“Tasty BBQ With a Wide Variety of Sauces” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Florida
“Tasty BBQ With a Wide Variety of Sauces”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We've gotten carry-out from here twice and got the pulled pork sandwiches both times. Lots of meat is piled high on Texas toast and they have a lot of sides to choose from. The first time I visited, I was greeted by one of the owners (a husband-wife team) who offered me a chicken wing to sample. They are also patient about letting you try their different sauces (they have about 10). The owners are friendly and enthusiastic, and as UF alumni, we appreciate all the Gators paraphernalia.

The BBQ was good enough to keep us coming back and I hope this restaurant sticks around. While we haven't dined in yet, they do have some tables available. It's a small place, but much better than most chains. Just remember they are closed on Sundays, and close fairly early on weekdays (8 PM I think).

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lake City, Florida
“Good BBQ Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We had a groupon for Gator Q and tried it out the other night. We were greeted by the owner, who was also our server. She was very informative about the smoking process and the menu selections. We were given a smoked chicken wing to try since it was our first vsit. It was very moist and tasty. Quite a few sides that were not the standard at a BBQ place. We had the mac and cheese that was made with several cheeses and included ricotta and cream, it was very good. I also had sweet potato fries and my husband had the greens, which were a little spicy. We had the smoked chicken and pulled pork. The chicken was excellent, had a great smoky flavor and was moist and tender. The pork was good, but next time, I think I'll stick with the chicken. They offer 10 different sauces to try and will bring each of them to you if you ask. They aren't run of the mill sauces either, they had quite a choice of unique sauces. We tried 5 different ones and were pleased with them all, although the honey mustard was my favorite. The owner really made you feel right at home and was very friendly and helpful. It is a small restaurant and as the name suggests is full of Gator memorabilia. It is worth the drive from Gainesville or Lake City.

• Visited March 2012