“Especially good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Europa Hotel

You added Villa Europa Hotel to your Saves list
Villa Europa Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   314 Cleveland St., Hollywood Beach, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #4 of 28 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Providence, R.I.
“Especially good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed at Villa Europa in November, 2011 and had a comfortable and clean room that was affordable and convenient to the beach. Best of all was the very helpful owner/manager Luis, who was happy to provide beachchairs, towels and bicycles. The quality and friendliness of the service will bring us back again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I was attending a large meeting at a large hotel in Hollywood, but I wanted to stay in a quiet boutique hotel, less expensive and on the beach and boardwalk. The Villa Europa was perfect for me. It is a small personable hotel, closely managed by Luis who is dedicated to being sure his guests have a good time. I got a knock on my door the first night, informing me i left my lights on in the car for example. The room was clean, neat, mattress was excellent and the quality of the linens was very high. It was 50 feet from the boadwalk and on an excellent beach. At night it was awesome quiet with only the waves, stars, full moon, and wind. A perfect place to meditate and contemplate. The room had a fridge, coffemaker, toaster, microwave but most important is the sense of hospitality and friendliness which comes directly from Luis. A real bargain and I would certainly come again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This little hotel is smooshed in between many others and doesn't look like much from the outside. It's location is footsteps from the beach and close to- but not right on -the boardwalk, which is also a good thing. Luis is as sweet as his reputation claims and was always readily available to help with anything. We borrowed the hotel's beach cruisers to get around which was awesome! The hotel is old but well maintained and very very clean. I had zero issues with the Wifi and the TV was new & good sized. There is a little patio area but no pool. The boardwalk was so much fun for people watching. It was cheesy here and there with your typical beach shops but it is also charming and unique with lots of mosaics and murals and art. There were 3 playgrounds within walking distance and an amphitheater where live music is played nightly. I kept imagining the scene over the last few decades, which was easy because the place seemed so timeless. The first night, we couldn't find Pachamama so we gambled on Jake's for some lobster tacos. DO NOT eat there. We did locate the delicious Peruvian restaurant the following day and it was super yummo AND they gave us a discount when we told them Luis sent us. If you don't need a pool or fitness center, this place is excellent for those on a budget!

Room Tip: We stayed in the studio. It had a queen bed with four pillows, a bathroom stocked with earth friend...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I was pleasantly suprise by this little boutique-like hotel. It was perfect for me and my fiancee that we had to book a second night. It's about 50 feet away from the Hollywood Beach, they offer you free beach cruisers, beach chairs, and umbrellas. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and have a fridge, silverware, coffee maker (depending on the room you get more of a kitchen or not), and a seating area to eat. It was so affordable which made the entire experience even better. The staff is friendly and willing to help you in any way you request. We will def. be back!!

Room Tip: If you will be staying for a while request the room with the largest kitchen area
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Homestead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This little place was great! Our room (studio) was super clean & was right next to the boardwalk. Luis (owner/manager) was sooooo helpful! He said there was no hurry for check out the next day, and boy was he serious! We left at 4 in the afternoon! He even helped us pack up our things in the trunk. We will DEFINITELY stay here again!!!

Room Tip: If you're just looking for a small space, the studio is great! Has a Queen bed & a little k...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I want to keep this place all too myself! we just got back from an amazing stay in Hollywood at the most incredible small hotel,Villa Europa! First, let me say that I'm always leery of reviews because we've stayed at hotels that would give you kickbacks if you wrote something positive about their mediocre place. That said, we were looking for a beachfront property that we could relax at and after staying in south beach for 3 years thought we would give Hollywood a try. After searching, we found Villa Europa after reading all the reviews, decided that we would give it a try. Suddenly we found out after punching thru to the reservation pages that they were booked. My heart sank but i thought maybe you should call the hotel direct, glad i did. Luis, the owner, said that although he had a room for us Sunday thru Saturday, he didn't have anything on our arrival on Saturday. We told him that go ahead and book us and if something came up he'd call us back. While on the road, Luis called and said that if we wanted he could let us stay in a cheaper room on Saturday and then move to another room on Sunday, which was great but meant us arriving in Hollywood very very late..... he said don't worry I'll wait for you. Sure enough, he was right there when we pulled in. He showed us to our room, helped with the luggage. I'm thinking maybe all those reviews may have been right. we had some food with us in a cooler that the ice had melted during the 18 hour car ride. No problem, he quickly returns with a bag of ice! And a LARGER cooler!!!! Before going to sleep that night or morning by now, he said don't worry sleep in.. in the smaller room: comfortable bed, microwave, dorm fridge, flat screen TV all the nice features everyone else had talked about. The next day, after sleeping in, got up and decided to check out the beach. First of all if you've never been to Hollywood beach, its like you're stepping back into time, to a Florida gone by long ago. There's a great boardwalk with restaurants and shops and even a band shell! So relaxing! Villa Europa sits off the beach, maybe 2 mins away! We see Luis and his friend Pierre out front, they ask us if we need anything, they offer us a huge umbrella and chairs to use during out stay! we already had chairs but the umbrella was a godsend. We moved into the room that we had booked, it was perfect... clean, nicely appointed..... this upgrade had a futon, a dining room table, a full size fridge, a microwave, a full size range, coffee maker, toaster! We were starting to fall in love with this place! Let me say that I have never had anyone, anywhere, at anytime take care of us like the staff at Villa Europa! Luis was always there eager to help with anything that would make our stay there more pleasant. It was like you were staying with family (but in a good way) or long lost friends! They made us feel right at home. They gave us tips where to eat, gave us suggestions on things to do. Even several times helped us carry out stuff to the beach!!!! This service went well beyond to call of duty! I can't rave enough about it! Needless to say, the vacation was a success! Now here's my dilemma, if people start to find out about what a great time you can have here at Villa Europa, there won't be any rooms when i get ready to return! Okay, if you've made it thru this review here's my suggestions. Call Luis direct (it got us a room when the sites said they were none). Eat at Pachamamma's (trust me on this one). Also try Laura's Cuban Restaurant downtown (tell her we sent ya). Prepare to be pampered beyond your expectations! Just don't been in my room when i want to return again to my new beach destination, The Villa Europa.

Room Tip: If all the rooms were like the 2 we stayed in, there isn't a bad room here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dessau, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

This small hotel is quite perfect for staying up to 4 days. To relax at the beach you have to walk not even more than 30 seconds. Everything was clean. The hotel owners are very helpful and friendly. We've asked for a knife for preparing a pineapple and they gave us one out of their private citchen.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Europa Hotel? Share your experiences!