“An all-inclusive budget beach hotel with excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Europa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Villa Europa Hotel to your Saves list
Villa Europa Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   314 Cleveland St., Hollywood Beach, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Special Offer
Free bikes
Ranked #2 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Canada
“An all-inclusive budget beach hotel with excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Booked at Villa Europa because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and from experience the owner and staff of the hotel will ensure you have an enjoyable stay. I emailed the hotel to let them know I would be arriving very early on my check-in day and they contacted me by phone several times to let me know I could check-in early and where I could get the room key if I arrived before office hours. The were also gracious to allow a late check-out on my departure date. While at the hotel guests are free to make use of many amenities. During my stay I used one of the two barbecues, borrowed a couple beach cruiser bikes to take a trip down the broadwalk and had Alehandro help carry beach lounge chairs to and from the beach as well as other beach toys.
The room itself was rather basic ( the two star property rating is accurate ) and there was some signs of wear of the furniture, but it was kept clean. I had booked one of the efficiency rooms with a fridge and microwave and coffee make, but found a toaster and a two burner tabletop electric range as well as dishes and cutlery was provided in the cupboards. For those self catering this made it possible to prepare meals, especially nice being able to barbecue outside and eat at one of the shaded patio tables.
During my stay Alehandro was constantly around to assist when needed and between being busy keeping the property well maintained and owner Luis was often coming and going but always with a smiling and pleasant to interact with.
As noted by others the only disappointment was the wifi signal which was unreliable and slow, so much so that I gave up on it and instead used my cellphone's 2G unlimited data which was also slow but at least reliable.

Room Tip: Parking at Villa Europa is in limited supply and is all parallel parking alongside the street. Space...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We chose this place based on the reviews in here, and we weren't disappointed. I was a little concerned as we got the room cheap. We were greeted by Luis, who was really friendly. He showed us to our studio unit which was clean and well furnished. There are bikes you can use and a bbq in the courtyard. The hotel is set one building back from the beach, you are literally steps from the beach.
The only minor negative is the WiFi is intermittent but otherwise we had a great stay and I would definitely recommend staying here

• Stayed December 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The much acclaimed Villa Europa Hotel, where I stayed one week ago in Hollywood, is more a motel type hotel than a full serviced one. My studio apartment, combining the bedroom and the kitchenette, was very basic with a microwave and small refrigerator, and a bathroom. The nearby beach was a critical reason for me to choose this hotel, in addition to its convenient price and several positive reviews.
One week before checking in I decided to visit the hotel and met the owner, Luis Urbina, who immediately showed me the room he had assigned to me. He assured he would call me as soon as it would be available for checking in, which, in fact, he did.
Hollywood’s Boardwalk and the beach are one minute away from the hotel that provides complimentary beach chairs, umbrellas and bicycles. I wondered how I would carry the chair to the beach, but Luis explained Alehandro would take care of the matter. Alehandro is the personification of friendliness and takes the can-do attitude to heart as he is always willing to be of service.
If you are keen on organic food like I am, it is worthwhile visiting the Organic Market on Broadwalk opened on Sundays from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, with a huge variety of organic fruits, vegetables, seeds and dried fruits.
The hotel is a non-smoking environment, which is something I greatly welcome. As a motel type accommodation, the service is reduced to a minimum, and if you don’t want to be disturbed just turn on the light above the door entrance, which is equivalent to the common sign “Please do not disturb”.
The downside of my stay was the internet connection. WiFi is free, but the internet speed fluctuates frequently from 0,38 to 0,82 Mbps, not to mention when it is down. So if you use the internet for more than just reading once in a while your email, the WiFi connection might pose a problem and it can be frustrating. Skype and VoIP connections are undeniably bad. Luis disputed my complaints, saying he could prove other guests had their devices connected to the internet and that probably the issue had to do with my laptop. However, each time he rebooted the system, things went back to normal, at least for a while.
Parking is also free, which is definitely a plus by comparison with other places that charge by the day. That said, my overall impression is positive, but a little internet improvement wouldn’t hurt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed there only for 1 night. That may be a bit short for a detailed and comprehensive review.
Nevertheless, we liked what we saw during our short stay : a very clean room, a very nice owner (or manager?) and a very good location close to the beach for a reasonable fare (it was the low season).
There are some restaurants along the beachwalk within walking distance.
As a small plus which often makes the difference between good and great, the owner gave us a couple of bottles of water and offered us to take bikes for a tour. Unfortunately we had to leave and had to decline, but we did appreciate the offer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wales UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed for two nights 26-27 October prior to a cruise. Luis is so friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic but spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable. It is right on the boardwalk and close to some great bars (nicks and Joes tiki bar). I would recommend this place to anyone for a break with a great location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Queens, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. The room was clean, expected it to be very small as I had read on some other reviews, but the layout makes the room look bigger. Location is perfect, half a block away from the beach, even though during our stay the winds preceeding hurricane Sandy made the beach unbearable.
Best thing about this hotel is management, Luis the owner, goes out of his way to make your stay a pleasant experience. The only drawback, although noticed that it is common for other small hotels in the area, no ice machine on premises, so if you need ice you have to buy it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place. I just spent 3 days and nights, and there isn't a single negative thing that I can offer about my stay. The area is very laid back, and has the feel of old Florida. The hosts, Luis and Josie, are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, spacious, and inexpensive. The location is perfect...about a 30 second walk to the ocean front Broadwalk (which is a large pedestrian and bike only area that is loaded with restaurants, bars, shops, etc...). Villa Europa has courtyard tables, gas grills, bikes, beach chairs, beach towels, wi-fi, and on-site parking. It is so conveniently located that a car isn't even necessary...if you fly into Ft. Lauderdale, just take a taxi. Again, it's a great find!

Pat Cecere
Atlanta, GA

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Villa Europa Hotel? Share your experiences!