“Mama Mia's has a Free Martini EVENT on Thursdays” 5 of 5 stars

+1 954-923-0555
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Mia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 488 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Federal Highway and Hollywood Blvd
Description: We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Hollywood at 1818 S Young Circle, Hollywood, FL. Offering some of the most superb Italian Food, Fine Wine and Excellent Service. Mama Mia's has become a landmark and was not only Joe Dimaggio's favorite restaurant, but is often visited by the Miami Dolphins and Miss Florida USA. Our Endless menu features such Italian Favorites as Stuffed Shrimp, Homemade Pasta & Raviolis, Veal Chop Parmigiana and Eggplant Rollatini. Every dish is cooked to order using only the finest quality and the freshest ingredients. If your planning a party or business luncheon, our banquet facilities will accommodate your group. Mama Mia's also has weekly events and specials such as our Ladies Night Thursdays, Happy Hour Fridays and Sunday Brunch. For more details about these events and specials, please visit our website.
Aventura, Florida
“Mama Mia's has a Free Martini EVENT on Thursdays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had lunch at Mama Mia's with a group of friends. We all had various menu choices for our lunches. Our waiter, David, was courteous, and accommodating. His service enhanced our dining experience. Among the wonderful lunch choices we ordered, was the chopped salad, filled to the BRIM with delicious veggies. The chicken parmagiana was deeeeelicious. The lasagna and the baked ziti were served in huge portions, and were fabulous. And, the spaghetti and meat balls, which I DEVOURED, brought back memories of Family dinners on Sundays.The affable manager, Steve, told us about a NEW event that SVEDKA Vodka is sponsoring. There will be FREE Martinis for Ladies, EVERY Thursday evening, in their lounge---starting at 6:00 P.M.. These free martinis will be made with a variety of flavors including Citron, Pineapple, Cucumber and Mandarin Orange. And, while you are enjoying the free Martinis-- there will be FREE Strombolis to fill your stomachs, and add to your pleasure. Mama Mia's is a SUPERB restaurant. Every time I have eaten there-- I leave feeling like I just visited "FAMILY." And, I usually use a CHARITY DINE discount dining voucher--which makes their REASONABLE prices-- EVEN more REASONABLE. With these vouchers it is a WIN/WIN situation. I will be there this Thursday to enjoy the Martinis, and then have dinner,-- using a CHARITY DINE voucher. Life is GREAT!! Thank You Mama!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Davie, Florida
“Not like it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Went a few weeks ago with 6 people. prices have greatly increased, giving me the feeling that they perceive themselves as something that they are not!

We had our two year old grandson with us and they wanted $10 for pasta off the "kids menu" Ridiculous!

No dish came with salad, but for $3 you could ad a few pieces of lettuce, 2 tiny slices of cucumber and a greenish tomato slice.

There was no dish that cost less than $20 with the tiny salad.

Only one veal dish (over $30) and i tried calamari rover pasta and, believe it or not, it was fried clamari, rather than sautéed calamari.

Summary is that there are countless good Italian restaurants within a 20 mile radius of Mama Mia's and all are better prices with equal or better quality.

service was good but the owner better evaluate what he is doing!

Will not go back, and that is a very unusual decision for me!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kodaikanal, India
“A coffee break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Coffee is treated and served like a work of art. We were served sugar crystal encrusted stirrers and spoons shaped out of chocolate! Yum yum! Great location too.

Visited May 2014
Miami, Fl
“Wow what a surprise! Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We went in a group of 9 and our order was flawless. The garlic bread is delicious. We had mussels, caprese salad, and eggplant rollatini for appetizers and they were ALL delicious. The entrees are large portions. Everyone at the table was delighted with their food. I had the lobster tortellini and I was very impressed with the flavor. My husband had the Suppa de marre and he was shocked at the amount of seafood it contained. Most other places skimp on seafood not this place. In addition to lots of seafood it was amazing. I wish we had time to go back one more time during our Mother's Day vacation.

Visited May 2014
Hollywood, Florida
“Somewhat Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I have been eating at Mama Mia for almost 20 years and the only things which have changed are the wait staff and prices. I remember when it was possible to get a complete dinner on their early menu for as little as $5.95, but the same thing now will cost more than twice as much. You know the saying, "Nothing good lasts forever."

Anyway, yesterday I purchased a $50.00 dining certificate from CharityDine, so my husband and I and a good friend decided to use it (it was only good for regular menu items and could not be used for the early dinner selections). After all three of us had ordered, the waiter pointed to the small print that read, "Must spend $100.00 or more." We wound up ordering a fourth dinner and took most of it home. We were also forced to order one of their expensive desserts and some beverages.

I know I complained about their prices, but the best thing about our dining experience was the food. It was quite good and the portions were large. My husband and I had the chicken parm and our friend ordered a macaroni and lobster dish that was delicious. We also ordered a stuffed shrimp and crab entree. This was our least favorite because there was a little too much breading and the crab turned out to be that imitation crab that you can buy in the grocery store for a few dollars a package. For dessert, the three of us shared an over-priced cannoli which came on a plate decorated with Cool Whip (couldn't they have at least used real whipped cream?).

All in all, there were a few negatives about this restaurant, but for the most part, we did enjoy the food. However, we think when we return the next time, it will be before 6:00 pm to take advantage of the early dinner which is still a bargain.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere