I am a platinum elite member for the IHG, previously Priority Club so normally you expect a "little bit" different level of service. I did not expect anything special but this is what I got:
I called the hotel directly on the day of arrival to make sure I get two beds in my room. Normally I always ask for an upgrade upon arrival and if there is anything available I always get it.
I was assured that I will get a queen bed and a sofa which was OK for me. Upon arrival at 11.30pm one thing that is impressive is the RED CARPET for platinum members. But this is where it ends. No greeting, no acknowledgment of the status and no room available that I was told I would get. So we ended up on a ground floor with a single bed. The problem was that the room faced the parking lot of the hotel that on each of the 3 nights that we stayed had refrigeration trucks parked in front. So not only we stayed with the annoying airconditioner, but when it was in an off cycle we had to listen to the running of the refrigeration trucks.
This is also the first hotel I have ever stayed in that the bathroom had a lock on outside of it. So I guess it is good if you want to lock somebody in the bathroom, not so much for the privacy. The front desk staff although polite did not show any enthusiasm in the service. No smile whatsoever. The swimming pool is closed for at least two weeks now but this is nowhere on the Holiday inn website that this is the case. The location of the hotel is also miserable, o attractions nearby, so get the car if you choose to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from Miami International Airport and Opa-Locka Airport, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is your best choice in Hialeah-Miami Lakes-Medley. Our hotel features 146 guestrooms which include 68 suites and 4 Jacuzzi suites.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is your ideal destination. Imagine having all the space and tools you need for buisness, high-speed Internet, a specialized work area in your room, and plenty of electrical outlets. Our business center is there for copying, faxing, and features two computer workstations. If you're here for pleasure, you are just minutes away from outstanding shopping which include several malls, dining, entertainment and all the adventures that Miami is famous for.We provide all our guests with amenities that help ensure that your stay is comfortable and productive. Key amenities such as complimentary Stay Smart (hot) breakfast, free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout entire hotel, 24-hour fitness center, outdoor pool, and ample parking are just some of the comforts our hotel provides to help make your stay with us exceptional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes) Hotel Hialeah
- Holiday Inn Express Hialeah
- Holiday Inn Hialeah
- Hialeah Holiday Inn