“Thoroughly Delighted!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Europa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Villa Europa Hotel to your Saves list
Villa Europa Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   314 Cleveland St., Hollywood Beach, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Special Offer
Free bikes
Ranked #2 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Bakersfield, California
“Thoroughly Delighted!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Villa Europa Hotel, Luis, and Alejandro made my three day visit to Hollywood, Florida a pleasant and delightful ending to my Panama Canal cruise-ending-in-Florida vacation.
Owner Luis, greeted me with a huge sincere smile and a bottle of cold water, which I really appreciated since it was a very warm and humid day. He gave me a brief rundown of the area, a pamphlet about the local restaurants and a map. All of this was greatly appreciated and I referred to the handouts many times. He set me up with complimentary Wifi and showed me where I could access the complimentary beach chairs, umbrellas and bikes.
My room was perfect for me! I had a comfy queen bed, plus microwave, refrigerator, two burner hot plate and enough kitchen items to prepare meals. There were bright sunny yellow beach towels for the chaise on my patio or to take to the beach, which was just a few steps away. If I wanted to take one of the beach chairs to the beach, Alejandro was more than happy to take it there and bring it back for me.
I could hear my neighbors in the adjoining room, but some soft music on the radio in my room made them a non-issue.
I crave air-conditioning when I am in humid areas, and the unit in my room worked well. There was also a large ceiling fan for times when one just wants air movement and not an air-conditioner.
I liked relaxing on the patio with a book at an umbrella table next to my room.
Villa Europa is located close to some very good restaurants on the broadwalk. (Broadwalk-One of the locals explained that the walk along the beach wasn't made of boards, but it was broad, thus broadwalk!) Anything that I couldn't finish at the restaurants was boxed and I took back to the room to put in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave for a snack later.
Visiting ALL 50 states is on my Bucket List. Florida is state #48. Two more to go! Villa Europa Hotel made my visit to Florida a memorable experience!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Joppa, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights the beginning of October, the weather was hot, sunny, and a few evening showers. The beach is very close, the ocean calm as a swimming pool. The rooms are very clean, I must admit I thought the price was so reasonable, I would find some fault with the villa. I found instead of fault that the staff, room, location and attention to guests needs, far exceeded my expectations. The free bikes, beach towels,umbrellas, and chairs were a great amenity. (Plus Alejandro carries back and forth what you need to the beach!) The broad walk is bustling with exercisers, lots of shops and restaurants. The prices are good - loved the Le Tub's hamburger and interesting decor of tubs and toilets. But by far it is Luis and Josie who make you feel so special and appreciated. They will do anything to please you as their guest. Finally, check the villa out you will love it,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

i stayed here because of the reviews on this place, but i was not impressed.. odd local and rooms.. one of the owners did meet us there for check-in at 11pm, but upon check out, the office is closed at 8am and you drop your key in a box.. a little box at the front door will call them and you can talk to them, but ?? no real "customer service".. decent room, only let down was two separate twin beds.. plenty of towels, clean shower, good a/c.. no cab driver can find this place.. just a little off the beaten path by the beach boardwalk..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Villa Europa is a great find if you have a ride to the airport. Great little piece of gem located right along the beach at hollywood beach and it's beautiful boardwalk. Very personalized service by their owners who take the time and sincerely wants you to be a happy and satisfied customer. They lend out bikes for free, along with beach umbrellas and chair. I would most rather stay here any day than at Hilton. Muchos gracias, Jose! .... Harry from Indy

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Gouverneur, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was supposed to stay there for a very short time and ended up staying about 3 weeks. These people are wonderful. I could not get into an apartment and these people helped me out. They almost treated me like family. I certainly needed that being alone and not knowing anyone. I will never forget their kindness and helping me when I needed it! Luis and Josie, thank you again so much for being a great friend to me!! Even their maintenance man is wonderful. You get a great place to stay, the beach, parking, nice cold water, lounge chairs, bikes, nice fresh towels, and most important, very kind people that care about you! I highly recommend that you stay here!! Love and will miss you guys, I will never forget you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Monument, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

For the price I was expecting a lot less, instead we got a very clean nice sized room with a small kitchen, good A/C, and free parking! The owners were extremely nice; giving us bottles of cold water and offering to carry down beach chairs and umbrellas. We used the free bikes for 4 hours to ride up and down the boardwalk, they were old and rusted but when we found out the new bikes were $17 PER hour for us to rent, rust was just fine! At first my husband wanted to be in a hotel that faced the ocean, but when we saw how noisy that would of been (also an additional $50-100 per night) it was nice staying half a block in from the boardwalk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Europa Hotel? Share your experiences!