“It was amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Austin
“It was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This inn is so beautiful and relaxing. It had the most beautiful garden I have ever seen! They also have a good grill you can use, right in front of comfy chairs with shades. The workers were beyond great! They gave us cookies and beers, and even two big beach towels to use. They also have some other beach necessity in their office like sun block. The room was very clean. It had hard floor and it was decorated with beach theme, which was very cute. Their complimentary breakfast is till 11am, which is great, and they have dark roast coffee (at least it tasted like one!) which they brew every morning and every time it runs out. I would definitely stay there again when I go to Hollywood, and in fact, I had such a great time that I went back in two days with my husband!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Hastings, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very comortable and quiet and steps from the beach! The free breakfast is small, but nice. I would recommend this hotel especially for the price. Don't expect fancy, but expect comfortable. The staff is great also!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great location steps from the beach, customer service was great, I felt right at home
After a day on the beach came back to the room had a cocktail and sat outside in a very peaceful garden setting. No pool no big deal u r steps from the beach. Free parking is a huge bonus.

You got yourself a very loyal customer
T

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This small motel is comfortable enough for the average couple. It's about two blocks away from the beach. The rooms all face onto a central patio area that is comfortable and quiet. They have a gas BBQ available for use (we BBQ-ed some steaks and ate out at the patio table). Our room was comfortable enough and had a small fridge and hotplate as well as a microwave. There are a couple of local stores (Walgreen's and Publix) to pick up a few supplies and groceries. The bed was nice and soft. The AC units are in-wall and very loud but at least it did the job and kept us cool. The housekeeper does a great job at keeping the rooms as clean as possible. We were visited only once by a cockroach that I promptly showed the phone book to. The staff are great and friendly. There is a local restaurant called "La Tub" that is not too far from the motel. It has an interesting history and, arguably, the best hamburgers in the world. A must-visit place if you happen to stay in the area.

We didn't bring our kid on this trip and I'm glad for that. I think kids would go out of their minds with boredom at this mote as there is nothing to do in or around the motel with the exception of walking down to the beach area with parents.

Certainly worth a try if you are looking for a quiet retreat off the beaten path.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed for one night, but could easily have stayed longer. Great position by a great beach, with faultless service. Free parking and even has beach chairs you can borrow! Rooms are basic, but clean and have everything you need. This is not a five star hotel, but is a nice, small and easy place to stay for a great price.

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I arrive late May and so far have been in contact with "Phillip" he has been very attentive in responsing to my emails and questions. I have been on line looking and afraid to pull the trigger for several weeks and finaly booked 5 days here based on price and location. I am just looking for a clean place that is on the beach. I have been to Europe a handful of times and have stayed in new hotels but find I am out and about most the time not in my hotel. Will update once my arrival happens May 23rd. I was in contact with a couple of hotels after reading their BAD reviews "Hollywood Beach Resort" for one... in hopes that they could assure me that it would not happen to me...and they denied the reviews and never got back to me. They should learn from Phillip about customer service. I would not chance "Hollywood Beach Resort."

Room Tip: Tell them you want a clean and quiet room away from any stairwells or lobby's.
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This little gem is about 2 short blocks from the beach which is why the rates are so reasonable. A tad dated but in the best way. Philip was must helpful and informative. He will help with any special requests you have. We were able to check in early since our room was available. Plenty of free parking. There are beach chairs and umbrellas for guests as well as sunscreen and trashy novels. The best part was homemade muffins along with fruit, cereal and coffee for breakfast!

Thanks, Philip, for making our girls outing so much fun!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 19 which is on the southeast corner, first floor. Noise level was fine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends