“LUNCH Specials are SPECIAL at Mama Mia” 5 of 5 stars

954-923-0555
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Mia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 479 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Federal Highway and Hollywood Blvd
Aventura, Florida
“LUNCH Specials are SPECIAL at Mama Mia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I just returned from having a WONDERFUL lunch at Mama Mia's in Hollywood, with a group of friends. We ALL agreed that The SPECIALS offered from their LUNCH menu, are very delicious and so reasonably priced,--that you can't afford to miss them. We were greeted by Shaun and Heather,( their day managers), who graciously and warmly seated us. Being at Mama Mia's felt like we were visiting family. Our waiter, Peter, was very accomodating and catered to our every wish. We each tried different items from the lunch SPECIAL menu. Their chicken parmagiana was delicious and PLENTIFUL. The chopped salad was filled with a great assortment of veggies and very TASTEFUL. Their soups ( we tried the lobster bisque and also the pasta fagioli) were out of this world. One of my friends had a meatball parmagiana sandwich--and kept making sounds of delight, as he ate it. Another friend feasted on one of their expertly prepared, wonderful tasting Pasta dishes. She ate each and every morsel of her big portion, and raved about the sauce accompanying the pasta. All of us had to have a taste of a few of their outragous desserts. We each had a piece of their cannoli, their cheesecake and their tiramisu. None of us could decide on which dessert was THE WINNER--because they were ALL WINNERS. Every time I have eaten at Mama Mia's,--whether it is for Lunch or for Dinner,-- I leave with a feeling of satisfaction, and also with a doggie bag for another meal. This restaurant is one of my all-time faves. Mama Mia's is offering different promotions that makes their delicious food taste even more delicious,--- because they are so reasonably priced. I am coming in this week for their Tuesday nite $14.95 prime ribs special. My friend is coming in later in the week, (on Thursday) for their $14.95 Twin Lobster tail special. At these prices and with their EXCELLENT tasting food-- why cook at home!!!! Thank You MAMA!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sunrise, Florida
“Howard K”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Celebrated my son's 50th birthday with family. We were 8 people. Order was slow getting to table. Food was average. Disappointing..

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aventura, Florida
“Consistently WONDERFUL Mama Mia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Tonite I had dinner at Mama Mia with several friends. Two of them had never been there before. These "newcomers" both LOVED the food, and service at Mama Mia. All of us ordered different entrees. My friend had their tilapia and thought it tasted fresh and delicious . My other friend ordered their salmon and said it was among the best she had ever had. My third dining companion had their stuffed shrimp, and licked the plate CLEAN. I had their veal parmagiana on the bone. Aside from being VERY delicious and reasonably priced, ( as compared to other restaurants),-- this portion was truly enough for three people. We all had their lobster bisque as a start to our dinners. This soup is very tasty, served in
tureens made of bread,--and is very unique and noteworthy. We all forgot the word DIET, and ordered several desserts--which we each sampled. The tiramisu was marvelous, their cannoli was fabulous, and, the cheesecake was exceptional. Our server, Antonio, made us feel pampered and well cared for. He was attentive and accomodating. Heather, the manager, was very gracious when we arrived,-- and made us feel welcomed and comfortable. I have been a patron of Mama Mia for over a year. This restaurant has CONSISTENTLY served excellent food in large portions, and at reasonable prices. It is important to know that whomever I bring to this restaurant, will always have a WONDERFUL dining experience. "Mama" sure knows how to cook!!

• Visited June 2013
Hollywood, Florida
“Questionable meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Something has changed. Server was great, friendly and knowledgeable. Restaurant was empty with 4 tables for a Saturday night. Kitchen was very slow and forgot they ran out of our order when we were waiting for it to arrive. Then substituted with another item that was mediocre, fish tasted very fishy (awful - old). My wife complained to the manager -Vito that had to be asked to come to the table. Did not even comp it. Coincidently, my wife got very sick and threw up her dinner in the night which means we will not go back. We were there last winter and had an average meal. The salad and rolls are still safe, fresh and good. Just our opinion, you make your own.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Consistently great Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We live very close by and frequent "Mamas" a few times a month. The food and service are always consistently very good. My husband is in love the bolognese while I love anything in their Eggplant family menus. Their staff is friendly and knowledgable about their wines as well. I saw the comment earlier about Jesus not being clear with his language skills and take offense in the fact that if you live and travel to So. Fl. You should be aware of it's "diverse" culture! IMPORTANT to note they also own one of the best Sushi restaraunts right next door. Better yet you can order from either menus at both restaurants...

• Visited May 2013