Arrived at 10am and despite a 3pm check-in, Sherry greeted my wife and I and took us straight to our room, #5. Early check-ins are wonderful and Sherry was super nice.
The room was as advertised. Clean, comfy and spacious with a million dollar view. Doesn't have the upgrades other high end chains do, but your paying for the location. King size bed was comfy and felt clean. Kitchenette and bathroom are dated but worked fine since we spent all our time on the beach and at tiki bar!
A Marriott is right next door and the bar and restaurant are fabulous. Great coffee bar and even better food, prepared by executive chefs. We actually ate breakfast (fl lobster omelette), lunch(tuna poke and all beef hot dog) and dinner( crab/lobster cakes) there on our last day. The service was excellent. Loved hitting beach with fresh drinks from the bar, i guess its ok to drink on the beach as long as its in a cup.
Ocean Alley's was another favorite, a 10 min walk south, try the calamari or the Seafood Salad(Stuffed Cabbage).
Overall, the Walkabout was a great place to stay. While it has some wear and tear,aka,character, it is clean, comfy and spacious. We loved all the staff who were great the whole time. It's nice to get away from the chains and corporate resorts for a simple relaxing stay at a place with character. And oh ya, Location,Location,Location.
- Also Known As:
- Walkabout Beach Hotel
- Walkabout Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Walk About Beach Hollywood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WalkAbout Beach Resort is a cozy family-owned and operated hotel located ON THE BROADWALK in Hollywood Beach, Florida. Our boutique, 8-room hotel was built in 1950, and it is one of the last remaining beachfront hotels designed in the Art Deco style.Our guests enjoy a wide array of amenities that include: ocean front rooms, a large tiki bar in our courtyard, seating alongside the Hollywood broadwalk, scenic views of the beach, nearby shops and restaurants, free wifi, free cable, on-site washer/dryer, live music, and fresh linens daily. Our staff is extremely friendly and professional, and we are always nearby to assist with any special requests. Hollywood Beach is one of the premier beach destinations in the world. The city provides twenty-one lifeguard towers and eight first-aid stations. An icon of Art Moderne architecture on Hollywood Beach’s famed Broadwalk, The Walkabout Beach Resort, is a classic 1940’s boutique hotel. Those who have visited claim it has the perfect blend of characteristics: chic, warm and inviting, glamorous, and tastefully modernized.To experience The Walkabout Beach Resort, is to experience Hollywood Beach at its best. In keeping with its classic style, eight oceanfront guest rooms are immaculately styled with the elegance of another era – wooden and terrazzo floors, interiors with rich textures, soft pink monochromatic colors, and decorations with a nod to its illustrious past mark the furnishings. Each room is adorned with vintage black and white photographs cataloguing Hollywood’s social history dating back to the 1920’s. When you stay at The Walkabout, discover its delightful Art Moderne ambiance and see how its past has been preserved to its original beauty. The Walkabout is known for its remarkable beachfront setting and legendary Hollywood Beach, Florida hotel location - on the Broadwalk. Named one of America's best beach Broadwalks by Travel + Leisure, the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is more than 2 miles long, sizzling with energy that embodies the diversity Hollywood Beach stands for - bustling sidewalk cafes, unique shops, multi-hued streamline Art Moderne buildings, and unforgettable ocean views. Step out from the Broadwalk and spend the day settled on white sands, by a glistening ocean on one of South Florida’s most beautiful beaches. Still, the most popular pastime on the beach is simply savoring the charming character of this truly unique setting, so reserve a day for relaxing to the sound of soothing waves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your WalkAbout Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.