“A little wear and tear...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)

You added Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 W. 20th Ave., Hialeah, FL 33016   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah
Denmark
“A little wear and tear...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

An OK Holiday Inn Express – nothing more, nothing less. Rooms OK, breakfast was great (cinnamon buns still makes me drool), but the hotel and its surroundings was a bit worn, but nothing that should prevent anyone from staying here. However, and please be aware of, that this is not aimed at this specific HIE, but all HIE in general: I have noticed that a reoccurring problem with HIE is their Wi-Fi in the rooms. The signal is just not strong enough. The signal keep on going on and off making it really difficult if you have to do some work. If the IGH group and HIE want to be taken seriously as a business preferred hotel then please up the performance on this particular area. When said, this Holiday Inn Express did not disappoint us when staying there, and we will not think twice to stay there again, when coming back to this area

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel a lot. This hotel did not make me feel welcome when I walked in the door. I requested to be put into a room that was far away from the road in a quiet respond because I work nights and need to be able to sleep all day long I was told in a passive aggressive tone by the hotel manager," ohhh don't worry you'll be fine."
First of all when I'm paying you to stay at your hotel don't tell me how I'm going to be. He then proceeded to put me in the corner room on the bottom floor closest to the overpass in busy highway near the hotel. Also when the maids clean the adjoining room they bang the vacuum into the lock out door which almost surely will wake you up if you're sleeping. This is not the service that should be provided to someone who buys 3 nights at your hotel. From what I understand the most of your guests are people who are staying one night to catch a cruise. Change your ways.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Christopher M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always our top priority to provide a great and satisfying stay for our valued guests. It is regrettable that the level of service you have received on your recent stay fell below your expectations. I would love to regain your faith in our hotel and and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rooms are fine, but ... what a disastrous location! Sounds and feels like cars and trucks are passing left and right by your bed. Cheap, poor construction, you feel like in bad parts of Latin America. How can hotels like this be part of the Holiday Inn chain? (The Holiday Inn Miami Airport isn't much better) Stay away if at all possible!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I did not liked the location of hotel - too close of the freeway, terrible breakfast, Internet does not work at all at room - tried, called IT, but the problem is signal strength. If you want to work at the Confort of your room don't choose this hotel.

The room is what is expected from a Holiday inn, no complains.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Fernando E,

I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay at our hotel. It is nice to know that the rooms are well to your liking. However, I regret if the location of the hotel and the internet connection did not live up to your expectations. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. I have shared your comments with the hotel management and we’re confident that necessary action will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to showing you the improvements next time you are in Miami Lake.

Divina P.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

The front desk staff were very nice. The hotel is a standard Holiday Inn Express. It is in good condition and could benefit from some updates. At breakfast each morning the manager walked through the dining area greeting guests and asking if things were OK with thir stay. I needed a suggestion for a restaurant and the gentleman at the front desk listened to the request carefully and suggested somewhere he personally likes. I didn't want a chain restaurant. It was a nice local place that fit my needs perfectly.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Sussex UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Stayed here after flight from London before driving on to Naples. Hotel close to 75 interstate and easy to find. Room adequate, comfortable bed, noisy air conditioning, good shower. Breakfast was aimed at the business traveller, quick coffee, toast, scrambled eggs etc. There was no fruit but when the general manager, Rosalyn Long Laso, introduced herself she quickly remedied this and brought some to my table. I was impressed with her professionalism.

I would return for a night but not for a long stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
RosalynLLGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Ladyofleisure2010,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments are appreciated and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and shower. I also appreciate your kind words about me; it was absolutely my pleasure to serve you and have you as our guest. We look forward to serving you again!

Warm regards,

Rosalyn Long Laso
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Hialeah/Miami Lakes, FL
Heredia C.R.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Great stay.. No complaints at all... Maybe they can do better with the breakfast!!
Be sure to eat before you get back to the hotel because there aren't good restaurants nearby...
Service and accommodations are good, good worth for the price...

Stayed November 2014

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)? Share your experiences!