First of all, you cannot have a bad room here, as there are only 8 of them and they all face the beach. We had a Queen Studio on main floor, and loved it. We were literally 5 steps from the TiKi bar, which was a riot thanks to our super friendly bartender! We had initally scheduled this trip for May, but I suffered a serious broken leg and had to reschedule. The staff/management were extremely helpful with transferring our dates and deposits, and it was much appreciated
Pros--Tiki Bar--both for local flavor and friendly conversations, proximity to beach, adorable fresh and inviting rooms,people watching, VIEWS!!! Amazing location, steps from the beach.
Cons--the only con could also be a pro, you are located at a very quiet spot on the broadwalk. it is a good mile walk to the bars/restaurants. Normally, I would love the seclusion and enjoy the beautiful stroll along the beach, but my bones are still knitting. :(
Tips--walk down to local restaurants in the morning for awesome breakfast specials. The farther you walk, the cheaper breakfast gets!! We never spent more than five dollars each, and there were many cheaper options to be had. Check out Jakes for the whitefish tacos, super delish, and the owner (Jake) is a wonderfully friendly guy, this spot also has great live music and terrific pina coladas
We will definitely return, as soon as our schedules permit. And we want to extend a heartfelt thanks to the entire staff at Walkabout, y'all exceeded our expectations!!
- Also Known As:
- Walkabout Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Walkabout Beach Hotel
- Walk About Beach Hollywood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WalkAbout Beach Resort is a cozy family-owned and operated hotel located ON THE BROADWALK in Hollywood Beach, Florida. Our boutique, 8-room hotel was built in 1950, and it is one of the last remaining beachfront hotels designed in the Art Deco style.Our guests enjoy a wide array of amenities that include: ocean front rooms, a large tiki bar in our courtyard, seating alongside the Hollywood broadwalk, scenic views of the beach, nearby shops and restaurants, free wifi, free cable, on-site washer/dryer, live music, and fresh linens daily. Our staff is extremely friendly and professional, and we are always nearby to assist with any special requests. Hollywood Beach is one of the premier beach destinations in the world. The city provides twenty-one lifeguard towers and eight first-aid stations. An icon of Art Moderne architecture on Hollywood Beach’s famed Broadwalk, The Walkabout Beach Resort, is a classic 1940’s boutique hotel. Those who have visited claim it has the perfect blend of characteristics: chic, warm and inviting, glamorous, and tastefully modernized.To experience The Walkabout Beach Resort, is to experience Hollywood Beach at its best. In keeping with its classic style, eight oceanfront guest rooms are immaculately styled with the elegance of another era – wooden and terrazzo floors, interiors with rich textures, soft pink monochromatic colors, and decorations with a nod to its illustrious past mark the furnishings. Each room is adorned with vintage black and white photographs cataloguing Hollywood’s social history dating back to the 1920’s. When you stay at The Walkabout, discover its delightful Art Moderne ambiance and see how its past has been preserved to its original beauty. The Walkabout is known for its remarkable beachfront setting and legendary Hollywood Beach, Florida hotel location - on the Broadwalk. Named one of America's best beach Broadwalks by Travel + Leisure, the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is more than 2 miles long, sizzling with energy that embodies the diversity Hollywood Beach stands for - bustling sidewalk cafes, unique shops, multi-hued streamline Art Moderne buildings, and unforgettable ocean views. Step out from the Broadwalk and spend the day settled on white sands, by a glistening ocean on one of South Florida’s most beautiful beaches. Still, the most popular pastime on the beach is simply savoring the charming character of this truly unique setting, so reserve a day for relaxing to the sound of soothing waves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your WalkAbout Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.