“Amazing Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 W. 20th Ave., Hialeah, FL 33016   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Hialeah
Winter Haven, Florida
“Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I Have to travel for business quite often. I have stayed a several hotel chains, I will now only stay at the Holiday Inn Express when I'm in the Miami area. I stayed 5 nights at this hotel and I felt very safe and welcomed. The hotel was spotless and all of the staff was so accommodating. Every person from housekeeping, front desk and management. Thank you for making us feel so welcome .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RosalynLLGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Michelle L.,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hialeah-Miami Lakes! We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and our staff. Our entire team takes great pride to ensure they deliver exceptional service to every guest. We are pleased that you found it safe, welcoming, very clean and we exceeded any expectations you had. Thank you again for your review. We welcome the opportunity to be your choice of hotel on your next visit to Miami. Happy Holidays!
Rosalyn Long Laso
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hialeah-Miami Lakes, FL

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed for several nights while on a business trip, The staff at this hotel far exceeded my expectations. Upon arrival I was met by Nayda & Lorenzo and my check in was quick and we were given a fabulous room. Nayda noticed that I was not a IHG rewards member and immediately helped me become a member to receive rewards. Ana did a great job putting out a delicious breakfast every morning, I also had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Owen, Midlone and Lewanda, who were extremely accommodating. During my stay, I received unfortunate news, and this amazing staff were very encouraging and sympathetic to my need. This hotel was immaculate and we will be returning next month. Thank you for exemplary service!

Room Tip: I will make sure I stay at a Holiday Inn Express & Suites in my travels.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RosalynLLGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Pattyb1234,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our staff and we are delighted that you were happy with your stay. I also am pleased to know that Nayda, Lorenzo, Ana, Owen, Midloune & Lawanda were empathetic towards your needs and were able to exceed your expectations. We truly appreciate your feedback and our staff looks forward to serving you again!
Orlando,FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight at this hotel. The rooms are comfortable and beds very comfortable. Nice hot breakfast to send you on your way! We are a family of 4. Access to rooms and doors are by credit card type key. We were able to put a pass for parking on our dash. Saw a security guard checking cars for unauthorized vehicles.

• Stayed October 2013
RosalynLLGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear ElaineOrlando,
Thank you for your positive feedback! It was nice to hear that you found our beds very comfortable. Our mattress' are fairly new and we often receive positive comments regarding "a great night's sleep". I am pleased to hear that you were also able to take advantage of our delicious, complimentary hot breakfast buffet. It is a value that we offer to all of our guests, 7 days a week. We look forward to seeing you and your family again when you travel to the Miami-Hialeah area!
Jacksonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here four nights while on business. The room smelled musty and was very humid. My eyes itched so bad that I had to take an allergy pill. Members. of a family party adjacent to my room spent most of the night knocking on each other's doors and where were very loud.

I awoke to a roach crawling on the wall and that was just awful. The night clerk did not do anything but look up and say "sorry". That's it.

Thankfully, the afternoon crew acknowledged the roach issue more professionally, and discounted my room rate $40/ night. They also moved me to a different room. It was next to a smoking room so the hall smelled horrible, but the room was at least 40% more tolerable. Bottom line, I would stay at the Courtyard Marriott just down the street. This place needs an extreme makeover.

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear FloridaGirl74,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. It is great to know your concerns were addressed by our staff during your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the room condition. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our first experience wasnt the best:The bathroom door was very hard to open and close,The coffee maker was not clean and safe to use,the linen was dirty,breakfast did not meet my expectation,And there was a sign that said all i had to do was ask for take out bags for my food.come to find out,they had run out of bags,internet was etremely slow,and unfortunatley,we decided to take a dip in the pool and when we got ready to come back to our room,our room key did not work,and everyone else outside couldnt enter the hotel either.But fortunately,our second stay was a whole lot better.We felt right at home.Only problem we experienced was with no internet access.But other than that,customer service was excellent,and we felt like valued customers.We recommend and look forward to returning to this Hotel the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Request rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked a free night being a gold member.
We did not like our stay inn Key west so we decided to book a extra night.
Upon arrival the staff was very helpfull and friendly.
We could stay the two nights in the same room on the 4 floor.
In the room was a big safe to put your values.
The first night we heard the refrigator rating truck at four o clock in the morning.
We are not on floor one so we sleep after little time again.
Breakfast was good but to many people so it was difficult to find a table.
Drive to Miami beach and Dolphin mall was not so far.
We choose to stay here instead of Miami beach so we dont mind the drive.
Second day at the laundry we met a group very anoying gast.
Just put our wash in the machine a family of eight took over the laundry.
We are given no space to leave the laundry.
Really rude.
Puting our wash in the dryer they want us to take it out after a half hour.
The wash was still wet so we decided to add a little more time.
In the last five minutes when we smoeda sigaret one of the family asked again if we want to take out our wash again.
When time finished they give us no space to fold our wash.
It even felt on the floor by given us really just acces to the dryer removed not one step and even has to force the laundry door to get out because no one moved even after asking.
Terrible family but this is not the hotels fault.
Back one the room they are starting to knock on the door.
Calling reception security looked a few times on the foor and they stopped
Besides this we have a great time with perfect rooms and service

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Los Alamos, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am a platinum elite member for the IHG, previously Priority Club so normally you expect a "little bit" different level of service. I did not expect anything special but this is what I got:
I called the hotel directly on the day of arrival to make sure I get two beds in my room. Normally I always ask for an upgrade upon arrival and if there is anything available I always get it.
I was assured that I will get a queen bed and a sofa which was OK for me. Upon arrival at 11.30pm one thing that is impressive is the RED CARPET for platinum members. But this is where it ends. No greeting, no acknowledgment of the status and no room available that I was told I would get. So we ended up on a ground floor with a single bed. The problem was that the room faced the parking lot of the hotel that on each of the 3 nights that we stayed had refrigeration trucks parked in front. So not only we stayed with the annoying airconditioner, but when it was in an off cycle we had to listen to the running of the refrigeration trucks.
This is also the first hotel I have ever stayed in that the bathroom had a lock on outside of it. So I guess it is good if you want to lock somebody in the bathroom, not so much for the privacy. The front desk staff although polite did not show any enthusiasm in the service. No smile whatsoever. The swimming pool is closed for at least two weeks now but this is nowhere on the Holiday inn website that this is the case. The location of the hotel is also miserable, o attractions nearby, so get the car if you choose to stay here.

Room Tip: Stay away from the end of the hotel that has a parking dedicated to the large trucks.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CPapadopulos, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear polart68,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry to hear that it was so disappointing. The welcome you received and the warmth-lacking staff you encountered are definitively not what our guests are accustomed to. I will be sure to address this with our Guest Services Manager. As for the other issues, we will take immediate action to ensure that no other guests are inconvenienced. I would like to discuss your stay in greater detail and will attempt to contact you through TripAdvisor and also ask that you please contact me at hiare1@soundhospitality.com.
We regret that your stay with us was unsatisfactory, and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. By doing so you give us the opportunity to improve the guest experience at our hotel. Also, thank you for being an IHG Rewards Platinum Elite member. We truly value your loyalty.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Constantino Papadopulos

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)? Share your experiences!