“Great staff, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Hialeah
Antigua
“Great staff, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The service at this property is #1 and I say this having had some issues in the past with my reservations. The majority of the employees are simply excellent, and is the main reason why I stay here. The location is the next factor, it is great for shopping and 5 minutes away from a 24hr Walmart, BJ's, Target and accross the street from the Westland Mall. There is great dining both within the mall complex and within four blocks of the hotel including a Red Lobster (yeah!). Free shuttle and WIFI adds further value, there is a restaurant on property which is reasonably priced. The rooms are comfortable and clean and there are ongoing renovations to improve the facility. This is a work in progress and appreciated. Connecting to a cruise, shopping, quick layover, vacation? This is your spot.

Room Tip: I like 3rd or 4th floor in the main building, it has less traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest

I'm very pleased to read that we provided EXCELLENT service during your recent visit. Thank you for your kind words and high score. Our goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve.

Please know that I will share this with my team and thank them.

717 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Kennewick, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I want to start by thanking the staff for a great stay. The room was clean, and I actually got some sleep, the bed was comfy, ac worked awesome. The staff was so super helpful and friendly. Only bad thing was having to wait for over an hour at airport for the shuttle. And then the shuttle driver to the port was awesome and friendly.
I will stay here again when I come back to Miami for all my cruises, so far out of the 4 times I have been to Miami, this was the best hotel I have stayed at. Thanks again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear guest

I'm pleased to hear that you had an "EXCELLENT" stay at the Ramada Miami. Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve.

Thank you for the positive feedback.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We chose this Ramada Inn because it advertised free airport shuttle. The shuttle runs on the hour which is very convenient. We used it both ways. This property is undergoing renovation. The lobby is not yet renovated. We had one of the "refurbished" rooms. Unfortunately, the sliding glass door is now permanently shut and therefore very dirty on the outside. Though there is a balcony, you cannot go out there and it is now full of leaves and is dirty. Inside, is the typical adequate hotel room. The bathroom has been newly tiled. The carpet had stains already. There is free WIFI and a public computer in the lobby to print your boarding pass. One desk clerk was rather rude but all others were very nice. Our room key did not always work so we had to go back to the desk to have it re-keyed. We noticed, we were not the only ones who had that problem. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was ok for the basic 3 egg breakfast. This is right off the freeway and across the street from a shopping mall. The mall was a plus as we did not have a car and wanted a place to eat. There are a few restaurants and a food court there. Although you must cross a very busy street, there are traffic lights to help. There is a pool we did not use. It is literally off the freeway so very noisy. For being out most of the day as tourist with friends, this place was just fine.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the pool are facing a parking lot but quieter. Elevator is slow so a 2nd floor walk up...
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with tripadvisor. I appreciate your comments and please know that your feedback is important to us. Our ultimate goal is to provide Excellent rooms and service to each and every guest we serve. I'm sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations . i will address your observations and correct them right away.

Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently stayed one night at this Ramada and I was very impressed with the improvements around this property. It once had a fairly negative reputation but after their major renovations it’s a much better property today. I arrived around 11am a Sunday morning which was four hours before check-in. I was able to leave my bags in the luggage room and then I took the bus and went on to do some shopping at a few nearby stores. I returned in the afternoon just after 3pm and checked in then. I had a room on the 3rd floor which was fairly clean. The bathroom needed a bit more cleaning in my opinion. The bathtub also showed signs of wear and tear. Otherwise, the room was good.

This hotel provides a very prompt and efficient shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport and also to Walmart and BJs for those needing to do some shopping. My only two complaints would be that I asked for a room with good WiFi connectivity and I didn’t get this. The connection I got was intermittent at best from my room. I eventually got fed up and went downstairs and sat in the lobby to get a better connection. Secondly, when I arrived in Miami, I called the hotel six times in ten minutes before anyone answered the phone. This is not the standard a hotel brand such as Ramada should be happy with. I personally think that better can be done.

Would I stay there again? Probably…but there are other options nearby worth considering.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the front desk if you will need WiFi.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your feedback with tripadvisor. I'm pleased to read that enjoyed your stayed with us and mostly thank you for your feedback. Please know that your comments are important to us and I will utilize your feedback to continue to improve our services.

Warm regards,

Nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were in town to visit my husband's aunt at the hospital, so we didn't stayed much at the hotel except for shower and sleep.. but we were happy with the hotel, it was safe, clean and comfortable for our needs.. we didn't used their restaurant, nor the pool but for what I saw from my room it was well taken care.

The only problem we had was with the key cards demagnetizing because we put them close to our phones.. but they quickly fixed them without any troubles.

Dear Guest

I'm pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us and that our staff was "friendly & helpful". Please know that your feedback is important to us.

Thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve you.

Armando

Been to Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport? Share your experiences!