“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

954-923-0555
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Mia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 478 restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Federal Highway and Hollywood Blvd
chicago
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have been customers for years. This is the best italian you will find. The garlic bread is the best. We like sitting outside with a view of the park: the street is not close so you do not get a lot of road noise. Service can be spotty but we had good experiences recently.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Hollywood, Florida
“Great Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

They know how to treat their customers...super food...super service. I have eaten there many times. When I family visiting with children they always make it special for them.

Visited July 2012
Miami, Florida
“I am very upset with the service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

First I am appalled at how our server treated us his name is Jesus or something fist got our order with disrespect and gave us attitude when we asked questions we had didn't even speak clear English and when we asked for him to speak clearly he walked away and mumbled the word bi**h I was so shocked I told my group we must leave and we walked out. We really wanted to have a great night at dinner and tast the good food but I was disrespected I have never been so humiliated In all my life. We will never go to mama Mia's ever again shame on them for having such employee. I'm disgusted

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Florida
“not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Lets start with the garlic rolls. Mediocre at best. If they really were home made they could pass for store bought.

We went for lunch. My boyfriend got a chicken parm sandwich which was the best part of the whole experience. The fries were barely cooked and a little on the soft side but still edible. These were not high quality fries, they were the skinny frozen ones.

I got a salad as usual since I am mostly vegetarian/vegan (I cheat sometimes). What I had ordered was a ceasar salad, no meat, add tomatoes, onion, and fresh basil. The salad was not bad at all but kind of tiny. And I am a skinny woman that does not eat much so you can imagine, it was like a side salad size, yet priced and sold as a lunch entree.

But here's my issue with the salad. They gave me 2 onion wedges, 3 tomato slices, and a few pieces of basil. This was plenty considering how small the salad was. Anyway, the bill comes:

add tomato: 1.95
add onion: .50
add basil: .75

I guess I could live with the price on the onion and basil even though the amount they gave me was measly. But two dollars for 3 tomato slices?

The sever was not very good. At the end he circled on the bottom of the bill where it said what the suggested gratuity was and that just made me angry after seeing the charge for the tomato.

I don't mind paying for good food. If you read some of my other reviews, I actually give some pricey restaurants in Palm Beach good reviews since the service is excellent and the quality of food is amazing. Food is a big thing for me and I don't mind paying for good stuff but leaving that place paying $11 plus tax for a measly side salad, I felt ripped off.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Mama Mia's is worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Hollywood Florida for over 30 years and have always heard about Mama Mia's but thought it was too commercial so I never went. My Dad who is Italian and is difficult to please wanted Italian food so I decided to try it. I was very pleasantly surprised to find the food was delicious and the sauce excellent. I had the Mia rigattoni with sausage and meatballs and it was cooked to perfection. My daughter had the spaghetti bolognese and said it was also delicious. The fried calamari appetizer was very good as were the garlic rolls everyone talks about. The decor was nice and not outdated as had been described. The had valet parking which was great and while we wanted to eat outside it started to rain so we couldn't. The waitress was very pleasant and we had a great time. The price is average for a decent restaurant with most pasta between $18-22 dollars and appetizers from $9 to $15. The meat entrees are more but overall I thought it was excellent food for the price.

Visited April 2013

Been to Mama Mia Italian Ristorante? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mama Mia Italian Ristorante, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.