“We loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Miami, Florida
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I fell in love with the home-away-from-home feel of the Ocean Inn. Philip was a delight. He baked us chocolate chip and banana walnut muffins and let us borrow beach towels and chairs to enjoy the day at the beach. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. Our only regret was not buying food to grill on the barbecue, but there's always next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

With a small courtyard including a grill, hammock, and plenty of seating and shade, this hotel exceeded all expextations. A short walk to the beach and you can borrow chairs, umbrellas or boogie boards for the kids. The rooms were impeccable. Plenty of room to move around and relax with a kitchenette and dining area. Also PETS WELCOME and INVITED!! My family loved the convenience of the location with a grocery store right around the corner. It was just great all around. Cant say enough good things about this beautiful hideaway. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Frederick, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I hesitate to write this as I'd rather keep it all to myself, but, since the Ocean Inn has truly left a lasting impression, I submit the following review:

I simply love this place. I serendipitously stumbled across the Ocean Inn three years ago while planning a solo business trip to Hollywood, FL. I was planning to stay at the Westin Diplomat for four days but wanted something a little more down-to-earth for a few days to myself. Perusing the web, I found the Ocean Inn. From the site, it looked to have everything I could ask for and more, and the prices were reasonable. I picked up the phone hoping to chat with someone who could give me a better idea of the area and the hotel itself.

Well, that someone was none other than Mr. Phillip Friday, innkeeper extraordinaire. I say this with thirty years of sales & hospitality experience under my belt and a stickler for customer service, this guy's got it figured out. In one phone call, he made my reservation, allayed my concerns of being a solo traveler, and assured me that I'd absolutely love it here.

Well, I most certainly did. Phillip followed through on his promises on that first visit, even down to getting a call in the middle of the night when I'd left my key in the room. The service and hospitality truly can't be beat. With clean, fun, comfortable rooms, coffee and continental breakfast each morning, the most fabulous hammock and a perfectly manicured tropical garden, what more could you ask for? A bonus, Pilar, the housekeeper is warm & friendly and does a great job. I've been back twice since and brought my significant other who felt equally at home.

You want valet parking, shoe shines, room service & dry cleaning? Head down the street & leave space for me. You want real people and a beautiful, down to earth but accommodating piece of paradise? Visit the Ocean Inn. You'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed for a night with our circumstances NO AC at our rental, Phillip was extremely accommodating. We live in Hollywood and I felt like I was in the Carribbean with the ambiance and character of the place, I would recommend this lovely little piece of Paradise to anyone visiting the Hollywood area.
Thank you so much for your kindness and great personal service.

Room Tip: Room 19 has an efficiency kitchen with stove and medium refrigerator also a huge bathroom and great...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a very small hotel that exudes old Florida. Rooms are on the small side and there is nothing luxurious about the place. On the other hand, it is only one minute from the beach and management provides beach chairs and umbrellas. The hotel is very clean. Breakfast is about what I would have at home - coffee, juice and cereal. The bathrooms are original, and the wiring needs to be updated. The staff is very nice, and helpful. Parking can be a problem. The beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you are looking for updated modern facilities this is not your place, what you get here is a typical Florida independent small lodge. And,this is what I was looking for since I spent most of the year traveling on business staying at the major hotel chains.

The location is great, steps to the beach and the staff is very accommodating and friendly. They offer beach towels at the office and in the morning they have good coffee, fresh muffins and fruits. The rooms are clean and the hotel is cleaned every morning, windows, walls, tables, etc...

The courtyard is well maintained, there is a grill, tables, hammock and nice place to sit in among the palm trees and plants. Joe at the front desk was very professional and helpful. The front office staff even went out of their way to accommodate my in-laws when it was time to move to a larger room (upgrade) that she had booked but she had lost her receipt and the staff who handled the booking didn't put it in the system. However, they honored the room upgrade she had booked and made some loyal customers for life. They're also pet friendly and a quiet hotel. Definitely going back every year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
lakeland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

First time booking a place in Hollywood Florida. Went with Tripadvisor ratings and I was not disappointed. I spent a week and have no complaints. (Well, in a perfect world there would be no smoking but I noticed most of the great little places down there allow smoking in the common areas.) Staff super friendly and helpful. The rooms were VERY clean! It is a great and safe location. The premises is well kept and quaint. My stay was excellent and I will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ocean Inn? Share your experiences!