“Excellent churrasco.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Novillo Restaurant

El Novillo Restaurant
15450 New Barn Road, 110, Hialeah, FL FL 33014 (Formerly El Novillo)
(305) 819-2755
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 267 Restaurants in Hialeah
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Latin, Grill, Central American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: For the last 25 years, our Latin American restaurant has specialized in serving authentic Nicaraguan and Central American style cuisine to the area. Our house special and most popular dish, the churrasco which is a tenderloin meat filet, is accompanied with our favorite chimichurri sauce, gallo pinto and sweet plantains. We don't stop there, we also have chicken and seafood available. If you're looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, our tres leches dessert is a crowd favorite. Soaked in three different kinds of milks and topped with marsh mellow like heavy cream, it is sure to put a nice cap to a wonderful meal. We've continued to be a great family place to dine with live music on weekend. If you're looking to host a special event with a small or large group we can accommodate you. We can easily hold 80+ people at our restaurant. Come see us today, we look forward to having you as our guest. Bienvenidos!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent churrasco.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Some of the best churrasco I've had, with a Costa Rican theme. Sides include gallo pinto, mariquitas and sweet plantains.

Visited March 2013

Miami, Florida
“It's in Miami Lakes, NOT Hialeah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This restaurant IS IN Miami Lakes and about 1 mile from the Hialeah City boundary ! Have eaten at this location many times and at other el Novillo Restaurants in Miami, they are always excellent. Food is very good, service even better. Nice atmosphere for either family or business lunch or dinner. Plenty of parking. Always an enjoyable experience. A little expensive though.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Earth City, Missouri
“Amazingly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My server advised me to order the steak chimichuri which was awesome. It was a substantial dish with rice and beans, very fresh salad and plantains. I was glad he steered me away from the fajitas because this was more authentic and representative of the cuisine there.

Visited February 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Great ambiance, service, and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Server was prompt and checked occasionally to see if we needed anything. The food was very good. The Churrasco was excellent; the meat was lean and cooked perfectly as ordered. They provide 3 different sauces for the steak, we had it with the chimichurri" sauce and it was delicious. Also, the Gallo Pinto (rice and beans) was very good. We went on a Sunday and were surprised to find out that on Sundays children under 12 eat free from the kids menu. My 6 year old daughter got the Churrasco and it was a little bigger than I expected for free; she loved it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Lakes, Florida
“Local family latin steak house with great service - a tad bit pricey but worth the visit. Atmosphere and decor possibly needs up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Our family visits this restaurant about every three months because we know that we will get a great churasco skirt steak (Latin Nicaraguan style) with yummy sides! This is our typical pick. Steak is pretty big and possibly a bit pricey especially if you share. They charge you about 5 bucks for sharing which I don't think this is fair especially if you purchased the biggest cut. I decided to write a review today because I actually have never had a bad experience at this restaurant. I would ask the restaurant that they review their wine list. There's better wines out there. My Rioja selection wasn't the best during my last visit. Outside of this wine issue, I ask you to support this local family business.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere