My husband and I stayed in this resort during 4 nights (Nov. 26-Nov 30), prior to the cruise that departed from Port Everglades and enjoyed this hotel very much. We stayed in an ocean front room on the sixth floor (# 642) with an amazing view. It also has a nice terrace with 2 chairs & small table. Due to renovation works for the new restaurant/bar, we were offered a complimentary breakfast which was more than we had expected. The room was newly decorated and well equiped; bathroom was very functional; mattresses were super. All personnel (cleaning/reception/valet men/beachboy Steve) were all very helpful and friendly. Pool was very clean.
It's a pity that we saw that sometimes people were too lazy to put their beach towel in the dirty linen basket.
Except for the restaurant on the spot which by now is open again, there is no other place to eat within walking distance - this is a small disadvantage in our opinion - a car is indispensable if you want to eat somewhere else.
We booked long enough in advance and at a promotional rate, directly with the hotel; the standard rate seemed fairly high to us.
Since we live in Europe it is highly unlikely that we will return to this hotel but we can strongly recommend it for 4/5 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour of this hotel!Located directly on the Atlantic Ocean. Minutes from Boca Raton and Delray Beach. 115 newly-renovated guestrooms. Full service restaurant and two meeting rooms with beautiful views ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Highland Beach-Oceanside Hotel Highland Beach
- Highland Beach Holiday Inn