“Mama is a GREAT Cook, and is Running a CHARITABLE Event too!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

954-923-0555
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Mia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 481 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Federal Highway and Hollywood Blvd
Aventura, Florida
“Mama is a GREAT Cook, and is Running a CHARITABLE Event too!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a fabulous lunch today, at Mama Mia,-- using a discount charitydine voucher. This enabled the reasonable prices at Mama Mia, to be EVEN MORE REASONABLE. And, it gave me the opportunity,-- to contribute much needed money,--- to charity. Our waiter, Anthony, was wonderful and extremely accommodating. He immediately placed those wonderful (bet you can't eat just one) garlic rolls on the table. We started with the Pasta fagioli soup. Then,--I had their delicious and healthy chopped salad-- a large portion filled to the brim with veggies. They also have a wonderful caprese salad,-- which my dining companion had. We opted for the tried and true pasta dishes for our main courses. And, we took home a sub sandwich-- which was mouth -watering. Vito, the very accommodating and gracious manager, informed me of a charity event they are having on September 26th, 2013,--which will benefit several charities including Kindred Spirit and the Lung Association. It will be a CASINO night- with fun, food, gaming and the opportunity to help the less fortunate,-- while enjoying oneself. I plan to attend because I can have fun and help the less fortunate, while I am enjoying myself. Mama Mia is a great restaurant and I am very impressed with the civic minded and charitable contributions this restaurant is making. Great Food, Great Service and a concern for their fellow man!! Mama,-- you are a great cook, and a humanitarian too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hamilton, Canada
“Sunday Specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I had dinner Sunday night. We elected to order from the Specials Menu that was recited to us by our waiter. My wife chose the Italian Stuffed Veal and I picked the Bucatini Sunday Sauce. The hot crusty buns came drizzled with fresh crushed garlic butter and were soft inside. Salad came with the house dressing and the dressing is so good we dipped the buns in it as well.The Stuffed Veal was five medallions stuffed with prosciutto, salami, ricotta and basil with a tomato and wine reduction. The side was bacon wrapped fried polenta. She enjoyed it all, and had to take some of it home for her lunch. The Sunday Sauce arrived with a meatball, Italian sausage and veal rib meat in tomato sauce over Bucatini noodles. The noodles were perfectly done and the meats were all fork tender. My side was a wedge of polenta. We both enjoyed ourselves and will definitely return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Recently visited this restaurant while on vacation in Fort Lauderdale. The atmosphere was nice, what you would expect for an Italian place. We did not have a reservation but were promptly seated. There seemed to be plenty of waitstaff. Ours seemed a little scattered but did okay.
I had the chicken parmagiana which was nice and a huge portion. My dinner mates had the spicy octopus, ribeye and skirt steak. They were all pleased with their meal. The one with the octopus wishes there had been a little more octopus with the pasta, though. Desserts consisted of a canoli, tiramisu, and a chocolate fudge cake with ice cream. All were dispensed of very quickly. I think this is a nice place if you're looking for good Italian food for a reasonable price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“OK, nothing special.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

It's something not right with this place. First of all, the outside doesn't coordinate well with the inside of the restaurant in terms of design and decoration, it looks cheap, but pretentious.
My friend ordered water and I ordered a glass of wine, the server asked my friend if he preferred bottled water or "tap water", unnecessary question. It is understood that is "tap water" unless it is specified otherwise. Then we ordered our meals, my friend ordered an entree and I ordered an antipasto with a glass of wine, but since for the server an antipasto is not considered a meal, I was asked if I was not going to ordered anything, to what I replied "yes, I'm ordering an antipasto". By the way, the antipasto is more expensive than a salad and much smaller, and it was good, but nothing special. I don't recall the server's name but he has a pony-tail, and not very amicable and certainly not happy with his job.
Overpriced for what it is worth.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food long wait for it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The food was good but it took forever to come out. The service was slow and slowed down further as the restaurant started to fill up. The prices were ok to a little high since the portions were small. A good place to eat if you want to eat in moderation and do not mind waiting for the food. If you are hungry order an appetizer or two. Maybe even three. I hope this hits home that the portions are small.

• Visited July 2013