the Ocean Inn. Philip was a delight. He baked us chocolate chip and banana walnut muffins and let us borrow beach towels and chairs to enjoy the day at the beach. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. Our only regret was not buying food to grill on the barbecue, but there's always next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

With a small courtyard including a grill, hammock, and plenty of seating and shade, this hotel exceeded all expextations. A short walk to the beach and you can borrow chairs, umbrellas or boogie boards for the kids. The rooms were impeccable. Plenty of room to move around and relax with a kitchenette and dining area. Also PETS WELCOME and INVITED!! My family loved the convenience of the location with a grocery store right around the corner. It was just great all around. Cant say enough good things about this beautiful hideaway. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Frederick, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I hesitate to write this as I'd rather keep it all to myself, but, since the Ocean Inn has truly left a lasting impression, I submit the following review:

I simply love this place. I serendipitously stumbled across the Ocean Inn three years ago while planning a solo business trip to Hollywood, FL. I was planning to stay at the Westin Diplomat for four days but wanted something a little more down-to-earth for a few days to myself. Perusing the web, I found the Ocean Inn. From the site, it looked to have everything I could ask for and more, and the prices were reasonable. I picked up the phone hoping to chat with someone who could give me a better idea of the area and the hotel itself.

Well, that someone was none other than Mr. Phillip Friday, innkeeper extraordinaire. I say this with thirty years of sales & hospitality experience under my belt and a stickler for customer service, this guy's got it figured out. In one phone call, he made my reservation, allayed my concerns of being a solo traveler, and assured me that I'd absolutely love it here.

Well, I most certainly did. Phillip followed through on his promises on that first visit, even down to getting a call in the middle of the night when I'd left my key in the room. The service and hospitality truly can't be beat. With clean, fun, comfortable rooms, coffee and continental breakfast each morning, the most fabulous hammock and a perfectly manicured tropical garden, what more could you ask for? A bonus, Pilar, the housekeeper is warm & friendly and does a great job. I've been back twice since and brought my significant other who felt equally at home.

You want valet parking, shoe shines, room service & dry cleaning? Head down the street & leave space for me. You want real people and a beautiful, down to earth but accommodating piece of paradise? Visit the Ocean Inn. You'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed for a night with our circumstances NO AC at our rental, Phillip was extremely accommodating. We live in Hollywood and I felt like I was in the Carribbean with the ambiance and character of the place, I would recommend this lovely little piece of Paradise to anyone visiting the Hollywood area.
Thank you so much for your kindness and great personal service.

Room Tip: Room 19 has an efficiency kitchen with stove and medium refrigerator also a huge bathroom and great...