“Well-managed property with attention to detail.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach

You added Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach to your Saves list
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2809 South Ocean Blvd., Highland Beach, FL 33487 (Formerly Holiday Inn Highland Beach-Oceanside)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Highland Beach
San Francisco, California
“Well-managed property with attention to detail.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I enjoyed my stay in late April. Traveling alone, I felt very safe. The staff were helpful and friendly. The guys working the valet detail were quick and accommodating. The recent renovations resulted in a comfortable, attractive and highly functional property. I would definitely recommend to friends, and would return.

There are many restaurants and shops within several miles of the property, so if the weather isn't perfect, there are other nearby activities.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the resort at the end of April...I had an ocean front room on the top floor...the hotel has been updated in a fun mid-century style that fits the architecture...I loved the decor of the room and the public spaces. The beach was great -- and though I didn't dine at the hotel, there were many people at the bar and restaurant enjoying themselves. Valet was fast and friendly...as was the front desk. A couple of days after checkout, I realized I had left sandals in my room. I called and the Manager found them in Lost and Found and kindly mailed them to me. I greatly appreciated that service. I will return to this property when I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Ocean Front
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Spent four nights here with a friend. We were very pleased with the resort. We never left the property except for our walks down the beach. The hotel is recently remdeled and has anice modern boutique feel. The rooms are clean and well stocked with water, towels, lotion, soap, gel etc. The pool are bar is nice ad the property well manicured. The restaurant was a real treat. We ate here every meal. We had originally thought we would make a Trader Joe run for breakfast foods, snacks and wine. Latitudes was so good we never did. The food was delicious and the service was very good. We enjoyed omelettes every morning and they even split our plates for us since we were sharing. The Spicy Mahi Tacos were great on the beach and served perfectly. We had Tuna Tartare, Halibut, Crab Crusted Grouper, Cobb salad and the Seafood Stew. All of our dishes were well prepared and good size portions. Highly recommend this hotel. Great get away to just come and rest and enjoy the beach.

Room Tip: Ocean Front is worth it
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Boca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Beautiful Restaurant and great setting. Wonderful lighting and the best service
possible. The computer broke down, not a big deal, just add, about 30 minutes
to get the credit cards to clear. Dessert: The best home made ice cream in the world.
Just go for Dessert. Entrees: A for looks and C- for taste. All the different types of
fish..... tasted the same. Best bet: Stay at the inside bar. Great drinks and Great
People to provide the best service, in Palm Beach area. It's fun and worth checking
it out.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Pleasant experience without any fuss. Pure hospitality. Everything you can ask for without a hitch. Every detail is seamlessly covered by a staff that truly cares. This is a GEM in the otherwise pot luck world of South Florida.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We are a family who stayed here for five nights with two young kids aged five and four.

I’ve been coming here for several years when it was a Holiday Inn property. The refurbished rooms are a welcome improvement as is the new bright open reception.

We had a bad experience with the gas flame stone fire at the poolside bar. In the evening it’s nice to look at however it is not properly protected and is very dangerous for younger children especially just after it is turned off but is still burning hot. Just after it was switched off my four year old boy picked up some of the hot stones and burned the tips of some of his fingers. We had some tears and blisters for a couple of days. I reported the event to the front desk the following morning who were clearly underwhelmed by the issue thanked me for the information but that was pretty much it. It was a big deal for me a parent clearly not a big deal for them.

We had a pool view suite that was spacious. Latitude’s restaurant is excellent for dinner especially if you like fish. Service was mixed – it’s a bit hit and mixed depending on who you get.

I didn’t like the new valet set up. It’s inconvenient particularly if you are a guest of the hotel frequently coming and going. Also the $25 resort fee is annoying. This hotel is too small to qualify as a real resort. The explanation for the fee described at check when you receive your room key is that the fee covers coffee in your room, wifi, valet, access to the pool and beach. It would be far more transparent if prices were quoted with the resort fee included. If you don’t use the pool or beach you feel cheated. Having said that in general though I think the hotel including the resort fee is good value for money.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Cheryl O, Front Office Manager at Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear budapest22,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our resort. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our new renovations and had an excellent dinner at Latitudes. We did take your report very seriously regarding your son burning some of his fingers. I apologize if you thought we were not concerned. It was addressed immediately and we are in the process of getting a cover to put over the hot stones once the fire is shut off for the night. The safety of our guests and children is always a top priority.

I appreciate your loyalty and hope to welcome back your family again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed here 4/15 - 4/22/15 and it was wonderful. Every single staff member was courteous and helpful. The beach was great. The hotel itself was wonderful, comfortable and clean. We had a great time. I would highly recommend. Lori R

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach? Share your experiences!