“Worst Holiday Inn” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)

You added Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 W. 20th Ave., Hialeah, FL 33016   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah
Curitiba
“Worst Holiday Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Holiday inn is one of my favorites hotel chains but after staying in this terrible hotel i'll think twice before choose to stay in Holiday Inn again. The hotel is situated in a busy area, near highway, so near that you can her all the traffic, all night long. We stayed in a room far from elevator but it was easy to hear the elevator beeps, all night. Since the hotel was sold out there were a lot of guests coming and going slamming doors, all night. The internet was terrible too, slow and disconnecting all the time. The staff wasn't bad but not good, and didn't seen willing to help, even when our smoke detector started to beep, after i pressed the Heat option in the air conditioner. My best advice about this hotel: Don't stay here, go somewhere else, you'll be treated better and sleep better.

P.S: Don't order any pizza from Franco's Pizza, the recommended food option in the hotel. It took two and a half hours to be delivered and with wrong desert.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear RMacari,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and want you to have the best sleep possible when away from home and I am very sorry for the inconvenience the outside noise and internet may have caused during your stay. I understand your frustrations and I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I booked two rooms for two nights as we were two families with kids of the same ages. We loved this hotel for its cleanliness, friendly staff and ease of access to Miami beach and other areas. The free hot breakfast was good which meant we didn't have to plan for a Mc'D breakfast every morning. The lady in the breakfast area was very nice, especially to the kids which was very refreshing to see. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Miami.

The only drawback with this hotel is the WIFI. We stayed on the fifth floor and the wifi access was terrible. I had to use their Business center computer to access my emails and stuff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family and I traveled to Miami for my sisters wedding, it was about 30 of us, everyone stayed at the Holiday Inn. Check in was good and the rooms were very cleaned. The only issue we had was our ac unit started smoking the next day but we were moved to another room immediately. The continential breakfast was a great help with so many people traveling including children and each room had a microwave and a refridgerator. Thank you Holiday Inn for making the Riddick/Butler Wedding a great event.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I travel for a living and stay in a lot of hotels with most of them being Holiday Inn Expresses. I have never come across such a rude receptionist. If I didn't prepay then I would have stayed anywhere else. I was very disappointed because usually the receptionists are always so nice and helpful. The receptionists name was "Midloune" or something like it.

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Jdmalmstedt,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share a review. We take great pride in offering outstanding service and quality experience for our guests from start to finish, so please accept my sincerest apology if your stay was negatively affected by our receptionist. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest satisfaction.

I trust that the above issue will not deter you from choosing us as your hotel on your next visit to Hialeah, FL.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent hotel, good location for Miami Airport. Very friendly staff and quick and efficient. We stayed here the night before our flight home. Good sized rooms, free coffee 24 hrs. Free wifi and good selection of tv channels. Beds very comfortable and clean, bathroom well appointed and clean too. Free hot breakfast included too, which was a bonus. Very good selection and friendly staff in the restaurant. Good pool area, would be nice if there were a few loungers there and even nicer if the pool was slightly heated, they are my only negatives, however given the price you pay for here, you are getting an absolute bargain. I would definately stay here again,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. Nice firm mattress. I booked a king size bed but when I got to the room it was one queen bed with an enclosed area including a sofa, chair, desk , and Flat Screen TV. So they upgraded my room for the same low price. Newspaper every morning under the door. The breakfast was pretty good also good selection for foods. The staff was very nice and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel because Miami hotels are pretty high in price and this is low price and great quility!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Gibsonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Since the moment I arrived the staff was very friendly and most of all helpful! Anything I needed they were either right there or just a call away to assist. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean and the rooms basically have everything you can need like a fridge and microwave. I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip down, its just minutes from the International Airport, Malls, & Hospital.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
4.0 of 5 stars 271 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)? Share your experiences!