“Honeymoon stay at the Grady House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grady House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in High Springs
Grady House Bed and Breakfast
You added Grady House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
420 NW 1st Avenue, High Springs, FL 32655   |
Ranked #1 of 2 High Springs B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lake City, FL
“Honeymoon stay at the Grady House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I spent the first night of our honeymoon in the Grady House "Red Room" . I thoroughly enjoyed the spa bathtub in the room, as well as, the first class breakfast in the morning! We were served mimosas (orange juice and champagne) with peach schnapps which were out of this world, with other goodies before we headed off. My brother, sister-in-law, and parents, who were visiting from out of town, were able to stay in the cottage next door, but still on the same property. This was a blessing as it gave us privacy, but still allowed us to spend some time together for a delicious breakfast and fellowship before we headed off for the remainder of our honeymoon. I recommend this B&B to anyone!
The owner is very generous and hospitable. Location is outstanding.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the Grady House for our anniversary and had a great time. The house itself of the perfect bed and breakfast. The bedrooms are very comfortable and the common areas of the house are well decorated and perfect for relaxing. We spent a fair amount of time out in the gardens. If you are looking just to slow down, it doesn't get much better than setting in the gazebo by the koi pond. Breakfasts are amazing! Need a little exercise after the big breakfast, just ask Paul and Lucie to let the dogs out! Nothing like trying to keep up with high energy Dalmatians to get your day started. We stayed in the Red Room and it was perfect for our romantic weekend. We have already booked our next stay at the Grady House and can't wait.

The Grady House is the perfect place to stay if you are planning to visit Ichetucknee or Ginnie Springs. Both are just a short drive and the Grady House even provides your beach towels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have stayed at a number of B&B's over the past 7-8 years since retirement and this lovely home gets first prize. Walking up the steps and seeing the front porch decorated with such charm was most welcoming.The home is so lovely, comfortable and kept immaculately. I especially enjoyed my room on the first floor because I could sneak out and grab a cup of coffee early in the morning. Breakfast was just delicious. Lovely amenities in the room. Their garden is very special, very large, with a pond and just delightful and private to meander around in. I liked the location which is close to a number of interesting shops for browsing and several restaurants. Nice pottery items for sale and I bought one. I am looking forward to my return trip North just for another visit to the Grady House. I am sure I will have more wonderful things to share.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Lake Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I just left my second visit with Paul and Lucie. Some friends that live in High Springs had recommended Grady House last year and am I glad! They are both wonderful people and their love for Grady House and their community shines through. The accomodations are superior and cozy. I truly feel at home. Lucie's breakfasts are superb and complimented by Paul's great sense of humor. I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend in the blue room. We were albe to walk to Great Outdoors restaurant, which was also fabulous, and we rode a scenic paved bike trail early in the morning, then enjoyed a gourmet breakfast served in the antiques-filled dining room. Decor was authentic to the historical period of the home and the innkeepers were welcoming. Sadly we had to listen to another guest who had partied too heavily and was ill all night long, but that was the only drawback to an otherwise lovely visit. We will return for sure when we are in the area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Immaculate and comfortable rooms. Beautiful home and location. Breakfast was absolutely imaginative and delicious. Lucie was more than accommodating of our early schedule and had breaKfast ready early so that we could make our training class on time. She had excellent dinner and lunch recommendations for us, too. We loved it there and felt completely pampered. I would recommend this for anyone needing to visit high springs or Gainesville. I will be back just so I can have more of the sausage cheese muffins and coffee!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cheyenne28, Owner at Grady House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
It was a pleasure having you in our home. The sausage muffin recipe is on our website. We hope you enjoy it with your family but still come back to visit! Paul and Lucie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

A lovely experience for 2 nights in the green room. Breakfasts are first class gourmet, expect them to fill you until dinner. The grounds at this b&b are as enjoyable as the home itself. Several sitting areas, winding paths, orchids and a koi pond all add to the natural beauty. The home is inviting and filled with "pretties" in every direction. Owner was super accommodating to our check in/out times. Large dalmations residing on premise do make themselves heard on occasion and are gorgeous and friendly. Not a deterrant for us in the least. A spa just a stone throw away...we didnt try it but reviews are positive. I would recommend Grady House for a romantic getaway, family together, or anyone looking to feel welcome and relaxed in an environment of old charm and peacefulness. I miss the green room's heavenly claw foot tub!!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We enjoyed having you in our home. Paul and Lucie

Been to Grady House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!