“Great Little Hotel just next to Hollywood Broadwalk.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Europa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Villa Europa Hotel to your Saves list
Villa Europa Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   314 Cleveland St., Hollywood Beach, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Special Offer
Free bikes
Ranked #3 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
chicago
“Great Little Hotel just next to Hollywood Broadwalk.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a great little hotel just next to the Hollywood Broadwalk. This is not a 5 star Hotel, if you are looking for that, there are plenty nearby. However if you are looking for friendly personable service, in a quiet little area just off the Broadwalk, this is the place for you. We arrived a bit earlier than check in and we had to call to get the manager on duty. Luis the manager arrived in less than 5 minustes and greeted us with a smile and a cold bottle of water. The grounds and room were clean and well kept. They have everything you need to have a good time at the beach and on the broadwalk, just bring your own sunscreen. They provided beach chair, recliners, umbrellas, towels, and floatation mats. Also , a huge bonus to us was the availbilty of the bikes to ride when we wanted to. Although we did not utilize it, we did take note of the choice to cook for yourself here, the room and grounds were equiped with hot plate , microwave, pots, pans, utensils and a gas grill to cook outside. A pay washing machine and dryer were also on the premises. As noted in the previous review, you ARE NOT right on the beach, so if you have to have an ocean view when you wake up this is not your place. However, having a condo between Villa Europa and the beach/broadwalk made this area a lot quiter and peaceful. We will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

While there isn't an ocean view from the rooms, you are very close, just one tower condominium between these villas and the ocean. Great location. We were able to walk to some great restaurants, in addition to being so close to the beach. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, but it's definitely not a luxury hotel -- just very basic rooms and kitchenette. We had a 4-person room, which worked great, only problem was 2 twins and one queen, would have preferred an option for 2 queens. Daily maid service costs extra, so if you are staying a while you will be sweeping out a lot of sand!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We arrived at the Villa Europa late, very tired, just expecting just a place to sleep. The person at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. There was nothing fancy about the room, but it was impeccably clean and the bed was very comfortable. When we got to the room, it was quite warm, so we looked for the A/C. We couldn't see one. Coming from a Vermont Winter, we were afraid it would be too warm for us, but we eventually found a thermostat, adjusted the temperature down, and quickly felt the room cool. We slept very well, which is what we needed to continue our trip the next day. We resolved to come back for an extended stay sometime soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chevy Chase, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a terrific 3 days at this budget-wise boutique Inn right off of the ocean.. Luis,the warm proprietor, met us at the cab we took from the cruise ship dock in Ft. Lauderdale. The humble room was clean with 2 single beds (yikes!) and satellite TV. It had a frige, microwave, hotplate, coffeepot, dishes, glasses, cutlery and more. Outside, in the amazing European-style courtyard, was a BBQ,bikes & beach chairs, We had coffee, meals and drinks outside at the lovely tables with sun umbrellas. The guests were international. I did not miss a pool because of the proximity to the beach. Thank you Luis! Nancy & Joe Rose

Room Tip: They have rooms with double beds!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Booked at Villa Europa because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and from experience the owner and staff of the hotel will ensure you have an enjoyable stay. I emailed the hotel to let them know I would be arriving very early on my check-in day and they contacted me by phone several times to let me know I could check-in early and where I could get the room key if I arrived before office hours. The were also gracious to allow a late check-out on my departure date. While at the hotel guests are free to make use of many amenities. During my stay I used one of the two barbecues, borrowed a couple beach cruiser bikes to take a trip down the broadwalk and had Alehandro help carry beach lounge chairs to and from the beach as well as other beach toys.
The room itself was rather basic ( the two star property rating is accurate ) and there was some signs of wear of the furniture, but it was kept clean. I had booked one of the efficiency rooms with a fridge and microwave and coffee make, but found a toaster and a two burner tabletop electric range as well as dishes and cutlery was provided in the cupboards. For those self catering this made it possible to prepare meals, especially nice being able to barbecue outside and eat at one of the shaded patio tables.
During my stay Alehandro was constantly around to assist when needed and between being busy keeping the property well maintained and owner Luis was often coming and going but always with a smiling and pleasant to interact with.
As noted by others the only disappointment was the wifi signal which was unreliable and slow, so much so that I gave up on it and instead used my cellphone's 2G unlimited data which was also slow but at least reliable.

Room Tip: Parking at Villa Europa is in limited supply and is all parallel parking alongside the street. Space...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We chose this place based on the reviews in here, and we weren't disappointed. I was a little concerned as we got the room cheap. We were greeted by Luis, who was really friendly. He showed us to our studio unit which was clean and well furnished. There are bikes you can use and a bbq in the courtyard. The hotel is set one building back from the beach, you are literally steps from the beach.
The only minor negative is the WiFi is intermittent but otherwise we had a great stay and I would definitely recommend staying here

• Stayed December 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The much acclaimed Villa Europa Hotel, where I stayed one week ago in Hollywood, is more a motel type hotel than a full serviced one. My studio apartment, combining the bedroom and the kitchenette, was very basic with a microwave and small refrigerator, and a bathroom. The nearby beach was a critical reason for me to choose this hotel, in addition to its convenient price and several positive reviews.
One week before checking in I decided to visit the hotel and met the owner, Luis Urbina, who immediately showed me the room he had assigned to me. He assured he would call me as soon as it would be available for checking in, which, in fact, he did.
Hollywood’s Boardwalk and the beach are one minute away from the hotel that provides complimentary beach chairs, umbrellas and bicycles. I wondered how I would carry the chair to the beach, but Luis explained Alehandro would take care of the matter. Alehandro is the personification of friendliness and takes the can-do attitude to heart as he is always willing to be of service.
If you are keen on organic food like I am, it is worthwhile visiting the Organic Market on Broadwalk opened on Sundays from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, with a huge variety of organic fruits, vegetables, seeds and dried fruits.
The hotel is a non-smoking environment, which is something I greatly welcome. As a motel type accommodation, the service is reduced to a minimum, and if you don’t want to be disturbed just turn on the light above the door entrance, which is equivalent to the common sign “Please do not disturb”.
The downside of my stay was the internet connection. WiFi is free, but the internet speed fluctuates frequently from 0,38 to 0,82 Mbps, not to mention when it is down. So if you use the internet for more than just reading once in a while your email, the WiFi connection might pose a problem and it can be frustrating. Skype and VoIP connections are undeniably bad. Luis disputed my complaints, saying he could prove other guests had their devices connected to the internet and that probably the issue had to do with my laptop. However, each time he rebooted the system, things went back to normal, at least for a while.
Parking is also free, which is definitely a plus by comparison with other places that charge by the day. That said, my overall impression is positive, but a little internet improvement wouldn’t hurt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Villa Europa Hotel? Share your experiences!