“Philip....can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Inn
3405 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #8 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Marietta, Georgia
“Philip....can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

After a long 10 hour drive from Marietta Ga, I arrived at another hotel only to find it was under total renovations...at 8pm I began a search for a hotel 2 days before Christmas....lucky for me I found Philip & the Ocean Inn,. He was was able to accommodate me & my 2 little furry friends Paolo & Speck for 3 nights. Philip is a gem! I can't wait to return to the Ocean Inn. Pet friendly, beach is a few short steps....home atmosphere...parking...beach chairs available...outdoor shower to rinse off....lovely center courtyard to relax day & night...BBQ grill.....park the car...and walk everywhere.....but I can tell you it is difficult to leave.....Philip if I ever open an INN ...you are mine!!!!!! smooches from angela, paolo & speck

Room Tip: Choice of rooms ~ for every persoanlity
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New Prague, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Inn and we LOVED it! Upon arrival Phillip welcomed us and told us about the area. He gave us a history lesson and asked if I wanted a glass of wine all within the same sentence! He is amazing and would have got us anything we asked for! The rooms are quaint and very clean. We walked just a short walk to the boardwalk and enjoyed the beaches! Our flight was very early on our departure day so Philip gave us breakfast items the night before so we wouldn't be hungry at the airport. We had a great time and made some new friends! We hope to visit again in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carrickfergus Co. Antrim Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The main plus at the Ocean Inn is the manager Philip whose genuinely warm and easy manner signals his contentment with his job and life in general. After a long drive from the Keys it was nice to arrive to his handwritten note and homemade cookies. Our room was like a mini apartment with seating area, bedroom end, dining area and extensive kitchen and bathroom. Storage facilities were extensive, the decor was pleasing and everything was spotlessly clean. There was even a little Christmas tree in the sitting area. The bathroom was generously stocked with travel size toiletries and toothpaste.
Eating breakfast in the garden made a nice change. We were just staying one night so being just a minute from the fantastic beach meant there was time for a walk before checking out.
The Inn is on Ocean Drive so there is traffic noise but in view of the positive aspects this is a small niggle. Maybe a little more choice in the breakfast menu would be welcome, though Philip's homemade blueberry muffins were great. I did miss orange juice and a choice of fruit. I also missed having a hairdryer in the room. Considering the generously stocked bathroom this seemed an odd sort of omission.

Room Tip: For an extended stay the rooms with the kitchen do give loads of space.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights recently. We enjoyed it quite a bit - the location can't be beat, since it's right by the bridge over to the beach, and just a few feet from the beach.Phillip and Joe were both extremely helpful in answering questions and Phillip's suggestion to go to Rocco's Tacos in Ft. Lauderdale was a great one. Also, the room was very clean, which we appreciated. The courtyard was pretty and felt very tropical. It was nice that they offered beach chairs, etc., too, for anyone going to the beach.

The only slight downsides, are that it's right on a busy road, and it isn't ON the beach, so this is worth being aware of, if that matters to you. The breakfast, as others indicated, was a bit less substantial than other places we've stayed at, but still a nice option if you want a lighter meal.

Room Tip: We were in room #12, which was right by the lobby/breakfast area. If you are looking for a quieter r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Inn for 3 days following our cruise. We booked it after reading other reviews on trip advisor. It didn't disappoint us. It is different from big flashy hotels and resorts we have stayed in before. We had a bedroom on the main floor and some kitchen facilities also . We found it more than suitable for all of our needs. Joe was amazing and he truly tried to make our short stay the best we could have. He went above and beyond to answer our questions, give his recommendations, and just chat about things. We loved the private little grotto in the gardens, except for the traffic noise.We spent hours relaxing there over the 3 days we stayed. The location near the beach ,the broadwalk and the restaurants was also a big plus for this little inn.All in all a great place to stay and we hope to return there again if our future holidays take us to Florida.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Once again the Ocean Inn turned out to be an excellent place to stay. Small, cozy hotel with excellent staff and clean rooms and surroundings. Free use of beach chairs and beach towels. Just steps from the beach and all the activities. I highly recommend this Inn for people looking to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the bigger places.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I frequently travel for business and have a few hotel stays under my belt. However, none have been as enjoyable as my stay at The Ocean Inn. The hotel is charming, clean, comfortable and conveniently located to the beach and the boardwalk. The garden in the center is awesome - a great place to work or relax. What made my stay extra special was the gentleman who managed the front desk - Phillip Friday who is friendly, hospitable, personable and an incredible 'concierge." I was at The Ocean End during the last leg of a nearly 2-week business trip; I was tired and ready to go home. By the end of my 4 night stay, I was a bit saddened to leave The Ocean Inn and the staff that made me feel so welcome. I'm already planning another trip early '13....this time on my own!!!!!

Thank you Phillip for a wonderful experience - you sold me on The Ocean Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ocean Inn? Share your experiences!