“I've seen nicer out houses” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Hotel & Resort

You added Holiday Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Hotel & Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2337 US Highway 19 North, Holiday, FL 34691 (Formerly Tahitian Beach Motel)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Holiday
“I've seen nicer out houses”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

AC went out in the house couple weeks after I had my shoulder surgery.I was told on the phone the room would only be $50.For $60 I could get a flat screen TV so I figured what the hell.Room had a flat screen TV but the room was filthy.Nasty 20 year old beds.The tile floors hadn't seen a mop I don't think since they have been installedNo refund or offer for a different room.You can put a flat screen TV in an out house but its still an outhouse.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grove City, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had to find a place to spend a night that would take our pet since we got to Florida a day ahead of schedule. We were put in a non-renovated room since we had a dog, which is understandable. Room was outdated, but had a clean bed and clean sheets. We are heading back to Florida in July and are looking forward to seeing how much has been done since we were there. Enjoyed the lounge being next to the pool, too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sussex, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

the pool and outside look good ,but looks can be deceiving oh my god i have never seen such a dirty room and hotel / fat smelly security guard OMG never again . we left after 10 minutes and werent refunded .

Room Tip: quality inn
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lexington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed in an upgraded room. Trash on floor, no tissues, one wash soap bars, wall needing to be repaired, lights did not work. The staff was annoyingly stupid but politely so. Was told that breakfast was available after 11AM. Drug deals witnessed. Noisy and just plain "toxic" I understand the manager had just been fired and assume some homeless beggar was filling in. My advice is to either go further south or north but put distance between you and this dump.. On the plus side there were no dead rodents found....

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michele A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are still under remodeling. These are the problems we need to know about so we can fix the problems as they arise. I would greatly appreciate it if you gave us another chance.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stopped and wandered the property and indeed the upgrades and improvements are ongoing just as the manager said. Saw workers on the second floor carrying out carpet (the dumpster was full of old carpet) and painters working. I live nearby and have not stayed there but lots of people are because the parking area was pretty full. I believe the review by traveling B is probably right about the transients and others having moved on as I saw no signs that they might be a problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We travel through out florida all the time for business, we have stayed in nearly all the 50.00 per room hotels in the Holiday, New Port Richey & Port Richey area.I admit I was dubious in booking here until I called to make the Booking. I spoke with the manager personally a pleasant gentleman, explaining the hotel was under new ownership and management and improvements were constant. I booked and guess what? all was as he said, super helpful friendly staff, NO BUGS more than I can say about the others I've stayed in around the area, clean fresh rooms Yes THERE IS A LOT of work going on and more to be done, but underneath and beginning to come to the surface is the grand ol damme she used to be!
This is my 3rd stay and I won't book anywhere else in the area from Clearwater to Hudson!
I feel this is the best hotel for the money in the north Pinellas & Pasco area you can find!
What I love the most is central heat & air in every room no moldy under window units!
Great value, I felt safe and comfortable, no signs of the drug dealers you see at the others!
Restaurant on premises, a lounge with entertainment, clean bug free rooms some completely redone and beautiful A gorgeous pool! 5 stars on effort & service and 3 stars on amenities, though they tell me more are on the way.

Room Tip: Pool side is the best view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tarpon Springs, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I live nearby and just wanted to provide a partial update. For more than a month I have seen crews there, railings being replaced, doors all open on the Hiway wing with painters in evidence. Pretty much everything other reviewers have said was true for years but now it looks like the new owners may be improving the facility. I plan to visit the property soon and take a look personally to see if the manager is correctly responding to us. It is close enough to my home that if improved it would be convenient for our Winter visitors.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Michele A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you, Tony for seeing we are remodeling. Just to give everyone a quick update. The first floor rooms are newly painted and have travertine tile. The second floor is being painted and will have new carpet soon. The owner just bought 20 rooms full of furniture, TV, lamps, bedding...everything you can think of, but the carpet from the Disney hotel in Orlando. Within this week the bar will be opening back up and soon after that the restaurant. When the bar is open guests can order drinks from their room and will be delivered right to their door. How awesome is that service?? =) We are slowly painting the outside of the hotel, because its actually hard to pick colors that represent the persona we want to excude to our guests. Do we want to be tropical or do we want to homey... Who knows, but in the end it will look great! We are sorry for anything that has happened in the past, but it is no longer like that. We are like a family here and will treat you the same way.

Been to Holiday Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!