“Very Good Steaks” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Hobe Sound
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: https://www.myfloridalicense.com/LicenseDetail.asp?SID=&id=14FF355C44ECD1C2782181A63A82BCFE
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Very Good Steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This has been our second visit to this restaurant, on our first visit I ordered the New York strip steak that was very good, but I noticed the prime rib being delivered to the other tables and it looked great and this was my mission this time. We where joined by another couple that frequent this restaurant routinely.
I ordered the prime rib large cut, menu states between 18 to 20 ounces with baked potato and spinach. My wife had the filet with scalloped potatoes and broccoli. And our friends ordered the identical dishes of sirloin steak with country fries and tomatoes. The prime rib was a very large cut with a very dark crust that it tasted amazingly great and the au jus was thicker then normal but a wonderful flavor, I order medium and it was delivered as ordered. The baked potato was on the small version with a side of sour cream and butter. The fried spinach was good when pieces had the seasoning and garlic other wise it was just bland, more even distribution of seasoning would have made this side much better.
My wife's fillet looked overcooked but to the touch it was tender, she liked the previous visit better, this one did not meet her expectations, she liked the sides. As to our friends meals, they looked overdone also but they have ordered medium/well, they did consume all of their meal.
For a Wednesday night they where very busy and customers ordering the prime rib or the New York strip the food looked very good, my second visit was a good experience again and I do recommend this restaurant, but the problem on my next visit Prime Rib or New Strip? maybe I will order both beef and beef.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Get there early it is worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

You need to get there early...they open at 5pm and the tables fill quickly but it is worth it. The steaks are aged and delicious. Good portions...try the Spinach Salad...warm bacon dressing. The prices are very reasonable...good food and good prices make for an enjoyable meal.

Visited May 2013
Jupiter, Florida, United States
“Did Not Get Pass the Front Door”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Tried to find out what all the rave was about, we were not able to get pass the front door waitress/host whoever she was. Very RUDE, walked up told here a party of 5 on Friday night at 7:30pm. understanding there is wait on Friday nights. She leaned back let out a big sigh and said it will be an hour and a half, we responded OK we'll go to the bar, she came back with No you Won't, I'll take your drink order in a few mins. Not sure who the guy wearing a cook's outfit on was but he kept coming out to see what parties were next and how many in the party. If they were that backed up, shouldn't he be in the kitchen cooking! The women in our party when for the restroom, and the lady asked them can I help you, they explained they were going to the ladies room, she said oh OK! Really! I'll not be going back, keep spending our money in Jupiter!

Visited May 2013
Stuart, Florida
“You gotta eat there !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The House salad is outrageous. The Meat is tender and delicious.
The entrees were Perfectly cooked.
The Friendly waitstaff were attentive.
The scalloped potatoes were excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Loved Everything About It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great food, friendly staff and reasonable prices. They offer wine and beer as well. This is a great place for delicious grilled steaks. Can't wait to go back on our next visit down to FL....they don't take reservations but its worth the short wait for a table.

• Visited March 2013