“Waiters are trained well, for the good of the Owner and the Bill.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Novillo Restaurant

El Novillo Restaurant
15450 New Barn Road, 110, Hialeah, FL FL 33014 (Formerly El Novillo)
(305) 819-2755
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 268 Restaurants in Hialeah
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Latin, Spanish, Grill, South American, Central American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For the last 25 years, our Latin American restaurant has specialized in serving authentic Nicaraguan and Central American style cuisine to the area. Our house special and most popular dish, the churrasco which is a tenderloin meat filet, is accompanied with our favorite chimichurri sauce, gallo pinto and sweet plantains. We don't stop there, we also have chicken and seafood available. If you're looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, our tres leches dessert is a crowd favorite. Soaked in three different kinds of milks and topped with marsh mellow like heavy cream, it is sure to put a nice cap to a wonderful meal. We've continued to be a great family place to dine with live music on weekend. If you're looking to host a special event with a small or large group we can accommodate you. We can easily hold 80+ people at our restaurant. Come see us today, we look forward to having you as our guest. Bienvenidos!
Florida
“Waiters are trained well, for the good of the Owner and the Bill.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We are regulars at El Novillo, but there is one problem I have with the place.
when you are in the Process of Ordering, and for Example...you say..ok I want the Baby Churrasco....right away, they ask you/Tell you " Do you want Shrimp with your Churrasco"? or usually it will be like this "Shrimp with your Churrasco.......( second Example is not even a question)
For us Regulars, we already know that that tricky question/non question" Shrimp" will cost you $9 !!!! (4 Shrimps)
For people , who doesnt know, the Question is being asked the very "Wrong Way"....because the correct way to ask that is saying... " Would you like to Add shrimp to your entree for $ 9..??
Here is a perfect Example....I went there Yesterday with 3 people who just got here from Spain, where Beer, Tapas , Ceviche and Seafood is cheap in most places, even by the Ocean......
And whithout hesitating at all ,and not even asking any questions, they all said...Yes , of course.....and the Baby Churrasco end up costing almost $28......
I dont care paying good $ , but I want it to let you people know, how incorrect this is being asked at the table.....
I will bet, that every single Tourist or new people to the area, when they see the bill, at the end....they will ask the same question...." wait a minute, they ask me if I want it this...but never gave me the real Explanation...
my issue with this is: 4 Old Frozen Shrimp for $9......................!!!????Wow........pretty cold punch.....

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hamilton, Bermuda
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

First a 10 min wait for a table became 25 mins. And while never offering our group a drink, we waited another 20 mins after we were seated before taking our drink orders followed by 30 mins before our dinner orders. The place was not busy and there were many waiters running around. We had to ask the bartender each time for a new order of drinks rather than being offered before the glasses were empty. I rarely complain but I thought they need to know about this experience. CS

Visited May 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent churrasco.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Some of the best churrasco I've had, with a Costa Rican theme. Sides include gallo pinto, mariquitas and sweet plantains.

Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
“It's in Miami Lakes, NOT Hialeah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This restaurant IS IN Miami Lakes and about 1 mile from the Hialeah City boundary ! Have eaten at this location many times and at other el Novillo Restaurants in Miami, they are always excellent. Food is very good, service even better. Nice atmosphere for either family or business lunch or dinner. Plenty of parking. Always an enjoyable experience. A little expensive though.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Earth City, Missouri
“Amazingly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My server advised me to order the steak chimichuri which was awesome. It was a substantial dish with rice and beans, very fresh salad and plantains. I was glad he steered me away from the fajitas because this was more authentic and representative of the cuisine there.

Visited February 2013