“My favorite Vietnamese place” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #112 of 268 Restaurants in Hialeah
Miami, Florida
“My favorite Vietnamese place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Green Papaya is in the shopping center right across the street from my apt. I'm there at least once a week. Everything on the menu is delicious! I know, I've had everything on the menu. My favorites are the roast duck soup, the special fried rice and the summer rolls. My mouth is watering!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Ordered Pho. Only one selection available on the Broth was weak and meat almost non-existent. Average at best.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“18% gratuity automatically added?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited the restaurant today because the kids wanted Vietnamnese food after 7 days of fast food and steaks. Based on the review on this site and being the only Vietnamese restaurant in Hialeah, FL , we decided to give the place a try. The place was small, a bit crowed as there were 2 other large parties (10+ each) in the restaurant, it took some time for the food to come, tasted ok, nothing special, the soup was cold, asked for reheat. When I  get the bill i noticed there was 18% gratuity automatically added? When I question the owner about this, He brought out the menu and pointed to the small fine print "18% gratuity may be added to the bill" , I then questioned him about "may be added", no where on the menu stated that it was mandatory, we had 2 adults, 2 teenagers , 1 small kid, and I don't believe we fit into the " large party" as  claimed by the restaurant owner, the response from the owner was ' it is my restaurant rule, like or not the 18% is added, and the waitress lives on this because I don't pay her any salary/ wages...." . I personally think this it a whole bunch of Bu#%S&@%. Just a heads up,  If you are going to visit this place, just make sure you question about  the 18% gratuity before ordering your food. I believe the gratuity should be given at free will based on the services received, as for my self, this will be the first and last time dine at Green Papaya in Hialeah. ( just to add, the service provided by the waitress was great, 15-18% tipping is reasonable, I just don't like to be forced into tipping and been BS by the owner about he is not paying the waitress, and she is solely depending on the tips ???.

Visited March 2013
Miami
“excellent and cozy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is not a big restaurant is japanese food , the prices are good and everytime that my husband and i go we eat the special fried rice when you try that rice your not going to eat chinese fried anymore is so fresh and so good its amazing

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Good vietnamese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was a regular customer of Green Papaya for years until I found a replacement closer to home. The restaurant is family run with the owner running the kitchen. The prices are moderate, they are not cheap however the food is pretty good. I personally preferred the lemmon grass pork shop and their fried rice. The location is not the greatest when it comes to parking as it is a very busy shopping plaza.

• Visited December 2011