“July 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Hialeah
Bridgetown
“July 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my first visit to Florida and I chose Ramada Hialeah after reading the wonderful reviews and hearing the great stories colleagues of mine had when they stayed here. The entire hotel experience was great. The location is very ideal as Westland Mall is right across the street and many eateries are also within walking distance. The hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service to Walmart. The hotel shuttle service to and from MIA airport was very reliable. I also took the hotel shuttle to the airport and then rode the Dolphin Mall shuttle to Dolphin Mall. Amidst all my shopping, I didn’t have the time to lounge around the pool but next time for sure. My week here lived up to my expectations. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Florida. Keep up the great work, Management Team!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your positive review with Trip Advisor. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

652 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 8 days and enjoyed staying there. The staff at the Front Desk were very helpful and pleasant and check -in was pretty quick. The carpet in our room was a bit dated and tired ( hope these will be changed soon) but the room was clean and the housekeeping staff are very pleasant and helpful. It is a great location for shopping since the mall is across the street and their are several shopping areas on the street where the hotel is located. They are also several eating places at the mall and along the street. The shuttle service is excellent and they are on time. The experience we had was very good and no doubt we will stay at this hotel again. Thank you very much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our team was able to make your stay excellent. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is not fancy but it is clean and comfortable. It is in a great location for shopping and dining and is reasonably priced. It is about 20 minutes from the airport but has a free shuttle that runs hourly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip Advisor. I'm very happy to read that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Suitland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I picked the Ramada becasue I thought it would be a nice place to stay while in Florida. Boy was I wrong. The room was dirty. The tub had dirty residue from the previous guess. I went to the front desk and asked that someone come up to clean the tub. I was told someone would be there soon. about an hour later someone came to clean the tub and told me it was not dirt in the tub. She then left. I thought maybe I was crazy and maybe she was correct. I slid my finger across the tub need the drain and just as I suspected it was dirt. I waited until morning before I complained again. I asked the lady that was cleaning our floor if she could come in and clean the tub. She did with no problem. there were also juice bottles all over the room. That was no big deal I just threw them in the trash.

I slept with the tv on so I could drown out the noise in the hall. I was on the 2nd floor and the restaurant and bar was located in the lobby. Other guest would go to the bar and come back to the room being very loud not respecting guest that were in their rooms asleep. The lobby was party central. People were all over the place. One of the outlets in the room did not work so lighting was an issue.

One other thing, they advertise a $4.99 breakfast. The eggs are powder eggs.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your review with Trip Advisor. Please except my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your room. I have met with our executive housekeeper and review your comments. Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us and we will utilize your comments by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience excellent as well as ongoing training with the team.

Covington, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Upon being checked into the hotel we were placed in a room with mold growing on the walls and a room with a balcony that was not accessible. We were moved to a new room, however that room was also dirty with stained ceilings and a lack of hot water. Furthermore, each time we returned to the property we had to go to the front desk to have our key cards reactivated. This is a lackluster hotel and should be rated as one star! It is very far from a 2.5 star hotel! If you enjoy clean rooms, sitting on a balcony, and a safe mold-free environment, do not book this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pools have a better view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with Trip Advisor. As per our conversation yesterday I'm truly embarrassed with the inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay. Please know that I have reported this to our chief engineer and we are addressing this with urgency. Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT rooms to each and every guest we serve.

nijmegen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

2 Weeks stay with my family. Airco very noisy, no acces to the balcony, windows very dirty, have to activate roomkey every day. First week no wifi in the rooms. Every day we complained about that, unfriendly lady at front desk told us not to make a problem of it, we could use internet in the lobby! During our 2 weeks stay, just one time fresh sheets on our beds after i had to ask (beg) 4 times!!!!!! for it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experience with Trip Advisor. Please know that your valuable feedback is extremely important to us and we will utilize your comments by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience excellent as well as ongoing training with our Team. I apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. We have installed fiber optic wireless system in the hotel to improve our internet service., I will look into the other issues that you have mentioned and correct them.

Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel was located in a great area. Close to shopping areas and Walmart. The service was fair and having to activate the key each time you returned to the hotel was ridiculous. However the room was nice and the bed comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I'm pleased to hear that your room was clean and comfortable, however I do apologies with the issues you experienced with your room key. our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Armando

Been to Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport? Share your experiences!