“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Pelham, Alabama, United States
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family stayed at the Ocean Inn for a wedding and had a great time. Phillip and his staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home and to take care of our every need. The rooms are so clean and comfortable. The courtyard is beautifully decorated with tropical and exotic plants and trees. Just a minute walk to the beach and boardwalk. Lots of restaurants and cute little shops within a very short walking distance.
We will definitely be going back. Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Super friendly and attentive staff (you rock, Philip). My son (19) loves the hammock in the jungle-like oasis that they created in the courtyard area -- a very imaginative and relaxing use of space. A one-minute walk to the beach and boardwalk (strand). Don't book the other place that you're considering, stay here. It's the best value for the star rating.

• Stayed August 2012
Manchester, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

To say that The Ocean Inn is the best place to stay while vacationing in Hollywood Beach, Fla is an absolute understatement. Actually, to say that the entire staff as well as the cleanliness and overall experience was the best is an understatement. The rooms were extremely clean and decorated with just the right amount of "tropical" you are looking for while staying by the beach. We were conveniently located on the same side as the beach with just a very short walk until your feet hit the sand. The staff and everyone we encountered here were very nice and went above and beyond to make this the best birthday and what I now know was my fiance planning our engagement, down to the wine and glasses. There aren't enough adjectives and I just can't say enough about The Ocean Inn. If your looking to relax and get away this is the place to be. Don't pass it up, I would recommend it to anyone!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I couldn’t have asked for a better hotel experience! I prefer smaller hotels that have character so I decided to stay at the Ocean Inn when I visited FL for work. I arrived a few minutes before the office closed and Joe was very welcoming and friendly. The courtyard area had nice lounge chairs, hammock, and beautiful tropical plants. After a day of flying, it was nice to relax in the hammock. The room was clean, the bed linens felt fresh, and the bed was comfortable. I had a room with a stove top, microwave, and mini-fridge. The closet and bathroom were a little small but clean! The hotel does not have a pool but who needs a pool when the beach is right around the corner and you don't need to cross a busy intersection! It was great being so close to the beach! The hotel also provided the use of beach towels, chairs, and umbrellas for free! Parking and internet were also free, which is rare for large cities. The breakfast was a bit limited; I wish they would have had fruit or even fruit juices available. But it was lovely having breakfast in their courtyard.

Unfortunately I got sick during my stay and Phil, with his great hospitality and sense of humor, was sweet in trying to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I don’t think I would have felt as comfortable as I did at the Ocean Inn if I stayed anywhere else. Also their day rates during the summer months, allowed me to stay a few extra hours and enjoy the beach some more. I didn’t have to spend all day at the airport since my flight was in the evening. The hotel was 15 minutes from the airport which made it even more convenient.

I would definitely stay here again and I’ve already told my friends and family about it! Thanks Joe and Phil for making my work trip memorable and lots of fun!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Redding, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I travel to Florida several times a year to spend two to three weeks visiting my dad whose home is now an assisted living facility in nearby Hallandale. I love Hollywood, Florida and for years stayed either downtown or right on Hollywood Beach amid all the Broadwalk restaurants, stores, and the Hollywood Beach Theater. This past June I was surfing the web for new accommodations – turns out the hotel I had been staying at did not have the accommodations I wanted and had raised their rates! - I came across the Ocean Inn. I called and after speaking with Philip, I was eager to check it out. It was obvious that Philip loved the place and not because he was an employee. (I later learned that Philip became part of the Ocean Inn family after staying there as a guest!) Located just steps from the beach, the Ocean Inn has come to feel like my home away from home for many reasons. You can enjoy a continental breakfast bright and early every morning in the beautifully designed oasis courtyard while listening to relaxing music – they even pipe in exotic birdsong, and if you forgot to pack something, chances are they can provide it. There are many touches like this that make the Ocean Inn a unique and traveler-friendly destination. The accommodations are clean, cool, and comfortable, and the rooms with kitchens are well appointed with a coffee maker, a microwave, a toaster oven, a fridge, etc. and all the kitchenware you need to get cooking. There are also laundry facilities for those who, like me, prefer to go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. Besides the great rooms and competitive prices, the location is ideal. There are great places to eat and drink close by and it’s a beautiful 10-minute oceanfront walk to all the action. Believe me, after a night of fun with the Hollywood Beach crowd, it’s a pleasure to come home to the quieter laidback end of the Broadwalk. Aside from all this, it’s the people that make the Ocean Inn my favorite destination in South Florida. The staff, the owner, the whole gang: Scott, Philip, Joey, Cline, and Shirley are hands on and so welcoming, I often find myself barbecuing and hanging out at the Inn as much as going out – it’s that kind of place. From now on when I travel to Florida, I not only look forward to seeing my dad (he’s 93 and going strong), but also to staying at the Ocean Inn. Who knows? Like Philip, I may even work there some day!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

we just returned from out ten day trip across Florida. We stayed two nights at the Ocean Inn. The very best thing about the hotel is it is about 30 steps from an amazing beach. The hotel is small, charming and has that tropic feel, with its pastel colors. The rooms are vintage. The bathroom is old but the room is spotless. Nothing can be more important then the room being clean. The girls and I sat outside and ate cereal at the picnic table. What a great way to start your day. Two little problems-parking is scarce but they have parking around the corner. Two they forgot to put soap in our room on our second night. Bring your own soap, those tiny bars do not last at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is my second time back and will be back again in December! Love Ocean Inn and Philip! This wonderful place is relaxing, serene and so close to the beach. This time we were there for a small high school reunion, about 20 of us stayed 6 days. We took over the place with Philip and Joe doing more than anyone could ask for to make sure we had everything we needed! You can not go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: This is a small family owned hotel. There are only 4 rooms with full kitchens, so if you are stayin...