“I made the right choice when I booked the Ocean Inn!” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Inn
3405 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
lakeland
“I made the right choice when I booked the Ocean Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

First time booking a place in Hollywood Florida. Went with Tripadvisor ratings and I was not disappointed. I spent a week and have no complaints. (Well, in a perfect world there would be no smoking but I noticed most of the great little places down there allow smoking in the common areas.) Staff super friendly and helpful. The rooms were VERY clean! It is a great and safe location. The premises is well kept and quaint. My stay was excellent and I will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ocean Inn is a beautifully landscaped and pretty and cozy Inn just feet from the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. They are always friendly and helpful, there are fresh baked muffins and real coffee every morning, and fresh flower blossoms abound. The rooms are well equipped and pretty. An extra plus for my tall family (6' and 6'2") is that even the shower heads are comfortable.

Room Tip: We love the queen efficiencies for room my family to spread out
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a nice clean place and just steps from the beach. The staff was friendly, helpful and easy to deal with. The rooms where spacious all had a small refrigerator in them. All in all I give this place a 8 out of 10 rating.

oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

If location is all you need this is a good place. A block away from all the action of Hollywood beach board walk. We stayed in room #22 the first night. The air conditioner only worked on high speed, which was a loud obnoxious noise so we slept very little. We got in late the second night to find termites crawling all over the sheets of the futon bed, luggage and surrounding area. Housekeeping came in and explained that they have had trouble with this before and apologized. We switched rooms and they provided a glass of wine and a couple of candy bars for the inconvenience. We checked out the next morning. On check-out there was no apology given for the situation we had to deal with. In fact, after 2 conference calls with Travelocity, Ocean Inn and myself, they even refused to refund us for the third night we did not stay for. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Veronika A, Owner at Ocean Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Slickdogoregon

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Ocean Inn. One more time, my apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your vacation time.
Termites are common problem in Florida and we had a room exterminated the next day.
When I received your call during the night about the bugs in your room I woke up and went to your room to resolve this issue. I explained you that unfortunately termites are common issues here in Hollywood. I found another room for you, made sure that you got everything you need, asked if you need any help with your luggage and prepared 2 glasses of wine for you and your wife and 2 bars of chocolate for your children.
The next morning you said to our Front Desk Manager that you want to leave earlier because you want to go to the keys and did not say anything about the termites and air conditioner. The only thing you asked for was a refund. According to the Ocean Inn policies, which you signed during the check-in "There is no refunds for early departure". I know that you did you reservation through Travelocity, where it also stated that "No refunds will be given for no-shows or cancellations made after your scheduled check-in date".

Thank you again for you candid review and I wish you all the best.

Best Regards,

Veronika
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. I have to say that it was a quaint little Inn with it's own charm. Like previous reviewers it was not the Ritz but it was clean and sufficient. The staff especially Philip were lovely. The only suggestions that I would make is to maybe turn the air on way earlier then is currently being done, it is a small ac unit and apparently takes a while to cool the units. The first night we were there we had a hard time sleeping because it was too warm. Overall I would recommend this facility and would definitely stay there again if I were going back to that area.

Room Tip: There is no pool at this property also no restaurant. Also part of the sleeping problem was do to th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few years ago for a couple days and it was perfect. I returned this weekend for one day and so far so good. Philip is very friendly, helpful and accomodating. The room is really clean. The hotel is steps to the ocean. Both times we've had family come and join us for bbq lunch in the courtyard and everyone agrees that the place is charming. My mom says she would even live here. We might even return for longer before summer ends.(We live in the suburbs 45 mins away) If you want a fancy place, the diplomat is down the street. If you want a clean cute affordable place near the ocean look no further.

• Stayed July 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

What a wonderful hotel. Philip Friday, the host is half of the wonder. He takes hospitality seriously, all the while making you laugh and feel great. I love the rooms and the breakfast...it is by a nice quiet beach and a less busy area of Hollywood. More places need to feel like this one.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff and they will set you up.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ocean Inn? Share your experiences!