“Hotel was just fine, scam was not” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book in Advance; Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Hialeah
Arlington, Virginia
“Hotel was just fine, scam was not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

So, stayed here for one night and got a decent rate. Room was large, everything was clean, free parking. BUT almost got my identity stolen by a scam not at the fault of the hotel but please read to prevent from potentially happening to you if you stay here or anywhere else...

Hotel phone rang at 4am. Answered, and was told that I needed to verify some information because an error popped up when going over my billing information presented at check in. Being sleepy and my brain not running at full capacity, it seemed believable. He asked for my name, billing address, birth date, phone number and credit card information. I found it somewhat believable because there was a minor snafu earlier. Long story short, I went down to the front desk because I didn't want to provide anything over the phone, and found out he was not the hotel manager and this is a scam that has happened frequently over the last few months, with some people having given all this information. In my opinion, the hotel should have had something posted warning guests of this possibility and emphasizing they would not ask for this info over the phone. That at least would have made it top of mind when seeing anything out of the ordinary. Never thought I'd be a victim of identity theft and thank goodness still clean, but combined with a believable story and being disoriented it almost happened to me.

• Stayed April 2013
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review on trip Advisor. I'm happy to read that our room was clean and comfortable. I would also like to thank you for your feedback and please know that we will make sure to discuss your comments with our operation's team.

660 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had to catch an early flight from MIA airport (which is why I wanted to stay at this hotel) and it made no sense to pay top dollar for a room that I was only going to be in for a couple of hours. I reserved a room at this hotel on Priceline, and I thought that I got a good deal based on the price and the fact that it was Spring Break. The joke was on me.

This hotel has a loud bar/club that plays obnoxiously loud music until way past 1 am. I couldn't sleep at all. When I called the front desk to see about switching rooms, I was told that the music could be heard throughout the whole hotel, and I would just have to wait until 1 am for the music to stop. Needless to say, I was exhausted the next day. You go to a hotel to sleep; if that becomes impossible, then the hotel stay isn't worth it. I will never stay here again, and I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I will make sure to address the loud music on Saturday nights at our lounge. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our ultmate goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve.

University Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Ramada Inn Miami Airport North is a hotel full on contradictions. Parts of the hotel were modern and pleasant, while others were in need of a complete makeover. The same can be said for the rooms themselves.

Located about 20 minutes from Miami International, the hotel does provide a free shuttle to and from the airport, as well as to the Cruise Port. The area is a busy one, with a large shopping mall directly across the street. There is free parking on site.

The lobby itself is pleasant, but not very large. The front desk is located there (of course) and is not suited to handle many people at one time. The staff was friendly enough, but there is very limited space at the counter to service more than a couple of customers. Waits can be somewhat extensive as a result of the layout of the counter.

As previously mentioned, the room was full of contradictions. Parts of the room were newer and modern, while other parts were in disrepair. For instance, the bathroom sink and counter fixture looked attractive and newer. However, the bathtub was peeling apart and in major need of being either replaced or refitted. The bed was reasonably comfortably.

There are small meeting rooms on site and a full service restaurant. There is a daily breakfast special that was inexpensive.

Keep in mind that this is a very busy area. Therefore, if crossing the street to go to the mall, it is best not to have young people going by themselves. There is simply a lot of traffic. For a good food recommendation, try Sir Pizza located next to the mall in the parking lot facing the hotel.

For a discounted price, this hotel will provide a suitable stop-gap while traveling thru. Don't be prepared to be overwhelmed, though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jason

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post your review on Trip Advisor. Please know that your feedback is important to us and we will utilize your comments to continue to improve our hotel. I was pleased to read that our satff was friendly during your stay.

Venlo, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stay there for my flight back home, my room was spacious and the frontdesk where very helpfull by finding everything to go to.
Big parking and only 20 minutes from the Miami airport next time i will stay there again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bejavenio

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I'm very happy to hear that you had a "GREAT ". Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve.

Armando

Been to Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport? Share your experiences!